is this really a pure vanilla server, or does it have some plugins?

1. 4 years ago

is this really a pure vanilla server, or does it have some plugins?

2. Yes, it's vanilla.

3. @01011000 Yes, it's vanilla.

then how is the server able to detect whether someone is using a VPN? As far as I know, vanilla servers can't detect VPN users automatically?

4. @ChicagoGod then how is the server able to detect whether someone is using a VPN? As far as I know, vanilla servers can't detect VPN users automatically?

I don't know all the gritty details, so I honestly couldn't tell you if that's 100% vanilla; however, I don't think that it matters. For all intents and purposes, this server is vanilla. VPNs are banned out of necessity, as in the past, hackers have come on with hundreds of bot accounts that all use VPNs to spam chat and to make the game unplayable. The VPNs mean that the different accounts are under different IP addresses, so they can't all be IP banned. If VPNs weren't banned, the server would be susceptible to more attacks like that in the future.

5. ok

6. Edited 4 years ago by Azrad

The physical machine the server is run on, is capable of monitoring connections.

7. oh damn makes sense

8. Yes the server is vanilla, we monitor and ban all VPN connections to prevent botters from spamming the server in an attempt to crash it.

9. ok thanks

10. The server is vanilla and uses the vanilla jar file provided by mojang. I made a panel that monitors everything that happens and runs commands when you do stuff like ".home" or type naughty words in chat. It also handles all the AI questions, backups, donations and votes.

11. Wow! You are a genius!

or Sign Up to reply!