Did something change during the update?

1. 6 years ago
    Deleted 6 years ago by Compos
  2. Nothing should have changed, the IP change but the function of the server and network did not. I can't see how changing the IP and machine could cause more usage. It could be routing issues because of the change or you might just be spending more time in spawn and the 64k area, they both contain a lot of data holding blocks that require quite a bit of bandwidth.

3. Deleted 6 years ago by Compos
  4. I know what it is. Should be fixed on next restart!

5. this seems to be fixed now and working 100 times better !

6. Deleted 6 years ago by Compos
  7. @JKELLER4000 I am pretty sure your a magician crafty!

I've been thinking that too for a while now :D

8. It was the network-compression-threshold setting in the server.properties file. It sets how big a packet needs to be before it compresses it. I turned it off when I was upgrading the server as it uses quite a bit of CPU. Turns out that most players can't handle the bandwidth required to send raw packets. I completely forgot I changed it and since I have pretty good internet, I never noticed a difference.

9. :D

10. @CraftyMyner Nothing should have changed, the IP change but the function of the server and network did not. I can't see how changing the IP and machine could cause more usage. It could be routing issues because of the change or you might just be spending more time in spawn and the 64k area, they both contain a lot of data holding blocks that require quite a bit of bandwidth.

What's the new IP?

11. @TheRoberino What's the new IP?

The server uses a domain name to translate "mc.craftymynes.com" to the current server's ip. Nothing should have changed on your end.

12. @CraftyMyner The server uses a domain name to translate "mc.craftymynes.com" to the current server's IP. Nothing should have changed on your end.

what about the issue of the server closing randomly? its not a big issue but something happened...

13. @TheForgotten20 what about the issue of the server closing randomly? its not a big issue but something happened...

It's just when there's a glitch between your internet and the server. Doesn't happen to me unless my internet goes down.

14. @CraftyMyner It's just when there's a glitch between your internet and the server. Doesn't happen to me unless my internet goes down.

but everyone gets kicked so it cant be just my internet? ofc there are times where i suddenly lag out (doesnt happen b4 update)

15. @TheForgotten20 but everyone gets kicked so it cant be just my internet? ofc there are times where i suddenly lag out (doesnt happen b4 update)

Might have to do with timeouts from the weird network compression, nothing else has changed and it's all back to the same settings.

16. @CraftyMyner Might have to do with timeouts from the weird network compression, nothing else has changed and it's all back to the same settings.

ok thanks

17. np!

or Sign Up to reply!