There's Something In The Air...

1. 3 years ago

-image-

If you are not living under a rock you will know that Minecraft 1.16 is coming out very soon. This update is all about the nether with new blocks, biomes, and gameplay. We had been toying with the idea of a partial reset but for many reasons, we will be resetting everything for 1.16.

* Our current world is over 450GB in size and showing signs of age. Hangs, crashes, and other performance issues are a regular occurrence.

* I have been forced to delete files due to the sheer amount of storage required to not only hold the world but back it up in more than one place.

* In the past, partial resets have always ended up in corruption and broken game mechanics.

* Due to many unpatched dup glitches in previous versions of Minecraft, the economy has been polluted with large quantities of illegitimate items. A reset will help re-balance the economy especially with the new items available in 1.16.

* Resetting will let us take advantage of new features.

Minecraft 1.16 brings a lot more than just changes to the nether, a very recent and understated feature is the addition of custom dimensions. One of the biggest reasons for the lag found on the current server is entities (over 70%), with custom dimensions we can move areas like spawn and PVP arenas out of the overworld and into their own dimension. We can then turn off entity killing, set the light level to full, and remove all the functions protecting spawn from players. PVP and parkour will be in their own void dimension requiring the client to load less and run better for critical timing activities. We also have ideas for events and other special uses of custom dimensions.

We hope you understand the decision to reset was not one we take lightly, all options were explored and this is the best one we found moving forward.

PS: As always, you will be able to purchase your base as a singleplayer map after the reset, due to the size of the map we will not be providing the whole world.

2. Any insight on when you plan on resetting the server?

3. @akurokatari Any insight on when you plan on resetting the server?

We are in good shape to release when Mojang releases, I heard they were targeting the 23rd.

4. So SO excited :D

5. This should be very interesting! Happy to see my first reset on the server and for the change in pace. Good luck to everyone going for the egg! ☺️

6. Thank you Crafty and other admins! :)

7. :D

8. Great! Thanks for all the good work on the top! Cant wait for this and it is only days away! :D :D

9. Poggers

10. It's that time again...

11. I like this shit. Not a big fan of losing shit but it's Minecraft and it's time for a change. :D

More blocks to play with in 1.16, some very interesting blocks.

What's best, Crying Obsidian is incoming in this update, that's gonna be lit af :D

12. I just like the idea of all the goth style builds and other fun uses of the darker bricks

13. I was going for more of a dwarven theme, but whever you wanna call it, there is still more to be seen ^w^

14. 1.16 Finally Launched ! ! !

15. Edited 3 years ago by CraftyMyner

UPDATING IN ONE HOUR 8AM PST!!!

16. YEET

17. Edited 3 years ago by onionpaste

@CraftyMyner Could you update at some other time today, either late afternoon or early evening? It's a work day and 8 AM PST doesn't seem to offer all players a chance to start at the same time (end run!)

@Venetorem @Blackened_Dawn @rnc2011 @Nysic

18. Players are from all over the world- your late afternoon/early evening may be someone's 2 am and that's not fair to them. There's no time that would be "fair" to everyone on an international server.

19. @onionpaste @CraftyMyner Could you update at some other time today, either late afternoon or early evening? It's a work day and 8 AM PST doesn't seem to offer all players a chance to start at the same time (end run!)

@Venetorem @Blackened_Dawn @rnc2011 @Nysic

+1 from me

20. @ImKopi Players are from all over the world- your late afternoon/early evening may be someone's 2 am and that's not fair to them. There's no time that would be "fair" to everyone on an international server.

The majority of the CraftyMynes player base is in the U.S., so it makes sense to start when a majority of players are off work/available. Of course, it's impossible to please everyone, but we should try to please the majority :)

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!