1.13 News / Discussion

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago

I have one of the biggest personal bases on the server and will lose all that if there is a reset. However despite that i would be happy to see a reset. The map is getting stale and it will give a chance for making new starts with new players. It will also mean we dont have to travel so far to find the new biomes which sound fantastic.

This is a griefing/raiding server and losing your build is part and parcel of that, whether to other players or to a map reset.

3. It might have already been said, but I'll add to it. I've heard a lot of talk from a lot of people that they'd rather not rejoin the server until after a reset, simply for the fact that the update is coming out in spring. So we are losing long term players the longer we don't reset with the update.

And with the amount of conversations with the same people I've had over and over again about there not being any plans for a reset, many are still dead set on believing one exists. So no matter how much of a guarantee we give, those players are not coming back until we reset.

On top of that, I also have a massive end base. It's taken me over a year to build just the terrain, and it's still not even finished, mainly because it's getting boring. However, I'd still truly love to see this base completed, and I'd hate to lose the builds on this map that I am proud of. But for a reset that would fix mansions, evenly generate new ocean biomes and structures, and give me a chance to start fresh with a whole new set of ideas, I'd happily give up my base for that. Just like Tez said, we should be used to this cycle by now. It's just how a griefing/raiding server works. We build, we lose, we learn, we build again, and this time, better.

4. New hostile mob that no one saw coming... The Drowned.

https://t.co/gYVAGvSq3h?amp=1

5. Im curious if this means people can farm for tridents by drowning zombies from a zombie spawner. Could be too op if when converted, they have the chance to spawn weapons like zillagers can. Outside of that, I like the idea of an ocean mob that's hostile. Outside of ocean monuments, oceans were too safe, there was little excitement. Now you have to avoid pufferfish and evil mer-men!

6. LOL I already designed a grinder to do just that with a auto kill and collect.

Humfry's House of Color 1.13 newest item "Tridents"

Coming to a server near you. Also they drop gold so its also a gold grinder. Mo' Money,

7. The idea of an underwater zombie clone doesn't bode well with me. Seems lazy on Mojang's part. No two-legged humanoid should be a natural part of the ocean. And since they have no swimming animation or speed boost in water, it literally just feels like a zombie accidentally fell in some water and is having trouble chasing you.

8. Edited 6 years ago by GrandpaCarl00

@NerdieBirdieYT

Honestly same, kinda disappointing to see they have tridents too. I was expecting something more challenging, or rare. I feel like it was an excuse to not use Mob A which honestly I think alot of people was thinking and be fine with

Honestly was hoping the trident would've been a more rare/mystical item too, won't be very pricy

9. Edited 6 years ago by Dennari43

There is still a possibility they fix the drowned mobs to make them fit into the water environment better. It would be cool if they had tails or fins, and could swim slightly faster than players. Or if their range attack with tridents could break boats and then they could swim up and attack you. Or if they had camouflage in reefs and you actually can't see them until they are very close to you.

10. @Dennari43 There is still a possibility they fix the drowned mobs to make them fit into the water environment better. It would be cool if they had tails or fins, and could swim slightly faster than players. Or if their range attack with tridents could break boats and then they could swim up and attack you. Or if they had camouflage in reefs and you actually can't see them until they are very close to you.

All good ideas. Although I agree with Carl - I don't think they should have tridents in the first place.

11. Just made a video about the snapshot, the trident features are just too much fun XD

12. That didnt take long to create

13. So here's a hugeee collection of shipwrecks/ocean ruins/ and shipwreck loot i've gathered

https://imgur.com/a/FLvSc

In the final verison I'm hoping shipwrecks don't spawn as often because jesus christ they spawn a fuckton

or Sign Up to reply!