If you are not living under a rock you will know that Minecraft 1.16 is coming out very soon. This update is all about the nether with new blocks, biomes, and gameplay. We had been toying with the idea of a partial reset but for many reasons, we will be resetting everything for 1.16.
* Our current world is over 450GB in size and showing signs of age. Hangs, crashes, and other performance issues are a regular occurrence.
* I have been forced to delete files due to the sheer amount of storage required to not only hold the world but back it up in more than one place.
* In the past, partial resets have always ended up in corruption and broken game mechanics.
* Due to many unpatched dup glitches in previous versions of Minecraft, the economy has been polluted with large quantities of illegitimate items. A reset will help re-balance the economy especially with the new items available in 1.16.
* Resetting will let us take advantage of new features.
Minecraft 1.16 brings a lot more than just changes to the nether, a very recent and understated feature is the addition of custom dimensions. One of the biggest reasons for the lag found on the current server is entities (over 70%), with custom dimensions we can move areas like spawn and PVP arenas out of the overworld and into their own dimension. We can then turn off entity killing, set the light level to full, and remove all the functions protecting spawn from players. PVP and parkour will be in their own void dimension requiring the client to load less and run better for critical timing activities. We also have ideas for events and other special uses of custom dimensions.
We hope you understand the decision to reset was not one we take lightly, all options were explored and this is the best one we found moving forward.
PS: As always, you will be able to purchase your base as a singleplayer map after the reset, due to the size of the map we will not be providing the whole world.