The Redstone thread!

1. 7 years ago

Seeing as I haven't seen any threads relating to it, lets make one about redstone! Why, cause it's interesting and why not.
    Post your creations below and feel free to go into detail if you wish!
    I'll get the ball rolling...

I got bored one night, so I made a short countdown timer.
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-

So the way it works is the player presses a button to send a signal all the way to a piston. This piston pushes a piece of wool over a redstone torch and a sticky piston, starting the entire mechanism. The wool becomes powered by the torch and sends 2 signals, one to the rest of the mechanism, and the other to a loop used to reactivate the wool to send multiple signals over and over, in order to keep the timer ticking.

-image-
    So what about the other signal? Well it gets sent to this lovely bit. The signal splits to 4 sets of pistons, all of which are set to push at different times. They push what I like to call, the "Code Wheel™". Inside the wheel is a redstone signal powered by a torch. On the other side is a set of branching redstone paths that lead to sets of pistons that are the clock face. The "Code Wheel™" is used to complete the circuit between the power source and the clock face, sending different signals to different pistons to display digital numbers.
    The white wool in the wheel completes the circuit, and the glass acts as a placeholder since it can be pushed by pistons but can't be powered by redstone. I'd record a video of it working, but I don't really have recording equipment, except for my phone...
    But thats about the extent of my redstone knowlegde. What about you?

2. Awesome! I'll have to post some junk... Is this just for redstone? If it is, I'll make a command block thread.

3. I guess you could upload command block shit, since you use them in relation with redstone.

4. @NutjobBob This thread is ours

5. I have shown this already but what the heck!

-image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-

And if we are doing command blocks:

-image-

6. @CraftyMyner I have shown this already but what the heck!

-image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-

-image-

#HumbleBrag xD

7. Imagine making that one sixteenth of its size using the little blocks mod!
    Personal computer in Minecraft!

8. useless computer xD

9. @CraftyMyner

-image-

I think we can exclude the server from this thread ya show off >.<

10. My testing world is full of random (and usually not functional) redstone stuff i might share sometime

11. Edited 7 years ago by GrinningBobcat

-image-

is this what's inside the command block at spawn? wait nvm demensions are too big. where the heck is this? I mean I won't bother to go to it and if I did I'm assuming this has like 20 layers of bedrock on the outside

12. @GrinningBobcat is this what's inside the command block at spawn? wait nvm demensions are too big. where the heck is this? I mean I won't bother to go to it and if I did I'm assuming this has like 20 layers of bedrock on the outside

It's some of the server's core command blocks in spawn. There's only one layer of bedrock.

13. Along with even more protections, not even the Admins can go in there :D.

14. @Nysic Along with even more protections, not even the Admins can go in there :D.

Well if you guys have the ability to edit blocks in the world using commands, then you can probably get in there somehow

15. @Nysic Along with even more protections, not even the Admins can go in there :D.

Holy shit so that's basically The Server's heart aye?
    keep her health and running Crafty

16. For lack of anywhere better to share this I'm going to put it here. I built something absolutely pointless on the server today. Enjoy!

17. @NutjobBob For lack of anywhere better to share this I'm going to put it here. I built something absolutely pointless on the server today. Enjoy!

Cool

18. 6 years ago

@BoneChi11er Seeing as I haven't seen any threads relating to it, lets make one about redstone! Why, cause it's interesting and why not.
    Post your creations below and feel free to go into detail if you wish!
    I'll get the ball rolling...

I got bored one night, so I made a short countdown timer.
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-

So the way it works is the player presses a button to send a signal all the way to a piston. This piston pushes a piece of wool over a redstone torch and a sticky piston, starting the entire mechanism. The wool becomes powered by the torch and sends 2 signals, one to the rest of the mechanism, and the other to a loop used to reactivate the wool to send multiple signals over and over, in order to keep the timer ticking.

-image-
    So what about the other signal? Well it gets sent to this lovely bit. The signal splits to 4 sets of pistons, all of which are set to push at different times. They push what I like to call, the "Code Wheel™". Inside the wheel is a redstone signal powered by a torch. On the other side is a set of branching redstone paths that lead to sets of pistons that are the clock face. The "Code Wheel™" is used to complete the circuit between the power source and the clock face, sending different signals to different pistons to display digital numbers.
    The white wool in the wheel completes the circuit, and the glass acts as a placeholder since it can be pushed by pistons but can't be powered by redstone. I'd record a video of it working, but I don't really have recording equipment, except for my phone...
    But thats about the extent of my redstone knowlegde. What about you?

Although this is a good design but have you considered making this using adders?

19. @BoneChi11er I think we can exclude the server from this thread ya show off >.<

I was going to say that looked a lot like the old 1.8 server room

20. And the necropost award goes to...

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!