Anti-elytra glider trap ideas

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

@NutjobBob @TheDunmerRaven Ouch, that's mean. It'd also cause lag for the rest of the server though. If you're feeling masochistic you could place a few thousand leaves around your base. Leaves are notoriously bad for fps in large amounts but won't affect the server lag.

@TheDunmerRaven A bit mean here, but you could build a large Slime Block Moving machine in the area and activate it constantly. It'll cause a lot of lag in the immediate area and that'd probably mess with Elytra people.

hrm good ideas but with the leaf one a set of flint and steel dismantles that one

3. @thegoldsmith hrm good ideas but with the leaf one a set of flint and steel dismantles that one

fire spread is off

4. @ardoasms fire spread is off

oh yeah..

5. @Valgys If I learned anything from Star Wars, this is an unavoidable reality in your design. Accept it.

-image-

You should see rogue one

6. Everything has an Achilles heel

7. @GrinningBobcat Everything has an Achilles heel

Achilles chose not to wear protective footwear

8. @thegoldsmith Achilles chose not to wear protective footwear

But he did .-.

9. His point is that no matter how much you armor up your base with traps and defense, if someone knows about it, the place will eventually fall and you can't do anything to stop it. That's just a fact. Traps and defense can only give you more time to pack up and get out with you and your valuables unscathed. But the base will eventually lose to the raiders. Never forget that when building, or else build your heart into the base and shatter more than blocks when it is broken.

10. if you build a "Magma cube" around your base, who would raid it? srsly, a 100x100x100 cube of magma underground, how would you get raided?

11. you mean using magma blocks that are ridiculously easy to break? or lava which can be walked through with a simple fire resist pot?

12. @Dennari43 His point is that no matter how much you armor up your base with traps and defense, if someone knows about it, the place will eventually fall and you can't do anything to stop it. That's just a fact. Traps and defense can only give you more time to pack up and get out with you and your valuables unscathed. But the base will eventually lose to the raiders. Never forget that when building, or else build your heart into the base and shatter more than blocks when it is broken.

very poetic. i know it will lose to raiders but i want to make it as awkward and difficult for them as possible to get anything good out of it so i dont want elytra gliders swanning in and avoiding all of the traps

13. I was suggesting to make your base layered out of obsidian and lava. or build an artificially generated mountain over the top of your base

14. Edited 7 years ago by GrinningBobcat

@Dennari43 His point is that no matter how much you armor up your base with traps and defense, if someone knows about it, the place will eventually fall and you can't do anything to stop it. That's just a fact. Traps and defense can only give you more time to pack up and get out with you and your valuables unscathed. But the base will eventually lose to the raiders. Never forget that when building, or else build your heart into the base and shatter more than blocks when it is broken.

Well doesnt it give the game meaning?

15. @GrinningBobcat Well doesnt it give the game meaning?

Everything gives the game meaning. Everything we put into it, good and bad. If you wish for a story of heartbreak and betrayal, go for it. If you wish for an adventure that you'll never tire of or beg to end, I suggest sticking to my advice.

16. @Dennari43 Everything gives the game meaning. Everything we put into it, good and bad. If you wish for a story of heartbreak and betrayal, go for it. If you wish for an adventure that you'll never tire of or beg to end, I suggest sticking to my advice.

*shrugs* It's all in the same story in the end

or Sign Up to reply!