cepheid's thoughts #2: problems with staff and the server of CraftyMynes

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by r4iscool1

@Silver_Sonya Well then don't bring on time/money stuff in the first place.

Then don't bring up players are who we have to thank.

@Silver_Sonya Thanks but the only troll here so far is you, others seem to be looking for a way to make CM even better :)

Far from it, I'm working to maintain the good community we already have and people enjoy instead of changing things based on the whim of a very small percentage of users at the expense of the majority of users.

@Silver_Sonya For starters – Not attacking OP on sole grounds that he brings feedback now and not when Dawn wants it.

I never attacked the OP I disagreed with his arguments and logically refuted them, that's not an attack it's a discussion about the future of CM.

3. Edited 6 years ago by Silver_Sonya

@R4iscool1 Then don't bring up players are who we have to thank

As I said, you're the one bringing anger to this conversation and trying to speak about anything else but not about the prosperity of the server. If you have nothing to say but to attack me - then it's probably better to say nothing at all.

4. @Silver_Sonya Yes, speaking of raw numbers – lowest max players online for the past 24 month.
    But I'm sure you got an excuse for that too.

?
    I'm not following where this hostility is coming from. I found your charts interesting and shared my interpretation of them. I'm neutral but interested in this topic.

Are your feelings hurt because I'm not 100% convinced of your own assessment? I only shared my opinion thinking I was talking to a civil and intelligent person based on your trying to back your statements with data.

I won't make the same mistake with you again though.

5. @Silver_Sonya As I said, you're the one bringing anger to this conversation and trying to speak about anything else but not about the prosperity of the server. If you have nothing to say but to attack me - then it's probably better to say nothing at all.

What makes you think I'm angry?
    I haven't once attacked you either for that matter.
    Finally I do care about the prosperity hence why I oppose your changes as I feel the community prefers the way things are and they would be negative.

6. @Silver_Sonya Amazing how you managed to understand the situation correctly but failed to make the right conclusion.

The right conclusion is that you and the few players complaining are not realizing they are being ignorant of the situation and are in no way helping. You are simply complaining and repeating the same argument over and over again. Admins and staff do not want to get rid of all the fun things of the server. But you refuse to meet us halfway, and so nothing is being resolved. Instead of throwing hate around, how about you come up with some middle ground. Otherwise, you're just another part of mob mentality.

@Silver_Sonya Amazing how you managed to understand the situation correctly but failed to make the right conclusion.

Players are saying it's OP. It doesn't matter if it is or isn't. They don't like it. End of story. Players are the ones who make this server great, they are the ones who vote for it, they are the ones to thank for it and they are the ones to speak and be heard.

It does matter if it's OP. That's what they are complaining about. Something is OP, that's the complaint. Not unique items in general, OP items specifically. When they realize it's not OP, then there's no issue. Until they do, conflict will continue. Don't twist their words when you can't seem to understand what they're saying yourself.

7. @Silver_Sonya Oh, lol, forgot that you guys think I'm Fluxated. I am. Let's keep it that way.

I knew you would turn out to be someone who had a bone to grind with staff, rather than someone that actually cares about CM.
    GG to Crafty, R4 and the rest who don't let the faulty reasoning and shoddy arguments stand.
    I certainly don't think Flux represents what the community wants probably the exact opposite.

8. Valgys and R4iscool1, thanks for your responses. When you're done discussing my civility and intelligence, please post something that isn't off-topic. I'm not going to reply unless you want to discuss the server or anything from OP post.

@Dennari43 T
    It does matter if it's OP.

Yes, it does. They think it's OP and I bet you won't be able to change their mind.
    What I'm saying is that it's not right to ignore their opinion. I am strongly for meeting somewhere half-way. But welcoming cepheid's feedback with hostility is wrong.

9. @Silver_Sonya They think it's OP.

Yes, because they refuse to see they are wrong. That's not staff's problem.

@Silver_Sonya What I'm saying is that it's not right to ignore their opinion.

Do we look like we're ignoring it? Look at all the staff and other player comments that are trying to bring you back to reality? We're not ignoring your opinion. We're showing you reason to improve your flawed opinion.

10. @Dennari43 Yes, because they refuse to see they are wrong. That's not staff's problem.

Do we look like we're ignoring it? Look at all the staff and other player comments that are trying to bring you back to reality? We're not ignoring your opinion. We're showing you reason to improve your flawed opinion.

Mate I don't care about op items. I care about players leaving the server because you guys are so excited to improve others "flawed" opinions.

11. @Silver_Sonya Mate I don't care about op items. I care about players leaving the server because you guys are so excited to improve others "flawed" opinions.

If you want to resolve the issue, tell us your opinion on how you would fix these issues and what you would enforce. Otherwise stop trying to put staff down and work to fix it. All I see is "I don't like this (input annoying comment about staff), this is wrong, etc" if you want to fix some thing, and "Care about players leaving the server," then give a solution and stop spitting hot air.

12. @STRANGER_ give a solution and stop spitting hot air.

I see you love giving advices but not fancy following them yourself, right?

13. @Silver_Sonya Valgys and R4iscool1, thanks for your responses. When you're done discussing my civility and intelligence, please post something that isn't off-topic. I'm not going to reply unless you want to discuss the server or anything from OP post.

Yeah I never discussed your civility or intelligence but if you want to discuss OP there's plenty of rebuttals I have made to your arguments and the basis on which you made them if you want to address those, since nothing is going to change till you can provide clear logical points.

14. Edited 6 years ago by STRANGER_

@Silver_Sonya I see you love giving advices but not fancy following them yourself, right?

Uh, I think you've missed the point here. I'm not on your side of this. I don't care whether Shina gets a bone or if there are totems in the crates. You represent the opposisite side of this, so by all means, make a suggestion instead of getting all revved up by me trying to get some real points here. So far there is no real arguement other than you trying to make people look bad.

15. Edited 6 years ago by STRANGER_

I don't think that players are leaving due to "OP" items. I think that new players are leaving and for 2 main reasons.

1. Lack of direction in spawn, easily fixable with a sign that can be seen the second a new player accepts the rules, leading them to the RTP.
    2. Getting killed/discouraged. Unfixable really unless we could make new players not found for score and not drop heads. Also they make por decisions and build too close to spawn, once again I think they are lost in the directions they can see.

Now in all seriousness. Do not try and belittle, argue, or fight. If you want people to take this thread seriously for another second just tell us your ideas.

16. @R4iscool1 Yeah I never discussed your civility or intelligence but if you want to discuss OP there's plenty of rebuttals I have made to your arguments and the basis on which you made them if you want to address those, since nothing is going to change till you can provide clear logical points.

Ok, how about that: only survival obtainable items only as a part of donation perks. No birthday, retirement, graduation and other gifts at unknown admin's discretion.

Sounds like a plan?

17. @Silver_Sonya Ok, how about that: only survival obtainable items only as a part of donation perks. No birthday, retirement, graduation and other gifts at unknown admin's discretion.

Sounds like a plan?

That is what would remove the OP items, yes. However, this would remove items with lore, harmless enchantments, and special attributes like colored names. Doing this would overall make crates a lot less interesting because the month specific items such as holiday themed, useless items, would be gone. Personally, I think that we don't need to worry about the OP items at all. If we want to talk about players leaving, I bet this is a 100:1 ratio on the players that leave 30 minutes into joining the server, vs the very rare person leaving due to "OP" items.

Don't get me wrong, you had a complaint, and this idea you have would remove it. However, if we held a vote of the top, I don't know, two hundred players that have the highest amount of ticks currently, I doubt this would go into action. Making a plan has to be combined with selling it to the community. If I heard "No more unobtainable items!" I would be super upset, because I enjoy collecting the rarer unobtainable items. As stated by crafty;

@CraftyMyner He plays but on another account. All the members on this forum represent less than 1% of the players that have played on this server, all the members that gave their opinion on this thread represent less than 0.01% of the players that have played on this server. For a more accurate statistic, all players that have posted on this thread represent 0.12% of the players that have played in the last month.

Feedback should be taken into account but should also be weighed.

Take a shop, for example, most of the time people only post a review if they had a bad experience. while its good to look at the feedback, you must take into consideration that the reviews may make it look worse than it actually is.

The same should be taken into consideration here, it's good to look at the feedback from players, however, we most not forget about all the other players that don't communicate their opinion on the forums and all the players that leave without saying why they left.

We receive on average about 120 players per day, most of which leave shortly afterward for one reason or another. I doubt that their short stay of 20-30 minutes was caused by staff giving out a non-op gift to a player. While we should make an attempt to fix some of the issues outlined in this thread, we also need to think about the issues that cause players to leave only a few minutes after joining.

To fix this decline in players, we need to think about issues bigger than just giving one bone to one person. This post should have been about fixing the server but so far all it has really been is an attack on the staff with no real ideas towards a solution.

I'm not perfect, the staff are not perfect, the players are not perfect. We all are not perfect, bashing and yelling at someone when they make a mistake is not going to help them improve.

18. Edited 6 years ago by r4iscool1

@Silver_Sonya Ok, how about that: only survival obtainable items only as a part of donation perks. No birthday, retirement, graduation and other gifts at unknown admin's discretion.

Sounds like a plan?

I don't agree, custom gifts add to the fun of the server in my opinion and prevent vanilla going stagnant, really they aren't a big part of the server but they show our appreciation to certain users.
    Provided they don't confer an unreasonable advantage I see no issue with them.

It would be very hard to make CraftyCrates worthwhile with giving just survival items, we'd likely have to give out totems regularly or something similar which would have a far greater effect.

19. Edited 6 years ago by STRANGER_

@R4iscool1 I don't agree, custom gifts add to the fun of the server in my opinion and prevent vanilla going stagnant, really they aren't a big part of the server but they show our appreciation to certain users.
    Provided they don't confer an unreasonable advantage I see no issue with them

Exactly. I don't even have an issue with totems being given out. Having the ability to survive with half a heart if only useful in a couple scenarios. I think if you want to complain any more about the state of the server, complain about the players we lose within 30 minutes of joining, otherwise we just go back around the issue. :)

20. I certainly agree Stranger, new players being killed especially has always been a concern of mine but there's very little we can do without stepping into gameplay too much.
    An idea of mine was giving them 15 min resistance but it would make them invincible in pvp and spawn would overwrite it.

21. Edited 6 years ago by Valgys

@Silver_Sonya Valgys and R4iscool1, thanks for your responses. When you're done discussing my civility and intelligence, please post something that isn't off-topic. I'm not going to reply unless you want to discuss the server or anything from OP post.

That ship has sailed. You blew your chance at having any kind of thoughtful conversation pertinent to this topic with me when your first replies to my opinion are sarcastic and hostile. You've shown you can't handle different viewpoints. Just step aside and let more rationale and less emotional viewpoints continue this discussion before you get this thread locked. I'm done talking to you.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!