Uh, random death?

1. 5 years ago
    Edited 5 years ago by GrandpaCarl00

So this morning I've just logged on to found out that I died, however, I was not presented with the respawn screen and back at my .home and I have absolutely 0 recollection of ever dying.

The last time I logged out I was flying to another woodland mansion; I was getting relatively in closer range to the location of such and I was flying at roughly 800-1.3k blocks in the air or somewhere around that range, more so the reason I do that is I can go afk for a short time and not constantly be watching the screen to make sure I don't ram headfirst into the ground, I've logged out before at this altitude with no repercussions before and suddenly this happens, when I was flying last night and still high up in the air, I decided that I wanted to go to sleep so I log out of the game, close my laptop, and call it night.

Even now I just woke up and i'm very drowsly typing this up; I legit have no idea how I randomly died and I only found this out now- Please help! the only idea I could think at from such an altitude from logging out either a bug went into action that didn't happen previously, or the game didn't process the fact I left until much later, both with has never happened to me before

https://imgur.com/a/9W4kE7O

2. Well, I know how you died. A phantom caught up to you.

[01:07:31] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [MVP] GrandpaCarl00 was slain by Phantom
    [01:07:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [MVP] GrandpaCarl00 left the game
    [01:07:45] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Mod] Julipukki> oo rip
    [01:07:45] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[MVP] Eberk91> RIP
    [01:07:49] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[MVP] Eberk91> rage quit
    [01:07:50] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Helper] JaceNeedsCoffee> rage quit
    [01:07:57] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[MVP] Eberk91> lol
    [01:08:13] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Mod] Julipukki> i think he was just afk *shrug*

3. Edited 5 years ago by GrandpaCarl00

That's weird; I legit left the game in air via elytra so I have no idea how that could've happened, I have died to phantoms previously but I hadn't really dealt with them yesterday; Are you sure this was last night? I didn't go afk

What makes it, even more the stranger that I was automatically respawned and not shown the respawn/go back to title screen thingy

I'm out of my mind confused rn

4. The logs I pulled that from are dated the 18th at 1 am EST, in other words, last night/this morning.

5. Edited 5 years ago by Fingerbib

i was there n saw u die in chat, sry dad :((

6. A phantom killed me the other day. My first death on the 1.13 server. 36 levels gone, now I'm at 16 smh. Phantoms can go and do one.

7. One does not simply logs off while flying with an elytra. :o

or Sign Up to reply!