1. 3 years ago

my base is being raided.. slowly.. somehow someone got the cords... because there was just a hole dug straight down...

What I need advise on is how to move on... I've (we) have spent hundreds of hours to make our base...
    So much work all for nothing... so much work.... I don't even want to launch MC now... Im so angry... so heartbroken...
    Im sure many of you guys have had this happen... how do you get over it..?

2. treat it as a natural cycle

3. Its not the biggest L if you take your stuff successfully. To be honest , im not a fan of restarting but each time i was raided i managed to grab all my loot and rebuild elsewhere, even better than last time

4. I go through the full range of the 5 stages of the grief response.

I also have one super secret base that only I go to. this way if i lose the base i build with other i have only lost half of the work i have done. so the loss is half as bad.

I also spend a bit of time building close to spawn, like roads and raid castles. knowing they will be griefed. this way if I lose them it is not too bad. I also like the look of seeing repaired bases using different blocks. it adds variety and character to builds.

5. Knafeh

3 Jun 2020 Suspended

isn't it advice?

6. @Knafeh isn't it advice?

that's not the point

7. Take lots of screenshots to remember the place fondly.

8. It's awful seeing builds you love destroyed, but one of the things I look forward to the most is the opportunity to build something new. I guess think of it like having a little extra push to try and try again. You get the chance to change up your style, play the game a little differently this time. Take it as an opportunity to refresh your minecraft experience, kind of like a server reset. I know it's sad remembering the stuff you lost, the work now gone, but your memories of having fun and playing with friends there are still alive and well.

9. Knafeh

3 Jun 2020 Suspended
    Edited 3 years ago by Knafeh

the best thing is to smash your keyboard SO FUCKING HARD so you almost break it but you don't.
    thats the catch...
    then what you do is leak the coords of the griefed base.
    Then you make a dirt house and you will be ok.

My tips have helped -1903 people

They work.

10. take a break then come back is my advice, i did that each time i was griefed and look at me now, im still here

11. Knafeh

3 Jun 2020 Suspended

A Break will make you Break inside-outside-around-everywhere

12. I wish I could talk to the person... and offer an alliance.. not to brag, but I am almost positive my base is better than his/rs. I'd rather have an ally and keep my base

or Sign Up to reply!