Defensive Mod, server lag.

1. 8 years ago

I played for an hour or two. I liked the server, but I wanted a solution to the block lag problem. I suggested that everyone could donate a little each month so the owner could afford more server space. One guy (or boy, by the way he acted) was apparently offended that I thought the server could be better. He told me that they had the best server available, and told me to name another vanilla server that was faster, so I found one that had similar game-play features and no lag. He then banned me for "advertising." So, if the owner sees this, I suggest you teach your mod how to respond to constructive criticism without getting his panties in a bunch. I guess this is what I get for playing a game with a community consisting of people half my age. No joke, the mod acted like a middle schooler. I don't have much interest in returning, but I thought the owner should know about the laughable behavior of his mod.

As someone who has previously shopped for and rented servers, I know that you can have a large minecraft server with vanilla game-play that doesn't lag. When someone suggests a way to improve the experience on your server, maybe your mod can politely decline or defer to the owner, instead of becoming defensive and aggressive.

2. Edited 8 years ago by BaronBattleBread

You're an idiot, in before the owner-

First, as per your kick warning, advertising of any kind is not allowed.

Second, this community is made of a vast age range, mainly young to old adults. few children stick around for long.

Thirdly, You cannot, i repeat, CAN NOT have a vanilla minecraft server that carries as many people as ours and expect no lag. Minecraft is not built to be multithreaded, which is what you need to handle large ammounts of players and is what bukkit and spiggot do- they create multithreading.

A vanilla server of any kind can handle about 5 people perfectly, at 10 the lag starts slowing spawn rates, at 15 the block lag begins taking time from breaking to drop... Thats about the end of your Vanilla experiance.

Once you hit our numbers of 40, 50, even up to 88 players, that single thread thats being used on the best CPU available is gonna be a bit slow.

and no, his behavior isnt laughable. Its no less that what the owner himself would of done, except the owner would of went into a long and statistic filled rant about how well the server performs before your dumbass remarks would of caused him to ban you as well.

There is no "affording more server space" or "increasing the ram" or "get a better internet connection"
    Server Specs:
    i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
    32gb 1866mhz RAM
    Samsung 850 evo SSD
    1.0gbps Up/Down

So you can bite our tasty vanilla booty before you come into OUR world, that our loving owner has been researching, building and upgrading for YEARS and try and tell us how to improve it, because at this point- you cant.

3. ^Best reply

4. Edited 8 years ago by r4iscool1

I think baron has pretty much done my job for me and shown you to be an wrong.
    Perhaps in future you should teach yourself not to comment on things when you dont have a clue what you are talking about.

PS you were kicked not banned.

5. I thought I'd put the log up because it did seem like he got baited into advertising.

[01:03:32] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <cfbfan> then why do other servers have less lag?
    [01:03:43] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Endelikt> they dont
    [01:03:51] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9r4iscool1§r> Because they run spigot cfbfan
    [01:04:19] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <cfbfan> lol there are vanilla servers that run smoothly
    [01:04:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9r4iscool1§r> Such as ?
    [01:04:37] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <cfbfan> Are you the owner?
    [01:04:39] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <fishpain> your telling him to advertise :P
    [01:04:55] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9r4iscool1§r> It was rhetorical
    [01:04:57] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9r4iscool1§r> Actually
    [01:05:14] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] cfbfan left the game
    [01:06:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] cfbfan joined the game
    [01:06:30] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <cfbfan> what about this play.blockkings.net
    [01:06:41] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9r4iscool1§r> That isn't vanilla
    [01:06:43] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9r4iscool1§r> But bye

I don't think he was intentionally advertising, just responding to a question.

6. It was mentioned that the question was rhetorical and it was only a kick for it. The server he mentioned was vanilla but it sees at max 15-20 players, maybe 25 on a weekend. Those kind of numbers are the minimum number of players we see on CraftyMynes.

7. If he wanted to post a server he thinks has less lag then he should send a pm not in mainchat btw.

8. No vanilla servers run smoothly. ALL vanilla servers lag cuz Mojang sucks, lol.

9. Lmaoo, you tell em @BaronBattleBread xD

10. I don't understand why Mojang doesn't incorporate performance improvements from bukkit and spigot. They recently tried improving the mob pathfining performance but it's frustrating how far far behind they are.

or Sign Up to reply!