Opinions -- Grassling and More

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by Venetorem

As i told grassling himself in private messages. The point was not that he used my name. Its that he used it (for a secomd time i might add) after he was specifically told not to address people by name
    I was just going to give him a verbal warning, but when he responded with "Did I ask?" I decided he didn't need my genersity to let it slide a second time, eventhough specifically told not to

3. @NerdieBirdieYT He said he doesn't let other people use it but your point is still valid as it is used in global chat. If you don't want your name being used (one time with no specific warning) then how about you ask people to use it in pms only?

and @Venetorem the thing I have said countless times now is that I was told not to use private information and that is what you banned me for. If you use a name in global chat it's not private information. As stated in my ban appeal if you asked me to never use it again I would've abbided but you were too quick to ban me.

4. @Venetorem Since when are we not allowed to call people by name? The rule he broke was "revealing personal information", not "calling someone by their publicly known name like others do because I said no". That's not a rule.

@Grassling Interested in your thoughts on this.

5. You say that people use it all the time, but i can pnly remember juli using it a few times (to my memory)

6. Edited 6 years ago by NerdieBirdieYT

And, as @Venetorem stated, Juli is allowed to use it in public chat.

That, my friends, is staff discrimination. Staff may do what other players get banned for.

7. Edited 6 years ago by Grassling

How does that effect the validity of my point? @Venetorem it was still used in global chat therefore it's not private information. I didn't even use it in a malicious way

8. If he has responded with something like "oh, my bad" or "sure thing" or "wont happen again" that wouldve been the end of it

9. Sounds largely like emotional bias tbh

10. You never asked me never to say it again. @Venetorem

11. @Venetorem If he has responded with something like "oh, my bad" or "sure thing" or "wont happen again" that wouldve been the end of it

That's not he point. The point is that Juli is free to use your name because:

A) She's your friend
    B) She is staff

Both of which are invalid excuses for favoring one player over another.

Good grief, if staff isn't bound to their own rules, then I don't know what to say.

12. As i told grassling, i was informed to take action next time i saw him refering to someone by name. It didnt matter who it was, i wouldve given him the same warning. If it wasnt me, i would've messaged that player.

13. Hmm sounding like my post? Anyone?

14. That's not he point. The point is that Juli is free to use your name because:

A) She's your friend
    B) She is staff

When did i mention she was staff?
    Of course i let my girlfriend address me informally. That obvious

15. @Venetorem Why would I be banned on the spot for saying your name it wasn't "revealing personal info" as I had been warned about. How was I supposed to know this wasn't allowed?

16. @Venetorem When did i mention she was staff?
    Of course i let my girlfriend address me informally. That obvious

So you've just admitted that because you know her, she is allowed to do things normal players would be banned for.

17. Edited 6 years ago by Venetorem

Banned on the spit? I warned you in chat, remember?

18. Because im DATING HER, not because i like her. Does tewaker or benji, or sirchristopher, or custard, or anyone else im friends with call me by name? No

19. Yes "vanned on the spit" and you just said "I never gave you permission to use my name" thats not a warning because you banned me right after. After you had said that "warning" I never said it again after that.

20. Edited 6 years ago by Venetorem

I banned you because you decided to respond with a smart ass remark, and obviously didnt care about the fact i obviously didnt want you to

21. @Venetorem Because im DATING HER, not because i like her. Does tewaker or benji, or sirchristopher, or custard, or anyone else im friends with call me by name? No

I'm just curious what your personal relations have to do with the stated rules.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!