The most Powerful Faction

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

@R4iscool1 faction will do this also yet another assumption.

@Mabzino a good faction

3. @FishW But if a player produces 10 diamonds a day, and a faction of 5 produces 40 then our ratio are 1:10 player and 1:8 faction.

why?

@FishW Our lone player quickly acquires this and buys the elytra. A faction of 10 gets the 30 diamonds alot quicker then the player and buys the elytra

unrelated to power

4. @Zabolca why does it have to be a faction? could not an individual person become more powerful than a faction?

@Mabzino not really

@R4iscool1 Sure they could, there was certainly people in 1.8 who were more powerful than most of the factions at the time in terms of wealth and facilities.

Dont change the goalposts.

5. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

The behaviour you are describing is beyond a good faction to imo.
    At least in a vanilla setting, there is no reason one player cant gather more than a group, it may not be likely but its certainly a possibility.

6. @Mabzino why?

Just an example. Take it the other way and say a player produces 10 diamonds and a faction of 10 produces 120 diamonds leading to a ratio of 1:10 for player and 1:12 for faction members. It is a double edged sword I was just showing in some instances a player is acquiring more goods than a faction player.

@Mabzino unrelated to power

The fact that it is elytra? Make it a god sword then I guess. If you mean just in general it is unrelated then yea i guess one could consider it unrelated lol.
    But as I said these are only examples and can be turned both ways. My point is that a faction is not 100% of the time more powerful than a player. I think everyone can agree that it is not always better. :)

7. Omg guys are you seriously still arguing about this?

8. @_Haxington_ Omg guys are you seriously still arguing about this?

Arguing? I dont believe anyone is arguing. I certainly am not. We are comparaing thoughts and evidence to see who is more powerful.

9. Thats called arguing.

10. Arguing

[ahr-gyoo]

verb (used without object), argued, arguing.
    to present reasons for or against a thing

11. The word comes from 1275-1325 middle english, anglo-french

12. http://www.dictionary.com/browse/arguing

13. The irony of arguing about arguing.
    Still i dont see the harm in some discussion.

14. @R4iscool1 The behaviour you are describing is beyond a good faction to imo.
    At least in a vanilla setting, there is no reason one player cant gather more than a group, it may not be likely but its certainly a possibility.

group of 25 people, each person spends 50 minutes on farm/villagers a day
    totaling almost 24 hours a day
    done
    unless a player can do that

total wealth > total wealth of player
    agreed have to gear more people;
    but not everyone is active ingame at once whether mining or fighting
    also designated roles, only a fraction will have to be truly geared
    in vanilla no incentive to make a good faction anyway though

15. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

I think thats rather unrealistic.
    Its like saying one player playing 16 hours a day and farming far better than the faction.
    They could farm 3 times as long and still be behind if the player obtains a better farm.
    Ultimately players can beat factions, not in every circumstance but the majority of the time with enough effort.

16. When i was out end hunting, i could get about 3 elytra/dragon heads per day. If i was to sell both of them, assuming they would be bought, that would easily outclass me over some factions if you base it all off wealth

17. @R4iscool1 I think thats rather unrealistic.
    Its like saying one player playing 16 hours a day and farming far better than the faction.
    They could farm 3 times as long and still be behind if the player obtains a better farm.
    Ultimately players can beat factions, not in every circumstance but the majority of the time with enough effort.

now you're just being unrealistic lol "the majority of time with enough effort"
    i don't understand your first line, one player playing 16 hours a day and farming better than the faction just won't happen
    "a better farm" >good faction (if not better farm will have more people farming their multiple farms)
    also faction can have players trading to villagers and farming at the exact same time, not possible on 1p

18. @Mabzino now you're just being unrealistic lol "the majority of time with enough effort"
    i don't understand your first line, one player playing 16 hours a day and farming better than the faction just won't happen
    "a better farm" >good faction (if not better farm will have more people farming their multiple farms)
    also faction can have players trading to villagers and farming at the exact same time, not possible on 1p

It was an unrealistic scenario in response to another unrealistic scenario.
    Your whole argument hinges on the assumption "It wont happen".
    Which is unqualfied, A single player can easily build a bigger and more efficient farm than a faction that can outdo multiple players.

I dont understand what the issue is with the idea that a player can > Faction

19. @R4iscool1 It was an unrealistic scenario in response to another unrealistic scenario.
    Your whole argument hinges on the assumption "It wont happen".
    Which is unqualfied, A single player can easily build a bigger and more efficient farm than a faction that can outdo multiple players.

I dont understand what the issue is with the idea that a player can > Faction

How exactly are you defining powerful?

20. @TheDunmerRaven How exactly are you defining powerful?

We have focused on wealth for this but its sort of impossible to define.

21. @R4iscool1 We have focused on wealth for this but its sort of impossible to define.

Well anyone can be wealthy. Danny for instance.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!