1. 8 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by CraftyMyner

You guys asked for it, I made it happen.

I spent the last few days improving upon all my previous tp systems, this version is many times better then anything I have made before. The ease of use, speed, and reliability is very good.

To use it,

Click the link to list ID's on the 3rd page of the book:

-image-

Then, click the link to pre-type out trigger for you:

-image-

Finally, type the ID of the player you want to TP to in the chat box:

-image-

If the other player accepts, you will be teleport in seconds!

If you have any questions, just ask me and get back to you as soon as possible!

NOTE:

./triggers also exist for the TPA, but be careful what you type.

To list players type "/trigger TPA set -1"
    To tp to a player type "/trigger TPA set <Their ID>"
    To accept a tpa type "/trigger TPA set -2"
    To decline a tpa type "/trigger TPA set -3"

2. tsu

10 Mar 2016 Suspended

Good stuff!

3. Is there any chance that the id could belong to a different player if there is a delay between looking up the ids and using them?

4. They change on restart, so no. if a player leaves the game while their TPA is in progress, it resets them, but leaves their ID. Basicly you can't have more the one of the same ID at the same time because every time a new ID is given out, its incremented by one. Leaving the overworld will set your ID to -1 and then give you a new one on re-entry. Also, when the ID's reset, it removes the scoreboard objective completely, removing any chance that their might be someone stuck half way through a TPA. The old one I knew how to break and that's why I made it cost votes. This one, I can't think of a way to break, it recovers for errors and cleans up after itself uses only one objective for the trigger and does everything in one tick. The only way someone could tp to you is if they added their ID to your scoreboard value and then you said yes. That being said, there is one known bug being that it will tell you that you have sent a TPA to no one if you pick an ID that's not in the game.

5. Does this not work in the nether if you lose your id when leaving the overworld?

6. It won't work in the nether, until mojang supports cross dimension teleporting, it just won't work or even show the players ID in the list.

7. @CraftyMyner They change on restart, so no. if a player leaves the game while their TPA is in progress, it resets them, but leaves their ID. Basicly you can't have more the one of the same ID at the same time because every time a new ID is given out, its incremented by one. Leaving the overworld will set your ID to -1 and then give you a new one on re-entry. Also, when the ID's reset, it removes the scoreboard objective completely, removing any chance that their might be someone stuck half way through a TPA. The old one I knew how to break and that's why I made it cost votes. This one, I can't think of a way to break, it recovers for errors and cleans up after itself uses only one objective for the trigger and does everything in one tick. The only way someone could tp to you is if they added their ID to your scoreboard value and then you said yes. That being said, there is one known bug being that it will tell you that you have sent a TPA to no one if you pick an ID that's not in the game.

Wow. Thank you for the detailed reply. I really appreciate it.

8. Will teleporting in the nether to someone else in the nether work ?

9. No, it would take a bunch more command blocks and a bunch more time, maybe v4.0 can have that, but I just wanted to get something in the meantime. Finishing the tpa to a point where it's functional frees up my time to work on other things. I'm always updating different systems, sometimes when they break, sometimes when someone suggests it, and sometimes just because I think It needs it. Going to school, having a job and running a server makes balancing my time hard, I was basically putting everything else off until I had the TPA done, and now that it is, I have some catchup to do.

10. Damn that's awesome :D Doge approves :D

11. Thanks crafty, we all appreciate your hard work to keep the server going!

12. Deleted 8 years ago by JDAKandEEK
  13. It works well, thanks!

14. Edited 8 years ago by Cileklim

Its much better! Old one was a bit awkward for starters but you can accurately choose the player you want to teleport from the book with this one, thanks for the hard work ^^

15. Edited 8 years ago by CraftyMyner

OK, I got TPA working in different dimensions but until mojang allows cross-dimensional teleporting, you will have to make sure you are in the same dimension before making the request. At some point I will add error checking for dimensions and the like, but right now, it will just say "Teleporting..." and nothing will happen.

- Crafty

16. @CraftyMyner OK, I got TPA working in different dimensions but until mojang allows cross-dimensional teleporting, you will have to make sure you are in the same dimension before making the request. At some point I will add error checking for dimensions and the like, but right now, it will just say "Teleporting..." and nothing will happen.

- Crafty

Yay. This is so exciting. So many things to do now :D

17. Nice!

or Sign Up to reply!