A few days ago, this thread got me wondering how few items one could defeat the enderdragon with. @OtherGreenGamer had some amazing accomplishments using little to no armor and slight use of weapons (although having tools such as ladders and pickaxes to help). I decided to go a step further, limiting myself to no items at all. No armor, weapon, tools, or even food.
The rules for this challenge are as follows.
- Must be in Hard Mode.
- Must not have ANYTHING in your inventory at the start.
- May plant chorus fruits around the island. This allows you to eat and not starve.
- Must NOT use chorus fruit for anything besides eating (no using the plants to help kill enderman, climbing up plants, etc).
- May die, although the fewer deaths, the better.
- Must record a video while doing the challenge (no splices) to ensure that rules are being followed.
- Must use playing 1.12.2 vanilla.
- Must use a random seed.
Anything you are able to pick up on the island (enderpearls, chorus fruit, iron bars broken by explosions, etc) is fair game. My record is 3 hours and 20 minutes, roughly, with 19 deaths.
Best of luck!