Remove or Nerf all Spawn Villager Trader

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

Just get rich and be friends, nuff said

3. @Cileklim Pros:

-Players will interact more with each other instead of grinding items for villagers.

-Players will have to get their own villagers, closer to survival and more fun.

Cons:

-HUGE gap between rich players and new & current players.

-Emeralds and diamonds worth will increase which means rich players will become richer and poor players, well, poorer.

-Players "love" villagers (?) No... just no

-Villagers lets players to earn emeralds which is vital for player trading, so removal of villagers will impact the economy (?)

I like the pros and cons list, it does help show both sides. And I would like to add to your last Cons point about the emerald's impact on the economy. Without the villagers, emeralds will become far less available and shops that sell items based on emerald standards will fail or have to make some extreme changes. People won't be able to afford items in book or food shops because the value of currency will drastically change. The emerald will become more valuable than the diamond possibly and throw the entire currency system off. Book shops wouldn't be able to sell enchanted books as well because they themselves won't be as able to afford their own books from their librarians, as emeralds will be much harder to get. (I'm talking specifically about the jeweler trades on this point). We're not just talking about little changes here, we're talking about taking a one dollar bill and making it worth something like a fifty dollar bill.

@Cileklim Can we just chill? It's normal for this suggestion to have some heat, but:

This is not how you discuss a suggestion.
    You know it too.

I do know that. That's why I said it that way. Does none of this thread at all feel similar to you? Cause to me, it feels an awful lot like the thread where someone complained about how op the new wool villager was. You know how that ended?
    link text
    Go read the last few comments before it was locked.

Or the suggested clay villager thread that was locked and denied because it was the same argument as the wool villager.

This is just another of the same argument, only starting with the opposing viewpoint of less gifts in mind.

All we're doing is complaining about a gift given to us by the admins. They were kind enough to give us so many amazing things, and every time, someone has to complain and tear down their hard work and berate everything they've done for us. Some people don't want that kind of slap in the face towards staff to continue. Again, sorry if I sound upset, I know I come off that way a lot. But I don't see a point in further complaining about the admins' gifts that help most players and are liked by most. It's upsetting to see someone's hard work picked at and picked at until all we're doing is hurting their feelings. Lets please try to end this one (peacefully) before we do that again. I have no quarrel with any of you. This is just what I believe on the subject.

4. Deleted 7 years ago by sirchristopher10
  5. Deleted 7 years ago by sirchristopher10
  6. Edited 7 years ago by _Drachenzorn_

@Dennari43 All we're doing is complaining about a gift given to us by the admins. They were kind enough to give us so many amazing things, and every time, someone has to complain and tear down their hard work and berate everything they've done for us. Some people don't want that kind of slap in the face towards staff to continue. Again, sorry if I sound upset, I know I come off that way a lot. But I don't see a point in further complaining about the admins' gifts that help most players and are liked by most. It's upsetting to see someone's hard work picked at and picked at until all we're doing is hurting their feelings. Lets please try to end this one (peacefully) before we do that again. I have no quarrel with any of you. This is just what I believe on the subject.

Its good that you show what you feel. But this is just a debate on the matter. You are the one quarelling and making it on a personal level. Again I would like to remind you that this is a suggestion section. Its a suggestion that I feel (personally) may improve the gameplay (survival vanilla gameplay) of the server. You have some good arguments, but also expect that there will be people rebutting what you say.

Going back, one of the main reason for me to start this thread is I feel that the server is missing some of the "vanilla survival" feel in its gameplay. As a gamer, we know this is related to gamerules. I understand that craftymynes has their original rules in mind. But as the server goes on and evolve, we suggest more and more features (wool, clay etc) that changes these rules. Features that makes our survival easier, but isnt that just making the server more like "creative"? Cause the way I see it, getting blocks or resources (and please dont think of just emeralds or diamonds) the easy way is just like creative mode.

In short, the main message of this suggestion is reverting back to what we signed for when we discover this server: 100% vanilla. Not just vanilla in its technical aspect but vanilla for the players also - vanilla gameplay aspect.

7. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

@Dennari43

Does none of this thread at all feel similar to you? Cause to me, it feels an awful lot like the thread where someone complained about how op the new wool villager was. You know how that ended?
    link text
    Go read the last few comments before it was locked.

Or the suggested clay villager thread that was locked and denied because it was the same argument as the wool villager.

This is just another of the same argument, only starting with the opposing viewpoint of less gifts in mind.

Nope! It doesn't. This is a different thread about a different suggestion. And if something is wrong, players might and will complain. If you want to see my opinion about that "complain", you can take a look to my posts in said threads.

This is not an argument. This suggestion thread has nothing to do with other suggestions unless indicated by the suggestor, you are simply making it too personal. It's not just "opposition" , think about it. Why would someone oppose something without a reason? Maybe they see a flaw, or something that could be better in a different way! It might or might not get approved, that is the reason of a suggestion; to show a different viewpoint!

@Dennari43 But I don't see a point in further complaining about the admins' gifts that help most players and are liked by most. It's upsetting to see someone's hard work picked at and picked at until all we're doing is hurting their feelings. Lets please try to end this one (peacefully) before we do that again.

@Dennari43 liked by most

It sounds like you are talking for the whole server. What about the other opinions?

Suggestions are not just about adding new stuff, it's also about polishing what we have, improving it even further. And you are getting out of topic because I don't see anyone complaining or picking at someone's hard work. It sounds like you are mentioning another suggestion thread but as I said, this is a different thread.

What is the thing that you want to end? Why would a suggestion hurt someones feelings?

8. oh drach, you disappoint me

9. nerf all da villagers trades but keep them there to discourage people from using them. i just satisfied both of you

10. @_Drachenzorn_ Features that makes our survival easier, but isnt that just making the server more like "creative"?

In my opinion, no. Unless you're opening up inventory and have a list of every item and picking out an unlimited amount of anything at all, it's not creative. No, it's not the original way of earning stuff like in singleplayer or anarchy, but it's definitely not creative. *my opinion

@Cileklim This is a different thread about a different suggestion.
    And you are getting out of topic because I don't see anyone complaining or picking at someone's hard work. It sounds like you are mentioning another suggestion thread but as I said, this is a different thread.

What is the thing that you want to end? Why would a suggestion hurt someones feelings?

Yes, it is a different thread, but with the same intent. To change something given to us by the admins. Specifically, yeah, it's a different topic. It's not about a wool villager or clay villager, just spawn villagers in general.
    It sounds like I'm mentioning another thread? I am, because they relate, and the potential outcome of this one and the actual outcome of them seem like they'll end up the same, at least in *my opinion.

I want(ed) to end this for many reasons. All in previous posts. These suggestions are asking to get rid of someone's hard work. How would you feel if someone thought something you made was stupid and just wanted to get rid of it? Doesn't matter if these changes happen or not, the people who spent time out of their real lives creating these villagers now know that people hate it. I know its a suggestion section, but no one ever stands up for this view, though a hard view to make known and understandable. Maybe that's why I'm alone on this. *my opinion

@Cileklim Why would someone oppose something without a reason?

There is a reason, yes. I never denied that. If there wasn't a reason, there'd be no point in my rebuttal.

@Cileklim Maybe they see a flaw, or something that could be better in a different way!

@Cileklim Suggestions are not just about adding new stuff, it's also about polishing what we have, improving it even further.

@Cileklim it's also about polishing what we have, improving it even further.

@Cileklim polishing

You make it sound like such a little change. But it's not. It would completely throw off the entire currency system in game. Shops wouldn't be able to keep running with a screwed up currency. Yeah, they see a flaw, and they made a suggestion. That's the point of this suggestion section of the forums. But this suggestion will do more harm than good, but then again, this is still just *my opinion here.

@Cileklim It sounds like you are talking for the whole server. What about the other opinions?

I said "most," not "all." The other opinions? You're the other opinion. And everyone else who has spoken on this thread. I'm not speaking for any of you, just the people I have seen using the villagers, people I've played with who rely on the villagers, getting emeralds out of them to buy from player shops, and so on. I'm not speaking for everyone. Just the people that feel the same way. And I would assume it is "most" players, because if "most" players thought the same way as this thread does, then the villagers would be gone by now. But again, that's *my opinion. I could be wrong, but no one besides two people have legitimately argued with me on this. If others would join in, we'd have a more rounded conversation instead of just us three back and forth. *my opinion

11. bump for the reason I want to hear the staff's opinion.

12. someone set up poll, idk how lol

13. Edited 7 years ago by TheForgotten20

the spawn villagers are pretty expensive so some items you can still make a profit by selling cheaper. e.g. 8 emmies for 3 iron and you have an iron farm you can sell ur iron for 2 emmies 1 iron, which is cheaper than spawn villager and already making a profit

14. @Quartz_King someone set up poll, idk how lol

Stop changing your skin!!

15. @misterkickman Stop changing your skin!!

lol i will have this one for a while lol

16. @Quartz_King lol i will have this one for a while lol

y the mithra skin

17. @Quartz_King lol i will have this one for a while lol

You are not worthy...

18. @_Drachenzorn_ bump for the reason I want to hear the staff's opinion.

I'm also curious about their opinion!

19. As the staff member in charge of villagers, im enjoying some popcorn as i watch the back and forth of opinions, facts... ideas. I believe everyone has the right to share their belief of the situation.

As such, i also have the right to not voice my thoughts on the subject just yet. :)

20. @BaronBattleBread As the staff member in charge of villagers, im enjoying some popcorn as i watch the back and forth of opinions, facts... ideas. I believe everyone has the right to share their belief of the situation.

As such, i also have the right to not voice my thoughts on the subject just yet. :)

Any ETA for the maze's close or any villager changes?

21. Ehh I guess I'll weigh in.

I have to say I disagree - the villager trades do not take away from player trades take Mizore and Neon's shop for example, it's not like you can get their stuff from the villagers in fact the large number of emmies that are easily obtainable means that it is easier to get the emmies to buy it.

Another example would be Naidae without the villager trades I wouldn't have easily been able to get all the emmies to buy from her as it was such a large amount of stuff I need.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!