1. 5 years ago

I want to clear this up for not just myself but for the server. I was told it was legal to scam until trade post it up. After scamming someone that was previously banned for scamming I was asked to return the Item. I would like to know the rules for scamming until the trade post is up.
    [22:03:35] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[VIP] greanprowler101> if anyone can sell looting 3 msg me :)
    [22:03:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <xMonkeyKingx1> .debug
    [22:03:40] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[VIP] greanprowler101> trying to get a beacon lol
    [22:03:44] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[VIP] CMSLT> i can
    [22:03:51] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[VIP] javonjw> this place is a dump TwitterBabe i sould tnt it
    [22:03:58] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[VIP] greanprowler101> oh wait there is no trading post :(
    [22:04:00] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <TwitterBabe> nuuuuu
    [22:04:04] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] cakebomb639 joined the game
    [22:04:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Flint111 joined the game
    [22:04:12] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[MVP] Jindae> .home 1
    [22:04:13] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[VIP] greanprowler101> is scamming allowed now?
    [22:04:25] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] -=[[VIP] sirchristopher10]=- Increased their [VOTE] count to: 1
    [22:04:25] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Mod] Th3GreenGamer> Thanks for voting [VIP] sirchristopher10!
    [22:04:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Mod] Th3GreenGamer> Until the tradepost is up
    [22:04:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Mod] PapaNeon> ^^
    [22:04:33] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Mod] PapaNeon> still the same I'd imagine
    [22:04:36] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[VIP] greanprowler101> yeah ill wait until its up lol

2. Scamming outside of spawn trading post is allowed, always has been. If you don't know the person well enough just don't risk it. There's really no way to regulate it outside of spawn so I doubt they have changed the rules regarding it. Crafty should have the trading post up soon, he's just awful busy so give it some time.

3. I am being asked by a mod to return the item. I woild like an answer from an admin if possible. Not trying to cause problems and i know crafty is working on it.

4. As you can see I said

[22:04:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Mod] Th3GreenGamer> Until the tradepost is up

Which was a reply to

[22:04:13] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[VIP] greanprowler101> is scamming allowed now?

What my reply was, was saying that if you were to buy the looting 3 now, you would probably get scammed until there is the tradepost and you can say "Go there or no deal". Notice how I never included the word spawn? It's because you never mentioned how such a transaction would take place without a tradepost.

Infact you seemed to pick up on this

[22:04:36] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[VIP] greanprowler101> yeah ill wait until its up lol

Scamming is and has been allowed. But never in spawn. You don't need an admin to tell you either. You listen to every staff rank, and if you had a problem you could make a forum post complaining about disliking the rule. Point is, you applied our answers to a completely different and broad question. "is scamming allowed" is a lot different from "Where can I not get scammed".

5. Edited 5 years ago by Th3GreenGamer

Channel changed from factions to general btw.

6. I missed the message after the last one. ill give the item back. but maybe you guys should try and get on page with the rules. your def stretching on that one green. anywhere but trade post is anywhere but trade post.... wish i was friends with staff so i could have the rules changed in my favor like @alarmgv12

[22:03:58] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[VIP] greanprowler101> oh wait there is no trading post :(
    [22:04:25] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] -=[[VIP] sirchristopher10]=- Increased their [VOTE] count to: 1
    [22:04:25] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Mod] Th3GreenGamer> Thanks for voting [VIP] sirchristopher10!
    [22:04:33] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Mod] PapaNeon> still the same I'd imagine
    [22:04:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Mod] PapaNeon> it's fine anywhere but the tradepost

7. @greanprowler101 I missed the message after the last one. ill give the item back. but maybe you guys should try and get on page with the rules. your def stretching on that one green. anywhere but trade post is anywhere but trade post.....

No Scamming In the Trading Post - The trading post is meant to be a safe place for players to trade items without fear of getting scammed. Until the trading post is complete in the new map, spawn will be covered by the no scamming rule.
    Directly from the rules.

8. That was changed after the scam btw.

9. I checked after i did it. Was updated like 5 mins ago

10. Well now you know, it wasnt because anyone being friends with staff. It was how Crafty wanted.

11. I just updated the rules, we are in a bit of an awkward situation by not having the trading post complete yet. For the time being, I ask that players refrain from scamming in spawn areas as well as exercise caution in who they choose to trade with as we are not able to police everything. In the case that you don't trust a player yet still want to trade, please ask a staff to observe the trade.

12. @CraftyMyner I just updated the rules, we are in a bit of an awkward situation by not having the trading post complete yet. For the time being, I ask that players refrain from scamming in spawn areas as well as exercise caution in who they choose to trade with as we are not able to police everything. In the case that you don't trust a player yet still want to trade, please ask a staff to observe the trade.

Thank you for all your time working on everything, hope it won't take you too much longer to finish it all. Definitely need a few pizzas after all that hard work

13. @greanprowler101 I missed the message after the last one. ill give the item back. but maybe you guys should try and get on page with the rules. your def stretching on that one green. anywhere but trade post is anywhere but trade post.... wish i was friends with staff so i could have the rules changed in my favor like @alarmgv12

[22:04:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Mod] PapaNeon> it's fine anywhere but the tradepost

Hmmm yes it's almost like me and PapaNeon are different people.

14. @Th3GreenGamer Hmmm yes it's almost like me and PapaNeon are different people.

-image-

15. Green. You both told me it was allowed. Then you guys come at me like im breaking rules. You were in the wrong... not me. I returned the item. Thank you crafty for uodating the rules.

16. @greanprowler101 Green. You both told me it was allowed. Then you guys come at me like im breaking rules. You were in the wrong... not me. I returned the item. Thank you crafty for uodating the rules.

Point is, you applied our answers to a completely different and broad question. "is scamming allowed" is a lot different from "Where can I not get scammed".

Replace "our" with my.

17. Stretching... its fine to be wrong.. just stop blamming me for it lol

18. well i was ip banned. thanks for the good times guys

19. I was about to make myself some popcorn and eat the fuckers to see this shit going on, but it's too late. :(

20. Can i just clear some things up. As i see it:

On the last map there had been no need for a ruling as we had the trade post which brought sanity to trading with others by protecting trades there. In the absence of the trading post on this map there was some confusion as to whether scamming was allowed in spawn and two people got different rulings in good faith causing the misunderstanding that happened.

Crafty made a ruling this morning to help sort this out and the rules were updated accordingly so from now until the trade post is up scamming in spawn is illegal.

Never-the-less be careful who you trade with.

However to those considering scamming, your reputation is your most valuable asset on Crafty Mynes, so think very carefully before risking losing it! Ten minutes gain may lose you trust for a very great deal longer.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!