Villager breeding

1. 7 years ago

Please explain how to breed villagers on the server and effective methods of doing so.

2. Trade them. That is the only way.

3. ]:( do i also need doors? and where?

4. Edited 7 years ago by Valgys

Village mechanics

Probably want to start here to get a baseline. We can probably offer more specific designs once you know what to do with the doors.

5. Create a village with one villager and 6 doors. Then put all your breeding villagers the correct distance/place below the village and you never have to worry about adding more doors. It's called an infinite villager breeder, and you can look up tutorials, or read about the mechanics at the link Valgys gave.

If mob greifing was turned on this villager breeder would actually be infinite. With mob greifing turned off, the only way to make villagers willing is through trading.

Since the server is on hard mode, you will always get a zombie villager when a zombie kills a villager. This allows you to keep recuring any villager you get to reroll their trades. So for instance if you have a cartographer you can cure them to produce a new random white coated villager including the possibility of a librarian with mending. However, villagers will always keep the same profession (color) but can switch careers (e.g. cartographer -> librarian) when being recured. This means that even with a single brown coated villager such as a fisherman, if you recure them enough times you can get a farmer, but a Nitwit will always be a Nitwit.

6. I knew about the re rolling part but thanks for the info on the doors. Why did they add nitwits? It's not like it is even that funny of a joke.

7. @gilbertboys I knew about the re rolling part but thanks for the info on the doors. Why did they add nitwits? It's not like it is even that funny of a joke.

Probably to nerf villagers. Cartographers make librarians half as likely when you are breeding, and nitwits give a chance that your baby villager will be almost completely useless.

8. I guess the only uses for a nitwit (assuming mob greifing off) is establishing a village and contributing to an iron farm.

9. @WBlaine I guess the only uses for a nitwit (assuming mob greifing off) is establishing a village and contributing to an iron farm.

Drop them in a pit with a zombie and place bets on which will be the last one standing, not that I'm promoting underage gambling or anything.

10. easier to just use a nametag on a zombie and use pistons to shove them into a room together and then to separate them.

11. @pand1024
    Since the server is on hard mode, you will always get a zombie villager when a zombie kills a villager. This allows you to keep recuring any villager you get to reroll their trades. So for instance if you have a cartographer you can cure them to produce a new random white coated villager including the possibility of a librarian with mending. However, villagers will always keep the same profession (color) but can switch careers (e.g. cartographer -> librarian) when being recured. This means that even with a single brown coated villager such as a fisherman, if you recure them enough times you can get a farmer, but a Nitwit will always be a Nitwit.

This is brilliant I've walked the overworld from spawn to edge of the world and beyond and didn't find many librarians. Too many cartographers and nitwits.

I assume this means If you have a cartographer you can put him in with a zombie to get attacked and become zombie again so you can cure once again and hope for a mending librarian. Isn't there a high likely hood the zombie will actually just kill the cartographer?

12. Edited 7 years ago by Retrochewy

@TimmyBoyT This is brilliant I've walked the overworld from spawn to edge of the world and beyond and didn't find many librarians. Too many cartographers and nitwits.

I assume this means If you have a cartographer you can put him in with a zombie to get attacked and become zombie again so you can cure once again and hope for a mending librarian. Isn't there a high likely hood the zombie will actually just kill the cartographer?

No, it just infects it after killing it, so basically the villager dies, but is reincarnated as a zombie villager, and I'm not an expert on villagers so I think there may be a very small chance, but once I put a zombie into a village in hard mode on a sp world and none of the villagers died from the raid by the zombie.

13. @TimmyBoyT Isn't there a high likely hood the zombie will actually just kill the cartographer?

@Retrochewy there may be a very small chance,

Like pand said:

@pand1024 you will always get a zombie villager when a zombie kills a villager.

It's guaranteed on hard mode that you'll get a zombie villager when a zombie kills a villager.

14. @NutjobBob Like pand said:

It's guaranteed on hard mode that you'll get a zombie villager when a zombie kills a villager.

Wow, that changes everything. Could also be a solution to a hopelessly locked villager.

or Sign Up to reply!