What makes you more happy?

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

Endorphin ftw

3. Edited 7 years ago by GrinningBobcat

@HaloNest Endorphin ftw

-image-

All your emotions are as synthetic as the chemicals you think of when you think drugs. Literally ANY drug you can think of.

4. Well there are two types of hapliness though, there is short term and long term. Short term is for something that provides instant gratification without needing to work for it, while the long term takes time but in the end it usually provides greater happiness than the short term

5. @GrinningBobcat all cause addiction

they don't necessarily cause addiction, cause else you'd be addicted to everything that ever made you even a little bit happy

6. how did this turn from what makes you happy to the biology of happiness and addiction?

7. through the power of science!!!

8. Making other people happy and supporting them makes me happy

9. @Angel_Dust_ Making other people happy and supporting them makes me happy

I can't agree more with what you said.

10. @builder7555 they don't necessarily cause addiction, cause else you'd be addicted to everything that ever made you even a little bit happy

Well it causes a pattern in your system. Sure its not addiction but it makes you prefer it. If it induces a happy chem overload it'll make you prefer it even more. So it does but not to the severity you think

11. Many mental disorders are disorders of the chemical activity in your head. Imagine a human as a pattern that keeps repeating. Then something big happens that damages said pattern. The pattern will repair itself but it is no longer exactly as it was before. Sometimes the impact of a event is so big it can change the look of the pattern completely

12. What makes me happy is knowing that even though the universe has no "point" and no "goal," once you die, the only possible experience "you" can witness is a new consciousness. Think about it.

13. @Derndeff What makes me happy is knowing that even though the universe has no "point" and no "goal," once you die, the only possible experience "you" can witness is a new consciousness. Think about it.

The non existent kind? Freaky to think about but our minds would not exist to know it exists. All there would be is void.

14. Right. You would never experience anything until, if ever, "you" witness consciousness. So the only possible thing that can happen to "you" after dying is being "reborn" into a clean slate. Perhaps even far into the past or future.

Not that you would ever realize this, of course.

15. @Derndeff Right. You would never experience anything until, if ever, "you" witness consciousness. So the only possible thing that can happen to "you" after dying is being "reborn" into a clean slate. Perhaps even far into the past or future.

Not that you would ever realize this, of course.

Reincarnation???

16. Theoretically, yes. It's literally the only option for what "you" will experience after death.

And btw, "you" is just referring to some consciousness that is experienced and thus controlled. Because that's all "you" are.

17. @Derndeff Theoretically, yes. It's literally the only option for what "you" will experience after death.

And btw, "you" is just referring to some consciousness that is experienced and thus controlled. Because that's all "you" are.

I get that, but also consider things we don't know that are after death. The after life must stem from SOMEWHERE no? I wonder who first came up with the after life.

18. Well, I can think of some very powerful political manipulation that used afterlife as an incentive and threat, but it probably first started with humans being optimistic when trying to explain what happens after death.

19. Gosh. All these good answers and I'm over here like: video games make me happy...

20. @BenjoBanjo7 Gosh. All these good answers and I'm over here like: video games make me happy...

I like games

21. Video games make me happy, too.

or Sign Up to reply!