1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by pand1024

I mean if bedrock breaking isn't all that useful even more reason why player freedom shouldn't be limited. Again no one is getting an unfair advantage by allowing bedrock breaking.

3. People can use it to break large holes into the void and possibly use it to trap players.

4. Edited 8 years ago by pand1024

@Cellexya People can use it to break large holes into the void and possibly use it to trap players.

Sounds like a great creative idea! To bad we can't do that anymore.

5. Endelikt

12 Apr 2016 Suspended

People can trap players already, in countless other ways. Trapping someone by sending them down a hole to the void is just dumb.

Advantages of trapping players by sending them into the void: 0
    Disadvantages: They have time to tp away
    There is no way to collect items

6. TBH, I'm not cool with it, there's glitches that don't harm anyone and can be used for creative things like bud detectors and the like. However, there's others that Mojang has clearly been trying to stop, most notably enderpearl glitching and breaking/glitching through bedrock. These types of glitches don't just effect the one player using them, they also affect players that may get trapped, the VIP's who pay to use the warps to the roof. Also, staff can't bring stacks of bedrock to go around repairing the holes you make. Bedrock is a block that it's sole purpose is to not be broken and stop players from going places they shouldn't go, to take this away threatens how we protect the server and how minecraft is meant to be played. As a vanilla server, we have no way to stop blocks from being placed and destroyed at code level, this causes us to make rules, and if they can't be followed, we may even need to clear blocks or take more drastic measures to prevent players from bypassing our rules and protections.

- Crafty

7. Edited 8 years ago by pand1024

@CraftyMyner I'm not cool with it, there's glitches that don't harm anyone and can be used for creative things like bud detectors and the like.

I think that's exactly what this is. Even if players can't break bedrock you still have all the issues you list Crafty.

8. You forget to quote the rest of my post...

@CraftyMyner However, there's others that Mojang has clearly been trying to stop, most notably enderpearl glitching and breaking/glitching through bedrock.

9. What exactly is it that you absolutely need Bedrock to be broken @pand1024? considering you (a vip) has warps it can't be with the nether, and not only that but there are simpler methods to reach the nether roof for non vips anyways.

10. Endelikt

12 Apr 2016 Suspended

The absolute only use for this glitch is to make a nice neat hole in the nether roof for easy access. It's not necessary, it's not glitch abusing, it's just cool. The only way I can see this affecting vip users of the roof (myself included) is if someone sees someones entrance and says "hey, this is the location of someones base, awesome, because that is 100% the only reason why I am up here, looking for this exact thing, someones base". But whatever man, if it's such a terrible thing to the server I won't do it. I'll find another way to get my horses on the roof, using the fireball dispenser minecart glitch, or another of 20 glitches.

11. If you were so concerned that what you were doing was wrong that you had to ask if it was okay, then it probably wasn't okay.

you are all veteran CraftyMynes players, you should know that we have reasons for not allowing certain things by now.

12. @pand1024 Anyone can break bedrock with easily obtained supplies and the right knowledge of how redstone works.

Here's what I see:
    Pros:

• Satisfaction that the unbreakable block can be broken
    • Void traps
    • Easy roof travel

Cons:

• Breaking into restricted areas such as 64k 64k, which will only send you back to spawn if you have a low rank
    • Breaking into admin bases surrounded by bedrock which would give access to unobtainable items
    • Can't be detected by command blocks

The absolute only use for this glitch is to make a nice neat hole in the nether roof for easy access.

As vip, you have a roof tp. Use it.

The way I see it, it's either we allow it and take away the roof teleport, or you don't break it and keep the warp

13. @GibsonAxe What exactly is it that you absolutely need Bedrock to be broken @pand1024? considering you (a vip) has warps it can't be with the nether, and not only that but there are simpler methods to reach the nether roof for non vips anyways.

Well I'm not sure how to get villagers and other mobs up on to the roof without bedrock breaking. It also makes nether bases like the one that CHRISTIANALPHA was making much easier to coordinate and build.

@BaronBattleBread If you were so concerned that what you were doing was wrong that you had to ask if it was okay, then it probably wasn't okay.

you are all veteran CraftyMynes players, you should know that we have reasons for not allowing certain things by now.

I didn't ask. I just knew that it was allowed because up until staff said it wasn't allowed, it was allowed.

14. Endelikt

12 Apr 2016 Suspended

Oh I see why the admins are worries now Xdddddddd

15. @pand1024 I didn't ask. I just knew that it was allowed because up until staff said it wasn't allowed, it was allowed.

You didn't ask, so you knew it was allowed..
    And since this is clearly your server, you get get to decide what's allowed and what's not allowed?

16. @Blackened_Dawn Breaking into restricted areas such as 64k 64k, which will only send you back to spawn if you have a low rank
    Breaking into admin bases surrounded by bedrock which would give access to unobtainable items

The players breaking into restricted areas and stealing admin-only items also won't respect your rule about bedrock breaking. Convienetly they probably also won't know how to break bedrock though either way.

17. @pand1024 The players breaking into restricted areas and stealing admin-only items also won't respect your rule about bedrock breaking. Convienetly they probably also won't know how to break bedrock though either way.

So what's your point here?
    I don't understand why your panties are in a twist about a minor thing that didn't even involve you in the first place

18. Tbh, I'm not sure why were still debating this. Not only has every staff member that has replied to this thread said it is not allowed, but the owner himself said it is not allowed. I don't see how continuing to bicker over this will result in anything positive.

19. @Blackened_Dawn So what's your point here?
    I don't understand why your panties are in a twist about a minor thing that didn't even involve you in the first place

I have a vested interest in bedrock breaking, as it will effect the kind of things I can build on the server. Specifically making an awsome nether base.

20. Edited 8 years ago by Blackened_Dawn

@pand1024 I have a vested interest in bedrock breaking, as it will effect the kind of things I can build on the server. Specifically making an awsome nether base.

That's a shame, now, isn't it? to quote you here

@pand1024 Sounds like a great creative idea! To bad we can't do that anymore.

21. @pand1024
    I didn't ask. I just knew that it was allowed because up until staff said it wasn't allowed, it was allowed.

It wasnt allowed, it just wasnt verbally forbidden. We didnt think it had to be. "Hey, dont break the unbreakable thing" isnt something you often think about having to actually tell people.
    If they did it, they did it, and noone was the wiser- once you ask if your supposed to, we have to tell you no, because you're not supposed to.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!