I found my first fossil!

1. 7 years ago
    Deleted 6 years ago by Compos
  2. ive found a few but didnt really care about them

3. Banana found one too! I helped her digging. Hehe, so much booones \^–^/ <3
    -image-

4. Edited 7 years ago by Shiba_Ina

And I don’t know but banana says it’s like a Craftosaur. Ender Dragons are small^^

5. Is this real or did you make it with blocks?
    ARe there fossils?

6. I was wondering why do we have a double chest of bone blocks, this might be the answer

7. @Carl_Sagan1 Is this real or did you make it with blocks?
    ARe there fossils?

its real only found underground in derserts but real

8. @thegoldsmith its real only found underground in derserts but real

that's so awesome. i was wondering because i dug so much and never seen anything like this. but i have never mined in the desert so it makes sense. i will look for it! should i mine the bone or leave it? and is this the main source of bone? (besides skeletons). thanks

9. @thegoldsmith its real only found underground in derserts but real

they're found in swamp and desert biomes

10. Edited 7 years ago by humfrydog

If possible get detailed photos please. I would like to recreate them in a musuem setting

11. @Pimpcy they're found in swamp and desert biomes

didnt know about the swamp thing thanks

12. Deleted 6 years ago by Compos
  13. Edited 7 years ago by thegoldsmith

@JKELLER4000
    -image-
    ty internet

14. Edited 7 years ago by bananaqueen1

@JKELLER4000
    To answer your questions: the Craftosaurus was carnivorous, its favourite food is known as "tyrannosaurus rex".
    They lived about 66 million years before the era of notch and jeb. An average adult was about 20 blocks long and 12 blocks high.
    Foot prints haven't been found yet, I believe they had no feet. They were probably far cousins of the snail.

15. Deleted 6 years ago by Compos
  16. Edited 7 years ago by bananaqueen1

@JKELLER4000 Do you have any evidence of this statement. i see the fossils buried only 20 meters below the surface of the world. I was thinking each meter of sand would take a million years to produce and each meter of sand stone 10 million and each meter of stone about 30 million. thus being 4 meters of sand three meters of sand stone and 13 meters of stone think the fossils are over 420 million years ago! using my estimates.

The deeper location of the fossil in the sand is due to the apolíthoma-cult, which worshiped the craftosaurus about 4000 years ago and used to burry the fossils they found as deep as their ancient shovels
    allowed them to.

@JKELLER4000 Do you have a better time table for the formation of layers ?

No, I don't.

@JKELLER4000 Does the iron content/arraignment of the surrounding layers give any hints as to if the Craftosaurus needed a high iron diet. or were the tyrannosaurus rex nutritious enough?

Tyrannosaurus rex were nutritious enough, but we can assume that the iron would help the craftosaurus to deal with diseases.

@JKELLER4000 do we know if the slime's come from the lineage of the Craftosaurus?

Slimes are not part of the same family as the craftosaurus. Slimes are simply Magmaslimes ,which glitched from the nether to the overworld and came into contact with water.
    The lineage craftosaurus never came in touch with any species from the nether.

17. Lol

18. Edited 7 years ago by Pimpcy

Since the bones are also found in swamps usually peat bogs and swamps preserve bodies yet these fossils remain skeletal
    so they're fucking old
    Also no other skeletal remains than the skull and spinal cord were discovered with each fossil along with no footprints
    Maybe they were ocean creatures the terror of the seas that are now deserts and small bodies of water
    A lot of swamps connect to the ocean
    -image-

19. Edited 7 years ago by thegoldsmith

Could be remains of ancient and powerful ancestors of The Wither it only has skulls, spine and ribs.
    -image-

20. It's Godzilla
    -image-

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!