Unable to play

1. 6 years ago

I can't get on. Are we not on 1.12.2?

2. no we are not

3. Thanks Venetorem. What do I need to do to play?

4. 1.12.1

5. notice - the server has since updated to 1.12.2

6. for future reference why does the server always immediately update to latest version? For me I am unable to play until a optifine update is available for new update cause my computer sucks and without it my FPS drops to nearly unplayable levels.

7. @humfrydog optifine, as far as I know is only a tool that lets you change options like the ones in .minecraft more easily with a minecraft gui, if your gameplay is really unbearable, I would maybe tweak those options myself by changing some of the options in the options file, or look it up online maybe, altho I really dont know most of the options if not all, so there might be something that gives you an unfair advantage, I would recommend trying it on a single player world beforehand to ensure such a thing doesnt happen.

I'm sorry for not including any proof that it works or cofirming it, I cant confirm this and this is only my theory, hope it helps tho :)

8. Optifine does a lot more then just skin the options config. We update asap as most players have latest version set in their minecraft launcher and don't know how to play previous versions. Also, most updates include fixes to glitches and exploits.

9. Yea optifine's totally not only about skin and render options.

Ctm, Cit, Cem, Mcpatcher, Capes, cF, custom fonts and skies and loads more.

By the way today the newest version of optifine was released, (still for 1.12.1) now it's possible to have more guis for every containers, like chests shulkers etc.

10. ok ty crafty and alarm. not sure what you mean alarm i just use optifine to reduce animations to allow better FPS. I not sure how to modify minecraft directly and don't really want to try. All I know for sure is optifine is allowed and i use to improve play ability at the loss of fancy trees and animations. i will patiently await optifine's release so I can play again.

11. @HaloNest Yea optifine's totally not only about skin and render options.

Ctm, Cit, Cem, Mcpatcher, Capes, cF, custom fonts and skies and loads more.

By the way today the newest version of optifine was released, (still for 1.12.1) now it's possible to have more guis for every containers, like chests shulkers etc.

i have no idea what half of that is ctm?, cit? cem? mcpatcher?cf ? and seriously what is guis? i just use it to help with fps what do those letters mean and do? And yes i am that clueless to computer acronyms

12. Ok, thank you guys and I apologize for providing ths fals information, as I said, I had not nuch of an idea about what im talking about. Thx for correcting :)

13. ok on a side note what glitches and changes did this update actually do? As in what might an average player like myself find different? or improved?

14. Yes new optifine is out!!! I get to play again
    link text

15. Edited 6 years ago by NutjobBob

It's mainly bug fixes, most of which are fairly minor. Only really useful one is that you won't get stuck in farmland any more if you jump on it and it turns into dirt.
    Oh and the game is now called Minecraft: Java Edition, yay...?

16. @humfrydog i have no idea what half of that is ctm?, cit? cem? mcpatcher?cf ? and seriously what is guis? i just use it to help with fps what do those letters mean and do? And yes i am that clueless to computer acronyms

graphic mods and extra stuff integrated in the game.

plus the newest version of optifine allows to change gui colors depending on many factors

17. ok what is gui? i am really that clueless, lol

18. your hotbar and options menu i think

19. Graphical User Interface

20. @humfrydog ok what is gui? i am really that clueless, lol

Graphic User Interface, or anything that allows you to navigate, use the game or any other program with some sort of visual process, like the buttons you click when you go through the options.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!