Project solitude

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

we wont need enchants, well have enough prepacked redstone to go through the season and torches are plentiful unless mojang removes charcoal

3. Take a cobble generator. That will help a lot

4. I think your best option is to start out with two teams of people for the project. The first team acts as suppliers, they head out in the overworld, set up a base in a safe location. They then build farms and whatnot in order to gather materials and act as a focal point for overworld activities.

The second team, act as the explorers, they enter the end and travel as far as possible, when they run low on resources, team 1 pop over. When team 2 reach a good location, all the materials will have been prepared by team 1.

5. true, but I will most likely select the most active player to do the travelling role, my pc sucks so I wont be able to pearl properly. The team I recruited have good patience and I will most likely install @Jordi223b to do the travelling, as he is on a lot(I will ask him if hes happy to do this). Also it would be nice if the team has project sponsors just to help with the preparing.

6. check this out, its an obby gen

7. You do realise that is a fake video ?
    It was made in 2013, 3 years before 1.10 came out....

8. Edited 7 years ago by TheForgotten20

oh *facephonescreen

9. This isn't fake, it's for beta 1.10.
    In the beta (and I think in some other early releases) there was a bug letting you turn redstone or string into obsidian using this method.

Villagers are great, especially to make redstone renewable, and are a source of glass. They're also easy to move using flying machines (which I thought was the intended way to travel anyway)
    In fact, you can move any other mob easily using flying machines.

Without villagers, how do you intend to get a source of iron?

10. @NutjobBob This isn't fake, it's for beta 1.10.
    In the beta (and I think in some other early releases) there was a bug letting you turn redstone or string into obsidian using this method.

Villagers are great, especially to make redstone renewable, and are a source of glass. They're also easy to move using flying machines (which I thought was the intended way to travel anyway)
    In fact, you can move any other mob easily using flying machines.

Without villagers, how do you intend to get a source of iron?

but... how do you get the villager into the portal?

11. @Jordi223b but... how do you get the villager into the portal?

the only way is to find a stronghold

12. no villagers, its too hard

13. I know a location of a stronghold. I activated it myself.
    I know it's 1k from spawn under the sea. You'll see stones structured like a cube. Just enter it. There's a hole..

14. @KatcheD I know a location of a stronghold. I activated it myself.
    I know it's 1k from spawn under the sea. You'll see stones structured like a cube. Just enter it. There's a hole..

This project is after the reset

15. What reset?

16. Edited 7 years ago by Aquafyna

Apparently this project will be taking place after the map resets. There's no guarantee that will be coming soon and this is the weakness of this project. It could take 1-2 years before the map resets. It depends on Minecraft updates or on Crafty's decision. It's possible, before they announce map reset, that none of you guys play the server or Minecraft anymore.

17. Ah I see

18. or I could talk to the team and reschedule it, I just dont want them to lose everything

19. i wouldn't lose anything, if we move this project up and do it before the map resets then i will only be a casual and i'll leave the island frequently, if that is against the rules then it's map reset or bust :P

20. Can we please not mention Map resets or planning for any map resets. Dont reset the map pretty pls w' icing and sugar on top.

21. you can do frequent visits, but you cant take resources from there, that's the rule

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!