There's Something In The Air...

1. ‹ Older
  2. 3 years ago

I mean, Crafty chose the time he did for a reason, if he'd waited people would be upset he didn't update it immediately. It's a 24/7 server- not all the resources are going to be gone by the time you're off work lol

3. @ImKopi I mean, Crafty chose the time he did for a reason, if he'd waited people would be upset he didn't update it immediately. It's a 24/7 server- not all the resources are going to be gone by the time you're off work lol

My team and I are organizing a large-scale egg run, where we need to be online as soon as the server restarts. It's not the resources we're worried about, it's the egg :P

4. That's great for you- I can't play at end of work day, so shouldn't we accommodate for me? No, because it's a 24/7 server. If someone works 2nd or 3rd shift, they won't be available when you are. I get it's not your ideal situation, but like you said- can't please everyone. Crafty set the time. It's his server.

5. grrr, I've been up since... (i don't even know anymore, something like 2 days) waiting for this release, What do you propose would be the best time?

https://www.strawpoll.me/20418365

6. Usually, if we don't update right away its followed closely by a bunch of people wondering whey their client isn't working and all the new players we miss by staying back in this critical time. Mojang made it public they would be releasing on the 23rd so there was lots of warning.

7. Edited 3 years ago by onionpaste

@ImKopi That's great for you- I can't play at end of work day, so shouldn't we accommodate for me? No, because it's a 24/7 server. If someone works 2nd or 3rd shift, they won't be available when you are. I get it's not your ideal situation, but like you said- can't please everyone. Crafty set the time. It's his server.

I'm not saying we should please individual players, I'm saying we should reset during peak hours because that's statistically when the most number of players will be available. It's not a question of you or me, it's for the majority :P

@CraftyMyner Usually, if we don't update right away its followed closely by a bunch of people wondering whey their client isn't working and all the new players we miss by staying back in this critical time. Mojang made it public they would be releasing on the 23rd so there was lots of warning.

@CraftyMyner If you have access to the server statistics/logs, could you tell us when the peak hours most commonly are? From my experience, the most number of players are on in evening EST, but I would like confirmation. If you can calculate the peak hours, then you should schedule the reset for those.

By the way, I appreciate you hosting a poll for this, but a few things I noticed are that people who are currently busy can't fill out the poll, and these are probably the same people who can't hop on in half an hour for the reset. Also, if you split up the vote between 11 options then the current option (8 AM PST) is obviously way more likely to get the most number of votes.

I appreciate you coming to the community about this. Instead of a poll, which could be biased, could you just calculate whenever the peak hours are and reset according to that? Thank you! :)

8. I work an hour after the projected release. If we delay it till then i wont be able to be there. Is it fair to me that i dont get to see the release of the builds ive been painstakingly making over the last 5 or 6 months when theyre released to the world? Not really, but it helps the server to release earlier, so ill take that small glimpse over none at all

9. I've become kind of nocturnal and stay up for most of the morning, and it's finally paid off.

10. @onionpaste I'm not saying we should please individual players, I'm saying we should reset during peak hours because that's statistically when the most number of players will be available. It's not a question of you or me, it's for the majority :P

@CraftyMyner If you have access to the server statistics/logs, could you tell us when the peak hours most commonly are? From my experience, the most number of players are on in evening EST, but I would like confirmation. If you can calculate the peak hours, then you should schedule the reset for those.

By the way, I appreciate you hosting a poll for this, but a few things I noticed are that people who are currently busy can't fill out the poll, and these are probably the same people who can't hop on in half an hour for the reset. Also, if you split up the vote between 11 options then the current option (8 AM PST) is obviously way more likely to get the most number of votes.

I appreciate you coming to the community about this. Instead of a poll, which could be biased, could you just calculate whenever the peak hours are and reset according to that? Thank you! :)

+1

11. I see 3 peak times, 8AM PST, 2PM PST and 8PM PST, based on the fact there is 3 peaks, I can say we have a diverse audience that works at all times of the day.

12. Deleted 3 years ago by Blackened_Dawn
  13. @CraftyMyner I see 3 peak times, 8AM PST, 2PM PST and 8PM PST, based on the fact there is 3 peaks, I can say we have a diverse audience that works at all times of the day.

Got it. Thanks.

14. Deleted 3 years ago by Blackened_Dawn
  15. Deleted 3 years ago by ImKopi
  16. Deleted 3 years ago by Blackened_Dawn
  17. Deleted 3 years ago by Blackened_Dawn
  18. Deleted 3 years ago by Blackened_Dawn
  19. Deleted 3 years ago by Blackened_Dawn
  20. Deleted 3 years ago by Blackened_Dawn
  21. Deleted 3 years ago by Blackened_Dawn
  22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!