Command blocks in 1.10

1. 7 years ago

I've been here for quite a while, and this is so far the best vanilla server I have played on - seriously! It amazes me how everything is built in vanilla using command blocks in 1.10. I honestly have no idea how you do all this (whoever the command block genius is) - I could never get any of it working in 1.10, only in 1.9. You see, ever since 1.6 I have been making adventure maps, even on Minecraft Pocket edition. How on earth do you get this running on 1.10? Please tell me. I want to know about:

• /tellraw chat messages and json books
    • how do detect things in chat (this can be useful for in-game hints and tips, like when a user types "help?" or "hint?")
    • How to perform a command upon player spawn
    • How to detect proximity of a player
    • How to use /playsound
    • Any other commands that have changed since 1.10

Finally, Craftymyner, please try to get your server up and running again! I'ts been down for a couple of days already!
    Thanks!

2. If you need a JSON book, just google a generator honestly, it's easier than learning the commands but if you edit it on your own you could mess up the command

3. No offense, but I think you're asking for a lot. I don't think these forums are intended for Crafty to teach players how to learn command blocks and /tellraw commands for them to go off and make their own maps. There's the minecraft wiki out there that explains the basics.

4. I have almost all the answers but I don't think crafty wants me to tell them (I think crafty is the genius behind the command block creations btw)

5. Edited 7 years ago by FishW

@megaCOOL1 -/tellraw chat messages and json books

• how do detect things in chat (this can be useful for in-game hints and tips, like when a user types "help?" or "hint?")
    • How to perform a command upon player spawn
    • How to detect proximity of a player
    • How to use /playsound
    • Any other commands that have changed since 1.10

1. As others mentioned the wiki, or several online commamd generators will help you with this.

1. I think Crafty pays extra/pays elsewhere, in order to get those effects. Idk honestly tho.
    2. Im no sure how Crafty does it,but you could have a cmd block that sets all players within a 200 block range given a scoreboard tag or added to a scoreboard team. Then you can specify that tag/team on other command blocks.
    3. Same ideas as above^
    4. Again google it. I dont know the commamd off the top of my head but like you add a number that does sound and another one that does something else. Also just do /playsound then hit enter and Minecraft tells you alot.
    5. I don't recall too many new commands but I think the format may have changed on a few. Wiki it for more.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Minecraft_Wiki

6. Crafty hardly has time for the server since he is extremely busy, he doesn't have time to teach people. Maybe you can ask for help by other players on the server who understand command blocks?

7. Most of the core features are done with command blocks, however, a lot of things like "vote?" are managed by my custom server panel.

8. Everything you asked about can be found easily online. The first is just learning JSON, or using an online generator if you're too lazy. The third and fourth are just getting your selectors right. Playsound is a command, just look it up. The most interesting one is the second thing you asked about, the detecting things in chat. This is implemented using a server wrapper custom made by CraftyMyner and is unrelated to command blocks. Good luck finding info about server wrappers online; for the servers that do implement it, they vary widely from server to server. The server wrapper is a fairly complicated program unique to CraftyMynes, and in my opinion, is one of the reasons that CraftyMynes is better than the other vanilla servers out there.

9. Server wrapper? How am I supposed to use this in a single player or LAN world?

10. Edited 7 years ago by HaloNest

since it is called

server wrapper

there should be a reason...
    @megaCOOL1

11. Well don't use a wrapper per say, more like an observer, it is a very complicated network of programs that provide information and stats to the main program that runs the server and combines all the helper programs

12. It is 100% custom

13. @megaCOOL1 Server wrapper? How am I supposed to use this in a single player or LAN world?

@megaCOOL1 Making a server wrapper, or whatever you want to call it, requires quite a bit of programming experience. It is not something that is within Minecraft, rather it is implemented at what I would call the "server level." If you have programming and/or networking experience, you will be able to make a server wrapper. If not, I would suggest not troubling yourself over it. If you need a similar mechanism in a single player world, just make a book with a bajillion links inside it where you can click on a link to make whatever you want happen. So for example in CraftyMynes you can say "serverplz stats" to get your stats, but in a single player world you could have a link within a book be the trigger for displaying a player's stats. You can make custom books that do these things by using JSON. And hook up a command block to a clock that will give this custom book to any players that have just died.

or Sign Up to reply!