Congratulations, (redacted)

1. 8 years ago

Well...so long Craftymynes. It's honestly been fun while it lasted.

To be clear, I fully get that griefing is allowed. I knew it coming in. That's part of the game. I guess I just don't relate to the mentality it takes to completely destroy something somebody's been building for several months, for no reason outside of spite. Not whining about it, just initially kind of taken aback by the dickishness some believe is so necessary in MC. It won't keep me up at night, it's just annoying and disappointing.

I kept to myself here, for the most part. Built underground, hassled no one. Came across numerous houses in my travels, yet never touched a brick. I get that if I'd been at war with someone, their getting me would be a classic strike back. But all I was doing was building and accumulating. It was something to do in the evenings, and it was fun. I didn't build a "base". It was just an underground structure I though could look really cool if I put enough work into it.

But, there's no point, in my mind, of trying to rebuild, or trying to figure out how to stay hidden. Seems like a complete waste of time. I'd keep going, but the sight of everything I've built, torn up, pretty much just took the wind out of my sails. And the dorky sign they left made me realize I'm playing in a game where there are kids with some real-life personal issues they may need to work out. I just don't have any patience for that shit. It's tired...and a little sad.

I still like the game, and I'm going to keep on playing. I know there are millions of servers out there, and a lot where this kind of stuff isn't allowed. My disappointment lies in the fact that I liked it here. This server is well run and maintained, and the core group of players all seem pretty cool. I voted for it every night, and even donated a few bucks. My plan was to donate on a regular basis...kind of go all-in. I've been playing MC for two years now, but I guess I hadn't seen all sides of it until today.

I guess I thought if I laid low and built underground, and didn't fuck with anyone, I could take my time and build something cool. My mistake. No sarcasm there...it was truly my mistake to join a server with griefing, and thinking I could fly under the radar. Lesson learned.

-image-

-image-

-image-

2. the images didnt load.

3. You're not the first to get griefed to all hell definitely won't be the last. Alot of good people who just like to build play here and have had their hard work blown up and raided. It comes with being on a server that allows that.

This is why the bigger building people tend to build together far away and in secret. Bringing over people who can be completely trusted.

4. Yeah, the images won't load for me, but rip :P

5. rip. It's unfortunate, but that's the game. :/

6. As one of the big builders on the server, I know how it feels when something you put so much effort into creating is destroyed. It's one of the few things i dislike about the server, but at the same time its one of the things that gives 'excitement' to a builder's generally dull life. At the end of the day, it's all still a game.

7. right click nubs

8. It hit you really hard i guess.

9. the salt

10. All i am seeing is an empty room with a hole in the wall. Was there any real loss here?

11. I agree... but as this is a free server, people also have the right to be assholes.

I've been digging/opening this under-ocean 50x50x20 base for two weeks. Yesterday someone who wanted to team and 'help me' tp my stuff from my old base, just raided and burnt everything I was building. Now I'm back to the old base :P

12. I understand your loss, it sucks when you get something griefed and blown up. Still, I wish you the best of luck on other servers.

13. how far out was your base located ?

14. Deleted 6 years ago by Fingerbib
  15. -image-

16. Hey Monkey_bunker, sorry to hear that. I have played on CraftyMynes for 14 months and never been raided. I dread the day I login to find my base a smoking ruin. I don't know where your base was - take a look at this post about base positioning - if you did any of these things may be you should try again. I think you can build with a very low probability of detection.

17. As someone who has had a beautiful base turned into a lava pit in the past and made a post almost exactly like yours a year ago I probably feel your pain more then anyone but after I was talked down from the ledge I have met some of the coolest people ever in this game and im glad that I didn't take the leap into the pit and give up on the server. Trust me I was close. take a little break then come back u don't have to build underground to hide there are tricks that people will gladly share to finding safe locations and if your lucky like me you probably have made a friend that will take you in during your time of greifing like I did. Best of luck try to stay positive.

18. the kfc guild is brutal

19. Damn, i feel bad for you son. How many dogs did you have?

or Sign Up to reply!