Ping command? Suggestion

1. 4 years ago

This is just a suggestion and maybe itll spark an idea for a future feature of the server.

Is there a way to possibly use your coding monkeys to make a command that can display ping? E.g. .ping

Im a really dumb computer person so idk if its a thing that is possible. Come to think about im dumb in general. Anyways i hope this can be a thing in the future as it would be handy for pvp or to prove that you arent ping spoofing and will be generally helpful

Uh... Just trying to start a conversation so dont get offended if it seems like im trying to force something.

-mittins0w0

2. that would be super fantastic! IT would be cool to see the actual number,

pressing tab and seeing bars, is not super competitive, as almost always everyone has 5 unless they are complaining of lag issues :(

3. Edited 4 years ago by Ronjob

@mittins0w0 This is just a suggestion and maybe itll spark an idea for a future feature of the server.

Is there a way to possibly use your coding monkeys to make a command that can display ping? E.g. .ping

Im a really dumb computer person so idk if its a thing that is possible. Come to think about im dumb in general. Anyways i hope this can be a thing in the future as it would be handy for pvp or to prove that you arent ping spoofing and will be generally helpful

Uh... Just trying to start a conversation so dont get offended if it seems like im trying to force something.

-mittins0w0

yes showing ping is possible not 100% sure if its possible in vanilla though also some mods can show others ping

4. We've had this before. It ended up in spam and a whole lot of bitching about tps. I doubt we'd have it again, but maybe the admins/Crafty want to chime in.

5. Is it possible to simply have it as only a trigger so as to avoid any potential overuse which may fill the chat with a trillion .ping messages?

6. You can see you ping before you enter the server by simply rolling your mouse over the internet connection symbol to the right of the number of players and the no of bars to the right of the player names in the tab list is a good indication of your connection quality.

7. sir do you understand how much effort it takes to exit and rejoin just to see your ping

8. @Tez1010 You can see you ping before you enter the server by simply rolling your mouse over the internet connection symbol to the right of the number of players and the no of bars to the right of the player names in the tab list is a good indication of your connection quality.

minecrafts bar system is broken it can say u have 5 bars but in reality u got 1 bar and such

9. @Th3GreenGamer We've had this before. It ended up in spam and a whole lot of bitching about tps. I doubt we'd have it again, but maybe the admins/Crafty want to chime in.

Thanks for your reply :) i understand youre talking about a tps command but ill just substitute ping command as that is what this post is about.

I don't think .ping spam would ever be that big of an issue, as the benefit outways the drawbacks of half a line of text, considering a lot of players would love to know their current ping before doing risky play. Especially during these laggy times of 1.15.

Actually anything can be spammed e.g. .vote, time? I.e. anything really ......

The mods are already really strict so im sure spam isnt an issue with the current playerbase. Looking into the future, mods really dont like default spammers lol so im sure theyll be put in their place before it goes on for too long.

Tldr: spam will always be an issue. Benefits of showing ping outways the drawbacks of a lil possible ping spam

-mittins0w0

10. @Tez1010 You can see you ping before you enter the server by simply rolling your mouse over the internet connection symbol to the right of the number of players and the no of bars to the right of the player names in the tab list is a good indication of your connection quality.

Thank you for your response :) this is more of a work around than an actual response to my suggestion. Then again im not sure if this is even possible in vanilla so that is why im here to suggest such a command ingame.

You can check vote.craftymynes.com to see if you can vote again but the server reminds us. This is one example of many quality of life features that makes craftymynes that much more of an amazing experience.

So why not add a feature that can tell you your current ping? As it would be a great positive addition that would make playing on CM that much more enjoyable :)

That is if the big people up at CM hq decide this is a smart move.

-mittins0w0

11. This is not possible in vanilla without a proxy, however, I could make something on the forum that will show your ping to the main server.

I removed the .tps command because new players just don’t understand that vanilla can’t run at 20tps all the time, they see 18tps and freak but in reality that is a good day.

12. @CraftyMyner This is not possible in vanilla without a proxy, however, I could make something on the forum that will show your ping to the main server.

I removed the .tps command because new players just don’t understand that vanilla can’t run at 20tps all the time, they see 18tps and freak but in reality that is a good day.

yes that would be nice

13. @CraftyMyner This is not possible in vanilla without a proxy, however, I could make something on the forum that will show your ping to the main server.

Thank you sir CraftyMyner. I know you are busy and i appreciate the swift response.

14. @CraftyMyner I removed the .tps command because new players just don’t understand that vanilla can’t run at 20tps all the time, they see 18tps and freak but in reality that is a good day.

That's a day of celebration lol.

or Sign Up to reply!