video editing software

1. 7 years ago

I'd like to start editing videos but I don't know where to start. If anyone would mind helping me out so I can explore an interest I'd appreciate it

2. Right now, anything worth your while is gonna cost. almost every free editor out there either leaves a watermark across the video or is only a short trial.

My personal suggestion is to try the trials and find the one whos interface you like the best, and look for an older, no longer supported version on the web.

3. @BaronBattleBread Right now, anything worth your while is gonna cost. almost every free editor out there either leaves a watermark across the video or is only a short trial.

My personal suggestion is to try the trials and find the one whos interface you like the best, and look for an older, no longer supported version on the web.

any one that I should start with?

4. Nothing in particular.. each one is different and the user freindlyness varies widely. vegas and adobe are pretty popular, can check those out pretty quick, and they can lead you to others.

5. I think there actually is a good free editing software out there
    I tried lightworks it was way too laggy for me and I couldn't learn shit but it's one of the best free ones out there

6. I myself use Overwolf to capture in game footage ( comes free with TS). Then I use Wondershare Filmora to edit. It is only a free trial and costs $60 for get rid of the water mark on the finished project. However, I found a way around that to further try the program before committing to it. If you change the settings correctly, you can record the Filmora fullscreen preview using Overwolf. This was what I ended up with, https://forum.craftymynes.com/5085-nysic-s-party/p1#p59444
    I know its not perfect, and the quality would be better after purchasing the full program, but it is good enough to let me become accustom to the whole editing world for free, and still be able to show off my super nubby videos.

7. @BluePlauge I myself use Overwolf to capture in game footage ( comes free with TS). Then I use Wondershare Filmora to edit. It is only a free trial and costs $60 for get rid of the water mark on the finished project. However, I found a way around that to further try the program before committing to it. If you change the settings correctly, you can record the Filmora fullscreen preview using Overwolf. This was what I ended up with, https://forum.craftymynes.com/5085-nysic-s-party/p1#p59444
    I know its not perfect, and the quality would be better after purchasing the full program, but it is good enough to let me become accustom to the whole editing world for free, and still be able to show off my super nubby videos.

Filmora is cool, once i used it for school but I only had the trial version... It looked so bad with that water mark all the clip long

8. I've browsered around and filmora is getting good reviews. I simply have a witty video in mimd and like to make it myself. I've got a friend with editing software and I see enough videos on filmora that make me get the gist of how it works. I'll save up to get it. Thanks guys ^_^ any tips and techniques I suppose I should be asking for?

9. 6 years ago

I downloaded a ::caugh:: (trial) version of Sony Vegas Pro. It's very robust and probably more than you need, but I thought I'd chime in. I later purchased the fully licensed student version from eBay.

10. Adobe premeire (I prob spelled that wrong)

11. i used Davinci resolve 12.5, its free. while its not the best editing software, its surely better than nothing. it doesnt have a paid version either. no watermark, no trail. though i prefer vagas. however its a great program to start editing with. its also pretty easy to use. and if you accidentally delete your audio while putting in music to ctrl+z. just a note.

12. Oki thanks Can

or Sign Up to reply!