1. 7 years ago

When people get out of the new player room, how about teleporting them onto the random teleporter plate, its not like any new player is going to try to anything else besides get out into survival. I think it would also cut the amount of new players that dont think this is vanilla.

2. This would also result in a lot less people asking "how to get to the wilderness"

3. When I first joined the server, I wanted to explore spawn, get to know the place I was joining. And they would still ask instead of looking at the signs around them. And once they go to spawn again, they'd still be faced with the question of is this vanilla. Why should we hide spawn from them? It says vanilla when they look CM up. If they choose to deny that fact, that's their fault, and hiding them from spawn and the stuff Crafty has done for us that seem too amazing to be vanilla is not going to change that, because eventually they will learn about that stuff anyways.

4. Yeah doesn't make sense, they need to know whats in spawn and that we actually have one beforehand.
    There's loads of stuff to make it easier on themike cow spawners, enchant tables etc.
    Some players head straight to park our too or team up at spawn with other newbies.

To take them out of spawn directly kinda defeats the whole SMP purpose.

5. @R4iscool1 Yeah doesn't make sense, they need to know whats in spawn and that we actually have one beforehand.
    There's loads of stuff to make it easier on themike cow spawners, enchant tables etc.
    Some players head straight to park our too or team up at spawn with other newbies.

To take them out of spawn directly kinda defeats the whole SMP purpose.

I thought the cow spawners were removed

6. Edited 7 years ago by CraftyMyner

They spawn right in front of the stairs, allowing them to choose whether they take a random teleport, go to a different dimension or explore spawn. You would have to be trying really hard to walk out of spawn without finding a random teleporter.

7. Edited 7 years ago by Valgys

@gilbertboys This would also result in a lot less people asking "how to get to the wilderness"

On the flip side, if implemented, some players may start asking if there's a communal spawn to go to for stuff. I don't think there's any escaping the fact that newbies can really be newbies. But at least having them see Spawn is a full disclosure of its services and what CM offers.

I personally explored Spawn before deciding to stay. Had I not seen it, my first impression could've been totally different. And I know I'd be a little miffed when I'd find out later that there was a library, trading post, parkour, etc etc I had access to the whole time.

Spawn is one of the things that defines CM. It's good they have it as the first thing newbies see when coming in imo.

8. :[ the first thing I did on craftymynes, 2 years ago was try to escape spawn and got killed by miu twice.

9. You live and learn, yeah?

10. @gilbertboys :[ the first thing I did on craftymynes, 2 years ago was try to escape spawn and got killed by miu twice.

Guess you should of explored spawn then.

11. @Rybye I thought the cow spawners were removed

They were we only got pigs now

12. I did the same as @Dennari43 and @Valgys , as soon as I first joined the server, about 7 months ago, I walked around spawn and tried to figure out what was happening. Had I spawned in an rtp, I would've thought there wasn't a spawn, and I would have quit immediately. I probably would have thought that the owner of the server hacked somehow to get the server so many votes! It would have been like he made the server like 2 days ago. To me, not knowing that there is a lobby area makes me think the server is...

stupid

Anyways, this is my opinion on the topic, hope this helps!

13. @Cutebot I did the same as @Dennari43 and @Valgys , as soon as I first joined the server, about 7 months ago, I walked around spawn and tried to figure out what was happening. Had I spawned in an rtp, I would've thought there wasn't a spawn, and I would have quit immediately. I probably would have thought that the owner of the server hacked somehow to get the server so many votes! It would have been like he made the server like 2 days ago. To me, not knowing that there is a lobby area makes me think the server is...

stupid

Anyways, this is my opinion on the topic, hope this helps!

Aye, same, all you have to do is wander to find out what you need. I didn't get staff's help or attention until I spam killed @Silver_Ninja05 and Dawn popped up and scared us.

14. @GrinningBobcat XD

15. oh hey cutebot

16. @Cutebot @GrinningBobcat XD

It was like having a god amongst us, we crouched and all backed away and said yes to everything like if our lives depend on it. Now we know Dawn is the equivalent to a very grumpy spike.

or Sign Up to reply!