1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago

@NerdieBirdieYT I don't know how all this works, but I do know there's a system-only chat option that mutes players but allows server messages through. In my experience it doesn't work well, if at all, but perhaps I'm just doing something wrong.

Players can still message you

3. @Valgys A possible compromise: have the item clear only specific things like common minable blocks, and leave the other stuff alone.

Agreed.

4. Edited 6 years ago by BaronBattleBread

i say have a trial run of removing the removal of items altogether and test server performance to see if it really has an impact.

5. Edited 6 years ago by GrandpaCarl00

A possible compromise: have the item clear only specific things like common minable blocks, and leave the other stuff alone.

Sounds good to me

6. What about having it clearing only packed mobs?
    So it actually reduces the lag without killing any items?

7. Edited 6 years ago by jxo_

@Valgys A possible compromise: have the item clear only specific things like common minable blocks, and leave the other stuff alone.

The selector for item clearing is /kill @e[type=item], I don't believe you can actually select just certain items, I will have to test around.

--
    Response to the Suggestion:

My add to this is that dropped items pile up quickly. Lots of entities slow up the TPS and can eventually make the server unplayable.

The solution you are looking for in the long run is adding a /title as well as a chat message. Titles come up even with chat disabled and you really can't miss them. If you don't know what a title is, it is the image shown below.
    -image-

Good Day,
    ~Jams__
    (Ignore the sidebar in the image. I forgot to remove it when I took it, in fact, ignore everything but the title. I just did it where I was.)

8. Edited 6 years ago by HaloNest

I think in 1.13 it will be something like /kill @e[type=Item] {id:"dirt"}.
    (let's suppose I only want to remove dirt, then I shall use the following commands)
    in 1.12 I'll have to /scoreboard players tag @e[type=item] add dirt {Item:{id:"minecraft:dirt",damage:0s}} /kill @e[type=item,tag=dirty]
    (the 1.12 solution is 2 commands)

my conclusion is to wait until 1.13 to come out in order to have our hands on the new commands, till that moment, it's up to you crafty.
    no need for all that fancy title stuff, just keep it simple.

p.s. why do you sign yourself at the end of your post when your name's right above it?

9. @HaloNest I think in 1.13 it will be something like /kill @e[type=Item] {id:"dirt"}.
    (let's suppose I only want to remove dirt, then I shall use the following commands)
    in 1.12 I'll have to /scoreboard players tag @e[type=item] add dirt {Item:{id:"minecraft:dirt",damage:0s}} /kill @e[type=item,tag=dirty]
    (the 1.12 solution is 2 commands)

my conclusion is to wait until 1.13 to come out in order to have our hands on the new commands, till that moment, it's up to you crafty.
    no need for all that fancy title stuff, just keep it simple.

p.s. why do you sign yourself at the end of your post when your name's right above it?

1.13 may add that, they are always adding to it and it seems the commands are just getting smarter and smarter.

I believe a title would simply fix the problem everyone is suggesting until we can confirm that adding or not.

and, I sign myself at the end of a post as I find it polite and well its just a habit now. I sign everything at the bottom, Emails, Documents, Forum Posts, Comments.

10. Edited 6 years ago by HaloNest

@Jams__ 1.13 may add that, they are always adding to it and it seems the commands are just getting smarter and smarter.

I believe a title would simply fix the problem everyone is suggesting until we can confirm that adding or not.

and, I sign myself at the end of a post as I find it polite and well its just a habit now. I sign everything at the bottom, Emails, Documents, Forum Posts, Comments.

ikr about commands?

I doubt you sign yourself as jams in your irl documents tho.
    but never mind it was just to clear up :)

11. Edited 6 years ago by jxo_

@HaloNest I doubt you sign yourself as jams in your irl documents tho.

I sign myself
    Jamie *******
    {Todays Date}

in real life :P

12. back to the command block thing, I've talked to a developer and he told me the 1.13 command block feature we are talking about is most likely to be implemented.

13. @HaloNest back to the command block thing, I've talked to a developer and he told me the 1.13 command block feature we are talking about is most likely to be implemented.

Plugin Developer? or someone who works with Minecraft commands on an almost daily basis?

14. it's a minecraft developer, we have a common discord server where we usually suggest stuff to him and things like that

15. Ah.

16. I feel like a title every hour would be quite intrusive and frankly would piss me off as a player. I have another idea in the works coming soon.

17. @CraftyMyner I feel like a title every hour would be quite intrusive and frankly would piss me off as a player. I have another idea in the works coming soon.

Yeah, I see that point.
    Action Bar?
    and Any hints on the idea?

18. I'd be thrilled if Shulker Chests were immune from item clear. Even though I'm aware of what time the clear is supposed to happen my heart skips a beat every time I pop one. And occasionally I'm tired and forget to check the time.

or Sign Up to reply!