1. 8 years ago

Endelikt

11 Apr 2016 Suspended

Just wondering the owners thoughts on if breaking bedrock using redstone and tnt is against the rules?

2. I believe it's allowed, but I'll be interested to hear what response you get on this.

3. Good luck on it.

4. Bedrock breaking glitch is not allowed.

5. ^ as I have said. Not sure why you need confirmation on common sense

6. Endelikt

11 Apr 2016 Suspended

I just wanted to make sure since plenty of things on the server that are legal can be considered glitch abusing, and I had an idea for building something on the nether roof. But thanks for clearing that up.

7. Edited 8 years ago by BoneChi11er

When I saw this post, I immediately thought of this video...

8. This isn't common sense at all. I thought this was allowed. Like I really and truly believed it was. Which unintended redstone behavior should I ask about next? How about the new piston glitch that's moves players and mobs through pistons? Is that also not allowed? There's a long list of unintended game mechanics that have been in the game for a long time and are now just part of the way it works? Anyone can break bedrock with easily obtained supplies and the right knowledge of how redstone works. Understanding red stone well enough to achieve this is one of the most satisfying things to accomplish in Minecraft. Breaking bedrock using the method described doesn't give an unfair advantage.

9. I believe any glitch or unintentional feature in minecraft is not allowed as it falls under the no cheating rule. As you would be playing the game how it wasn't suppose to be played

10. Endelikt

11 Apr 2016 Suspended

You do realize that getting on the nether roof is a glitch and Mojang tried to fix it with enderpearl cooldowns. Also bud switches are a glitch and Mojang was going to fix that too until the whole community went nuts. That's a weak argument. I just want to know if this specific glitch is not allowed according to what the owner of the server wants in his server.

11. I think this thread is getting out of hand here now

12. The nether roof is a real and purposeful accident that mojang decided to leave- if you can get there, you can get there- there are 2 viable glitches left for "glitching" thorugh the nether roof but cheating the unbreakable object into deleting its self is not one of them.

they constantly patch ways of "breaking" bedrock because your not supposed to break it.

So, dont break it.

13. Oops, had no idea this was an issue and I may have already slightly done it.
    Admins etc. msg me in game if you want me to show you where so you can repair it.

14. ngl i thought this was a joke thread for breaking bad

15. We don't get to play the game the way it's supposed to be. We only get to play the game in the bug filled state that it actually is, and we only get to do that if you (staff) let us.

Here's a link to the bug https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-29349

There appears to be little interest in fixing this glitch either from the community or from Mojang. I guess you can tell us all that the fun is over and we can't break bedrock, but why? Why do that? You don't have a bedrock breaking problem. You really don't. No one is upset about bedrock breaking. In fact things were better before you decided this was against the rules. You aren't improving anything by making this against the rules. You really aren't.

16. Endelikt

12 Apr 2016 Suspended

@BaronBattleBread they constantly patch ways of "breaking" bedrock because your not supposed to break it.
    So, dont break it.

Good point Panda. Since the glitch has been around for almost 3 years I think it's a stretch to say they are constantly patching ways of breaking bedrock

17. You can just use a ladder and an epearl to get to the roof. No need to break the bedrock.

18. @Cellexya You can just use a ladder and an epearl to get to the roof. No need to break the bedrock.

Wait so are we now making the argument that there's no useful purpose for breaking bedrock?

19. @pand1024 There isn't really one that would be worth complaining on the forums about. It's not gamebreaking to not have it.

20. Endelikt

12 Apr 2016 Suspended

This is probably a touchy subject but I'd also like to add that other vanilla servers allow this glitch and I actually learned this glitch from an admin posting a how to do video on a forum, and this server that will go un-named was a server Crafty himself helped build. That's why I wanted Crafty's opinion incase he's cool with it.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!