Mining Techniques

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

Well, I disagree. I always find Diamonds by lava lakes or Redstone.

3. Idk I kinda of just strip mine tune in some sick piano dubstep, mine a pathway at 11 ofc, then branch out 20 or so blocks each section. I prefer finding a lava lake near me to throw shit away and I end up having a shit ton of diamonds just from zoning out lmao. I've been known as a gr8 diamond finder i guess thts how

4. @Pimpcy Idk I kinda of just strip mine tune in some sick piano dubstep, mine a pathway at 11 ofc, then branch out 20 or so blocks each section. I prefer finding a lava lake near me to throw shit away and I end up having a shit ton of diamonds just from zoning out lmao. I've been known as a gr8 diamond finder i guess thts how

You zone out all the time

5. @FlashFood You zone out all the time

Can't help myself~

6. @Captain_Mitchell Well, I disagree. I always find Diamonds by lava lakes or Redstone.

This is probably because the diamonds are easier to see when they are in a large pre mined and we'll lit space which lava lakes provide.
    Cephied is correct in stating it has no effect on the actual spawn rates of diamonds however.

7. Oh okay...whatever

8. @R4iscool1 This is probably because the diamonds are easier to see when they are in a large pre mined and we'll lit space which lava lakes provide.
    Cephied is correct in stating it has no effect on the actual spawn rates of diamonds however.

incorrect, when lava lakes spawn they clear out an area so any ores that would have spawned in there would be wiped out, decreasing spawn rates. this is why i like strip mining

9. Ore veins decrease the chances of diamonds being there, and if there are diamonds there, there are few because the gravel / iron / dirt / andesite / etc. spawned over it.

That's what I've seen while mining

10. @_Confederacy_ Ore veins decrease the chances of diamonds being there, and if there are diamonds there, there are few because the gravel / iron / dirt / andesite / etc. spawned over it.

That's what I've seen while mining

Actually diamonds spawn over the andesite,diorite and granite, they work just like stone

11. Oh ok

12. @TheForgotten20 incorrect, when lava lakes spawn they clear out an area so any ores that would have spawned in there would be wiped out, decreasing spawn rates. this is why i like strip mining

I suggest when you correct someone that you make sure you actually know what you are talking about, it looks rather silly otherwise when it turns out not to be the case.
    Ore generation is done after the generation of lava lakes, every chunk has very approximately the same number of ores as other chunks.
    The presence of a lava lake in a certain chunk only limits the actual space that ore can be inserted into not the actual spawn rates.

13. @R4iscool1 I suggest when you correct someone that you make sure you actually know what you are talking about, it looks rather silly otherwise when it turns out not to be the case.
    Ore generation is done after the generation of lava lakes, every chunk has very approximately the same number of ores as other chunks.
    The presence of a lava lake in a certain chunk only limits the actual space that ore can be inserted into not the actual spawn rates.

Do caves generate over ores, I've noticed in caves diamond veins tend to be cut in half or have only one / two ore blocks due to the cave.

14. @R4iscool1 I suggest when you correct someone that you make sure you actually know what you are talking about, it looks rather silly otherwise when it turns out not to be the case.

nope, caves generate after ores which cuts some off as confederacy said. according to the wiki and mc forums one diamond vein generates per chunk, but this might be cut off due to lava lakes etc. yes it is rather silly when its not the case. if ores do generate after structures y have there never been ores protruding from caves? and why do some ores only have 1 in thier pocket? because they get cut off by the generation of caves.please actually know what your talking about

15. @TheForgotten20 R4 is actually right. Ore generation is one of the last things to happen during chunk population. However ores can only replace stone, andesite, diorite and granite. They can't replace the air blocks in caves.

The wiki is badly worded. It says diamond ore can be overwritten by generated structures (caves). What it actually means is that caves can spawn where diamond ore would be generated, which prevents the ore spawning.
    The wiki page for gold ore is much clearer.

16. This shit is all too confusing for me

17. @TheForgotten20 nope, caves generate after ores which cuts some off as confederacy said. according to the wiki and mc forums one diamond vein generates per chunk, but this might be cut off due to lava lakes etc. yes it is rather silly when its not the case. if ores do generate after structures y have there never been ores protruding from caves? and why do some ores only have 1 in thier pocket? because they get cut off by the generation of caves.please actually know what your talking about

Actually... the veins from diamond ( and other ores) can be of just 1 ore

18. @Jordi223b Actually... the veins from diamond ( and other ores) can be of just 1 ore

tes for duas, but bot for other ores like coal

19. Edited 7 years ago by pand1024

A common mistake I've seen is mining two tunnels too close together. In one sense the ideal design is only one long staight tunnel, because there is no chance that you will run into an ore deposit that you already found. Of course, you can instantly mine stone if there is a haste II beacon.

20. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

@TheForgotten20 tes for duas, but bot for other ores like coal

Despite What the wiki says technically there is actually no minimum on the ores on a vein however it is extremely improbable in most cases to find one a 1x1 vein.

@TheForgotten20 nope, caves generate after ores which cuts some off as confederacy said. according to the wiki and mc forums one diamond vein generates per chunk, but this might be cut off due to lava lakes etc. yes it is rather silly when its not the case. if ores do generate after structures y have there never been ores protruding from caves? and why do some ores only have 1 in thier pocket? because they get cut off by the generation of caves.please actually know what your talking about

Forgotten, I've been a very good miner for a long time and caught dozens upon dozens of Xrayers so I know it what I'm talking about when it comes to how ore generates and good mining techniques.

21. Edited 7 years ago by _Drachenzorn_

Dang this turns to an argument again lol. A lot of people here are so knowledgeable of the game. Just mine whatever technique you like at y=11. You could also mix techniques when you get bored on one switch to another. In the long run it doesnt matter. For me its always diamond gathered/time spent.

or Sign Up to reply!