Let this pour into your thoughts

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by iDogeTwinkie

Now, before you all read this, I want you to know that I'm someone who thinks realistically about everything.
    I hide nothing, no bullshitting or any kind of crap and I'll be straight up forward with everything here.

I have this special issue with staff that I don't know how most of you take it, it's their attitudes.
    I know that shit depends on players too but you need to control yourself.

Not every single staff is like this but I don't like it when staff is completely how do you say - arrogant.
    You know what that word means? Being above everyone, thinking how everyone should show you respect etc.

If you want people to show you respect - fucking earn it.
    Don't expect from anyone to respect you if you don't show respect towards them.
    Respect must be earned.

Yes - you warned me. DannySharks did the same - which I never expected from a person who was once my friend who was always there for me - but that changed, and I noticed that months ago. Don't give me any kind of excuses - I contacted you several times and even when I knew you felt like shit I wrote you a text on Skype how much I supported you and how much I'm ready to be there for you and you didn't even bother reading that.

By threatning me you'll ban me after your shitty attitude representance you showed who you are.
    You don't know how to handle the truth and that's pretty sad.
    As a staff member you need to learn how to control your shit.

You need to understand that respect is not something to be fucked around with.
    You're a goddamn moderator on a Minecraft server.
    You're a normal player to me. Nothing more nothing less.

I once saw you writing a reply to an individual when he asked you "Why should I respect you?"
    You replied "You should respect me because I'm an moderator."
    Sorry but that's not how it works. Earn your respect and you'll have it, there's no other way around.

I called a human being a knobhead not 5 minutes ago. Apparently, that means dickhead.
    I can only assume I called someone like this, in particular, Venetorem - that's why I got a reaction like this.

I have a video that I recorded by accident when this happened, so cut any bullshit with any chat logs.
    Last time I checked they are editable therefore you can't use that as some sort of defense.
    It appears in my mind that Venetorem himself doesn't know the difference between knobhead and dickhead.

Do you know what the hell a knob is? You know, door handle, the thing with which you open the door.
    Do you know what the hell a dick is? I'm sure you do, you got one of these yourself.

I just proved you a fact and a good point that knobhead and dickhead words don't have anything to do with each other.

I expect a lot of replies from several staff here which is obvious as soon as a staff member is in question.
    If you're going to be defensive and defend an arrogant person, you might want to avoid that - I don't have time to fight.

Do yourself a favor and don't start some locker room fights and arguments. Accept the truth and start acting like a proper person and don't act like you're above everyone because of your staff powers. I could easily tell you to go fuck yourself, but I can do better than this. Say what you want - but I stand by facts not by any stupid arguments.

That's it. :)

2. Edited 7 years ago by BaronBattleBread

Neutrally speaking, its all about slang here.
    Sure, in normal places a knob means the usual things like a handle or a twisty lever thing, but this is the Internet and anything goes. In a regular dictionary its cited as the last definition, and if you turn your eyes to urban dictionary, you find that knob is synonymous with a particular of the male anatomy, and its regularly used as such in other countries- from my personal experiance the British and the Irish use it quite alot.

so yes, its easy enough to see how one would associate knobhead with dickhead.
    because theyre interchangable in todays language flow.

knob
    näb/Submit
    noun
    noun: knob; plural noun: knobs
    a rounded lump or ball, especially at the end or on the surface of something.
    synonyms: lump, bump, protuberance, protrusion, bulge, swelling, knot, node, nodule, ball, boss
    "the drake has a black bill with a knob at the base"
    a handle on a door or drawer shaped like a ball.
    synonyms: doorknob, handle, door handle
    "she turned the knob on the door"
    a rounded button for adjusting or controlling a machine.
    synonyms: dial, button
    "the knobs on the radio"
    a small lump of a substance.
    "add a knob of butter or margarine"
    NORTH AMERICAN
    a prominent round hill.
    vulgar slang
    a penis. <=====

3. (can I just complain here about arguing tactics, you actually presented no facts, Just your own views and ideas of a subject, for them to be taken as facts you need evidence to back them up, proof that they are indeed factual and not simply subjective)

I don't have anything else to do here but complain about phrasing. I won't say much more.

4. @BaronBattleBread Neutrally speaking, its all about slang here.
    Sure, in normal places a knob means the usual things like a handle or a twisty lever thing, but this is the Internet and anything goes. In a regular dictionary its cited as the last definition, and if you turn your eyes to urban dictionary, you find that knob is synonymous with a particular of the male anatomy, and its regularly used as such in other countries- from my personal experiance the British and the Irish use it quite alot.

so yes, its easy enough to see how one would associate knobhead with dickhead.
    because theyre interchangable in todays language flow.

knob
    näb/Submit
    noun
    noun: knob; plural noun: knobs
    a rounded lump or ball, especially at the end or on the surface of something.
    synonyms: lump, bump, protuberance, protrusion, bulge, swelling, knot, node, nodule, ball, boss
    "the drake has a black bill with a knob at the base"
    a handle on a door or drawer shaped like a ball.
    synonyms: doorknob, handle, door handle
    "she turned the knob on the door"
    a rounded button for adjusting or controlling a machine.
    synonyms: dial, button
    "the knobs on the radio"
    a small lump of a substance.
    "add a knob of butter or margarine"
    NORTH AMERICAN
    a prominent round hill.
    vulgar slang
    a penis. <=====

This is why Urban Dictionary is complete horseshit. It has a lot of shit that makes no sense because for the love of God if one word has about 50 meanings then what the hell has Internet turned into? I never believe into anything what these dictionaries say because a lot of people write in them stuff that makes absolute no sense. So honestly I wouldn't take that as any explanation. To me a knob is a door handle and that's what it will always be.

5. Edited 7 years ago by iDogeTwinkie

@TheDunmerRaven (can I just complain here about arguing tactics, you actually presented no facts, Just your own views and ideas of a subject, for them to be taken as facts you need evidence to back them up, proof that they are indeed factual and not simply subjective)

I don't have anything else to do here but complain about phrasing. I won't say much more.

They should make a special area for complaining. Suggest that to Crafty he might even accept it or nevermind there is player reports even though that's more aimed for the server itself. I did present a fact and not my point of view because many people have the same view because they know what a knob is. They're smarter and don't rely on bullshit like Urban Dictionary that is literally on the Internet unless it exists as a book, if it does - whoever made it - they should stop making these.

You know how they say - don't believe into everything what Urban Dictionary or Internet itself says. That leads into getting you brainwashed.

Also no, I don't need evidence to prove a fact. A person that is aware what a fact is when it comes to words - believe me - they will never say that you need to provide evidence so your facts can be found as facts in some people's eyes.

6. That, wasnt a post from urban dictionary

That definition i posted was from Webster.
    So...
    Its a fact that knob is recognized slang for penis.
    Its a fact that noone in their right mind calls someone a doorhandlehead.
    Its a fact that Vene was in his rights as a mod to call you out on it.
    And its a fact that your argument here is petty.

7. The staff who work their way up to becoming mods and admins, who have shown to Crafty himself that they are respectful enough in their own ways to be considered authority, have to EARN your respect too? Honey, if that was how the world worked, nothing would get done. They can't go around to each player individually and talk to them and interact with them until you think they deserve respect.
    Here are the facts that you cannot deny.

1. They hold a position of authority over you as being a staff rank.
    2. Authority is meant to be listened to (like how you should do what a cop tells you to do, what your drill sergeant tells you to do, what your captain tells you to do, and any other situation where there is someone who was given authority telling you to do something)
    3. You are not staff
    4. You have no power over others in the sense of authority here
    5. You, being someone with no authority, should listen to staff, people with authority

Respect your elders and the people over you.

and added,
    6. It is proven you do in fact need evidence to prove a fact, otherwise it will only be opinion

And if admin decide to be a little rude every once in a while, get over it. They are still in a position over you and you should respect them for their position, not because you find them rude or nice.

8. @BaronBattleBread That, wasnt a post from urban dictionary

That definition i posted was from Webster.
    So...
    Its a fact that knob is recognized slang for penis.
    Its a fact that noone in their right mind calls someone a doorhandlehead.
    Its a fact that Vene was in his rights as a mod to call you out on it.
    And its a fact that your argument here is petty.

I was talking about anything when it comes to Internet, whatever site it was.
    It's just dumb to rely on Internet's data. You guys need to find another way around.

9. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

@iDogeTwinkie I was talking about anything when it comes to Internet, whatever site it was.
    It's just dumb to rely on Internet's data. You guys need to find another way around.

Merriam Websters is a proper dictionary that is almost 200 years old, it's alongside Cambridge and Oxford dictionaries is the standard on which all professional language is formed. All of them publish physical copies too.
    I mean if you can't trust them for definitions of words then what can you trust?
    You don't get to pick and decide what words mean.

10. @Dennari43 The staff who work their way up to becoming mods and admins, who have shown to Crafty himself that they are respectful enough in their own ways to be considered authority, have to EARN your respect too? Honey, if that was how the world worked, nothing would get done. They can't go around to each player individually and talk to them and interact with them until you think they deserve respect.
    Here are the facts that you cannot deny.

1. They hold a position of authority over you as being a staff rank.
    2. Authority is meant to be listened to (like how you should do what a cop tells you to do, what your drill sergeant tells you to do, what your captain tells you to do, and any other situation where there is someone who was given authority telling you to do something)
    3. You are not staff
    4. You have no power over others in the sense of authority here
    5. You, being someone with no authority, should listen to staff, people with authority

Respect your elders and the people over you.

and added,
    6. It is proven you do in fact need evidence to prove a fact, otherwise it will only be opinion

And if admin decide to be a little rude every once in a while, get over it. They are still in a position over you and you should respect them for their position, not because you find them rude or nice.

I'm an adult not a kid so don't go over your mind with posts like this.

I don't give a single fuck what he is in a game, if that's how you guys see it then you need to start thinking properly. Respect elders? No. Respect must be earned. A lot of elders use respect as an excuse to act like complete dipshits towards people who are younger than them - and I met a lot of them, my family member - specifically my dad is like this and I told him things I never intended to and he listened to me.

He has nothing over me. No authority or power. He's still a normal player to me with moderator powers.
    You can take your shit to someone else. Thinking this way just makes people to think you're taking shit too seriously and that's not really something a person should do - but who am I to decide?

Like I said - if you want to be respected - earn your respect. No matter what age you are or whatever the hell you think you are - especially when it comes to games. A fucking game for much younger lads than I am.

I would also like to add one more thing: I was a moderator before and I never ever asked any player to respect me and I never claimed to have power over anyone because that is something that we call arrogance. I was ALWAYS chill with people and that's why I was respected in the community because of that, because I was a different person.

So now, everyone please stop giving me shit. I'm aware I'm right about this. There's too many people who think this way so yes, take it as you want. I'm getting enough of this bullshit. I don't really care if I eventually get banned because bans mean nothing to me.

11. @R4iscool1 Merriam Websters is a proper dictionary that is almost 200 years old, it's alongside Cambridge and Oxford dictionaries is the standard on which all professional language is formed. All of them publish physical copies too.
    I mean if you can't trust them for definitions of words then what can you trust?
    You don't get to pick and decide what words mean.

I trust nothing and to no body. That's where I stand at.
    I know what I was taught and I was taught in a proper way.

12. @iDogeTwinkie I trust nothing and to no body. That's where I stand at.
    I know what I was taught and I was taught in a proper way.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/shop-dictionaries/dictionaries

You were saying?

If this is all an problem with your trust issues and not an actual valid complaint about staff, this thread will be locked soon.

13. @R4iscool1 http://www.merriam-webster.com/shop-dictionaries/dictionaries

You were saying?

If this is all an problem with your trust issues and not an actual valid complaint about staff, this thread will be locked soon.

The only problem that I have with any kind of dictionaries is that they put a shit ton of meanings for one word and that - my friend - makes me to think that dictionaries are complete bullshit. If my own aunt who is a very educated person(even though she's the most arrogant person I've seen in my life) taught me what one word means and she told me what a word means in one sentence containing a few words. She didn't list me a crapload of fucking words. It's ridiculous.

...and no - this problem came from staff being arrogant. That's what the problem is and there is people in this community who think the same and some of them opened up but they got bombarded with bullshit from staff because it looks like staff sometimes can't accept the truth and become more friendly than this and kind of stop taking shit so damn seriously.

14. @iDogeTwinkie They should make a special area for complaining. Suggest that to Crafty he might even accept it or nevermind there is player reports even though that's more aimed for the server itself. I did present a fact and not my point of view because many people have the same view because they know what a knob is. They're smarter and don't rely on bullshit like Urban Dictionary that is literally on the Internet unless it exists as a book, if it does - whoever made it - they should stop making these.

You know how they say - don't believe into everything what Urban Dictionary or Internet itself says. That leads into getting you brainwashed.

Also no, I don't need evidence to prove a fact. A person that is aware what a fact is when it comes to words - believe me - they will never say that you need to provide evidence so your facts can be found as facts in some people's eyes.

Being from Ireland myself, I've grown up knowing exactly how the word is used, and seeing is used as thus. In fact come to think of it, it's used more than DoorKnob or so on.

And you do need to prove a fact, otherwise its not a fact. Its just a hypothesis that may or may not have any basis. I'm providing you with anecdotal evidence (Which I often reject mind you but it seems to be up to the standard for evidence here.) which contradicts your fact, this its not a fact.

Facts are not subjective, simply put the fact here is that the word "Knob" is often used as a slang for male genitals. And no matter if some people see it as otherwise the fact remains. Thus is the nature of facts.

I could claim that I could fly and that a fact, but if I have no evidence and there's evidence showing I can't (aka: gravity) then it isn't a fact.

15. i feel for you doge, i get the feeling that some staff think that because they moderate a minecraft server that they're better than others. probably some kind of want or need to feel important that they don't get from real life, but then again i'm no psychologist. none of the admins give this feel though, the admins are cool people :)

16. @TheDunmerRaven Being from Ireland myself, I've grown up knowing exactly how the word is used, and seeing is used as thus. In fact come to think of it, it's used more than DoorKnob or so on.

And you do need to prove a fact, otherwise its not a fact. Its just a hypothesis that may or may not have any basis. I'm providing you with anecdotal evidence (Which I often reject mind you but it seems to be up to the standard for evidence here.) which contradicts your fact, this its not a fact.

Facts are not subjective, simply put the fact here is that the word "Knob" is often used as a slang for male genitals. And no matter if some people see it as otherwise the fact remains. Thus is the nature of facts.

I could claim that I could fly and that a fact, but if I have no evidence and there's evidence showing I can't (aka: gravity) then it isn't a fact.

I already told you when it comes to facts. Whoever thought of using knob as a slang for a dick - then you guys got to be the most ridiculous human beings ever even though I love Irish people for many reasons.

17. So what?
    You don't trust dictionaries and therefore can make up your own meanings for words?
    Quite frankly what your aunt taught you is pretty much irrelevant in the wider context, since the standard usage of the word Knob head is too insult someone and you even knew that since as baron said you were hardly calling someone a door Knob where you?

Do you have any evidence of this supposed arrogance?
    Examples?
    Like your whole post it's just been empty rhetoric and 5 year old logic, 'this is true because I say so'.

18. @iDogeTwinkie I already told you when it comes to facts. Whoever thought of using knob as a slang for a dick - then you guys got to be the most ridiculous human beings ever even though I love Irish people for many reasons.

my friends and i have been through this before with "bk randy" which means "bad kid random" but they want to think that randy (which can also be someone's name) means "sexually aroused." maybe we should just ban the use of richard's name because "dick" is short for "richard" and dick is a sexual term

19. Edited 7 years ago by iDogeTwinkie

@R4iscool1 So what?
    You don't trust dictionaries and therefore can make up your own meanings for words?
    Quite frankly what your aunt taught you is pretty much irrelevant in the wider context, since the standard usage of the word Knob head is too insult someone and you even knew that since as baron said you were hardly calling someone a door Knob where you?

Do you have any evidence of this supposed arrogance?
    Examples?
    Like your whole post it's just been empty rhetoric and 5 year old logic, 'this is true because I say so'.

I love the way you said "So what?". It just makes me to think how rude you can be.
    It's actually relevant because she never used shit excuses and she educated herself properly.

I knew about the meaning after Baron said it.

You should educate yourself on what word arrogance means, then you'll know.
    Until then we ain't talking to each other or actually ever. I'm getting enough of that bullshit.

20. @iDogeTwinkie You should educate yourself on what word arrogance means, then you'll know.
    Until then we ain't talking to each other or actually ever. I'm getting enough of that bullshit.

This is a pretty silly argument, I can't stop you ignoring facts thats your right but we don't have to tolerate your insistence that you are correct despite either facts either.
    So unless you have an actual valid complaint with evidence this thread is being locked.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!