1. 7 years ago

Alright I feel this needs to be Addressed cause it Annoys the piss out of me. If you are trying to sell something, and you ask for an offer, you just lost all business with me, Have a set price for something cause, after I give my offer, 9/10 times the persons like nah sorry. Has anyone heard of a counter offer system???? Its not that hard to understand, If something not at the price you want offer a lower price you are comfortable with, the worst they can do is say no or shoot you another offer. This is the same type of situation with bargaining.
    I feel like im putting this in the wrong section of forums so i'm also selling Elytra's 30Db each

2. Edited 7 years ago by _Haxington_

The reason people do this is to get an idea of how much something is worth for other people so they can then sell more of the same item accordingly

3. I agree with Omega on this-- even at pawn shops, normally they will give you an offer to work with first;

There is nothing more frustrating than seeing an item for sale but the person selling it won't say what they want in return. I don't think it's fair to make the purchaser come up with several different offers simply because the seller hasn't found an offer they like yet. Makes way more sense to come up with a set price and negotiate from there. To me, it feels like the seller is just trying to get as much as they can from the person coming up with offers. If they don't know how much something they are selling is worth, come up with a price and see if anyone is buying at that price. If they aren't THEN adjust.

I dunno, I've always hated that in games, I mean, it's not THAT difficult to find out how much something is worth.

4. ^^^^^ Preach

5. I'm secretly confusing with prices cause I don't know what the fuck I'm doing
    BUT FUCKIN DAMN
    i have the backbone to admit it in a thread where they call it out
    #Punkcy

6. "I'm offended"

7. [deleted]

15 Sep 2016
    Deleted 3 years ago by CraftyMyner
  8. Well there's also a difference between someone selling an object that's asking for offers-- and then actually accepts one of the offers they receive, and the person who sells an object but refuses 90% of the offers because they don't feel they've gotten a high enough amt. of payment. It's like they are trying to hit a reserve that hasn't been met-- if that's the frame of mind you're in, you might as well just set a damn price lol.

9. @Pimpcy I'm secretly confusing with prices cause I don't know what the fuck I'm doing

SAME

10. I regularly sell stuff and I do try to avoid it, but as some of you have already said some players don't know the value of items, for example chorus fruit is hard to get and technically rare but no one wants it because it has little practical uses. If it's not practical in some for and that the buyer will use regularly it's not worth much. Same goes for enderpearls but slightly different, people don't know the exploits and places to go to farm for them so when they discover them on their own they think no one else has thought of it and go off grinding for it thinking it'll make them rich.

11. The only time you really ever put something on the market without a set price is when you auction the item off. When the seller wants to sell something but isn't sure of the value (which is totally understandable, especially things like epearls and chorus fruit for reasons @Grinning_Bobcat said) a possible solution might be to auction it off in chat. That way others can give input on what they think a fair price would be and help make sure the price is fair for both parties. Although if no one's interested then your highest bid might end up being 3 sticks and a dirty potato. You could take the risk or set a minimum starting bid

12. Or you can stip being a little bitch sbout things and just give give them an offer of what you want to pay for it. Then you can talk about a price.

13. Edited 7 years ago by JDAKandEEK

being rich, i usually say "make me an offer" to be nice. meaning whatever change you have in your pocket is fine since you're poor. But NO, not if you're rude. No more handouts!

14. @jdakandeek I laughed at

whatever change you have in your pocket is fine since you're poor

for some reason that came off a little hilariously unintentionally offensive to me because I considered myself middle class with like a stack and a half of dia then I hear a comment like that and think "there's people with diamond block bulk storage" and I demote myself from middle class to lower middle class.
    I know if you can trust yourself with diamond armor and not freak out too bad about losing it you aren't lower lower class

15. i guess im not middle class..

16. @OmegaSniper4eva Say Aye if you are for #TeamPoor

or Sign Up to reply!