Rule Enforcement

1. 7 years ago

[deleted]

12 May 2016

Hello everyone !

My first forum post ... in YEARS ! Glad to be back to craftymynes.
    Just a quick introduction on who I am first perhaps:

I'm a pretty "old" player. Craftymynes was letterly my first minecraft server, back before the map had ever even resetted once.
    I wouldn't describe myself as a bad guy. Sure .. I have my flaws. But I do so love helping people too.

My biggest flaw probably is that I just can't stand injustice. In ancient times, I'd be one of these peeps standing on the barracades during the french revolution :D.

-image-

This flaw actually brought me here on the forums. Rnc actually suggest I should :).

The rules ... I think it's pretty clear why they're here.
    We need to be able to kick or bann these advertisers or spammers.
    Posting 30 lines of spam a minute ... it makes chat really hard.

HOWEVER !

Does that mean that staff should jump on every ... single ... little ... bit .. of accidentally putting 3 words in capslock by accident ?

If someone keeps writing everything in capslock .. I can understand. but .. for every single time ... even nearly a minute after someone apologises for accidentally putting someting in capslock ?

all it does is scare players to use chat O.O and boost the ego of these *cough* helpers.

-image-

And this is just the tip of the iceberg. I haven't even mentioned character spam.

=> A little story:

Imagine you use the random teleport, and you start mining. you have good gear on you, a good pickaxe, food, and then you notice you accidentally brought all your emeralds. when you want to teleport back, you get attacked by some mobs and die.

Are you going to say " .no." or " noooo !"

if you say simply " no" then .. i'm sorry but there is something wrong with you.

However ... when you say noooo, you will practically get spammed by every ... single .... staff member online to warn you for character spam ... like ... as if you were in ANY way harming the server.

-----

I'm not saying staff should all be thrown in jail for this xD. But I hope they will read this players perspective if these actions they take on every day.

thanks
    Bleufirefly out

2. I got to be in a screenshot! xD
    Caw!

3. Ya second image ain't showin, bud

4. §2Bleufirefly§r fell from a high place
    [22:15:35] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] §2Bleufirefly§r left the game
    [22:15:39] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] §2Bleufirefly§r joined the game
    [22:15:45] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§2Bleufirefly§r> nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    [22:15:46] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] -=[Skrub_L0rd]=- Increased their [VOTE] count to: 16
    [22:15:46] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§6Dannysharks§r> Thanks for Voting: Skrub_L0rd
    [22:15:54] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§6Beedobi§r> watch the character spam
    [22:15:57] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§6Dannysharks§r> character spa, bleu
    [22:16:13] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§2Bleufirefly§r> thats not spam
    [22:16:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§2Bleufirefly§r> and you know it
    [22:16:20] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§6Beedobi§r> yes, it is
    [22:16:22] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§2Bleufirefly§r> get sand outa your vagina
    [22:16:29] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Click [VOTE 1] and [VOTE 2] For free Food and XP!
    [22:16:37] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§2Bleufirefly§r> its the expression of someone just dying and losing all his stuff
    [22:16:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Noah9988 left the game
    [22:16:39] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§6Beedobi§r> character spam = using one letter more than needed
    [22:16:46] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§frnc2011§r> dont say that in chat
    [22:16:47] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§2Bleufirefly§r> again
    [22:16:50] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§2Bleufirefly§r> it was an expression
    [22:16:50] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] §2Bleufirefly§r left the game

5. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

There is no excuses for breaking the rules.
    Staff deliver warnings to people to keep track of offenders and so if said person is banned they cannot complain about lack of warnings.
    Even if they apologise

Moving onto characther spam, there is absoluetely no need to do so. If we allowed everyone to do so, chat would be chock full of whining.
    Breaking the rules does harm the server BTW for that matter.

So no there is no injustices.
    Stop trying to make excuse for your breaking of rules.
    Instead listen and obey them.

6. Depending on the staff that's on you will get a different reaction to certain rules, typically a few short words or something small in caps may slide,again depends on the staff.
    As to character spam again this is also dependent on the judgement of the staff, noooo is fine to me i wouldnt warn over it
    [22:15:45] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§2Bleufirefly§r> nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu <--- this is clearly character spam

7. Yea, 19 u's is a bit excessive...

8. Hold that L @bleufirefly

9. So what the fuck is this, then, Bleu?

"[22:16:22] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§2Bleufirefly§r> get sand outa your vagina"

You come back on the server after quitting and within 3 days you've already established whats wrong with the server and what isnt?

Just because you are an old player, this does not exempt you from the rules . The staff members involved gave you a verbal warning, not a kicking warning, and you proceed to argue with them about how to do their jobs by being extremely insulting.

The rule is in place to avoid indirect spam, which has happened in the past, during the time you decided to disapear, but since you weren't here, I guess you have a say on what to do and what not to do?

10. TL:DR Accept the rules for what they are or get out.

11. @The_Green_Gamer TL:DR Accept the rules for what they are or get out.

Thats not entirely true.
    Staff will always be open to suggestions on how to improve the server, that includes the rules.
    However the proper place to do it is in a suggestion thread with clear reasons as to why it should be modfied.
    Not whining about the rules because they dont suit you and you think staff are meanies.

12. @GibsonAxe Depending on the staff that's on you will get a different reaction to certain rules, typically a few short words or something small in caps may slide,again depends on the staff.
    As to character spam again this is also dependent on the judgement of the staff, noooo is fine to me i wouldnt warn over it
    [22:15:45] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§2Bleufirefly§r> nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu <--- this is clearly character spam

Personally I agree with Gibz in this case; depends on staff how flexible they can be in certain situations, some will enforce the rules with greater emphasis, others will let it slide. It depends, as stated before.

and @bleufirefly:
    We know each other from a long time ago, I watched how u became part of CraftyMynes staff, how u quit, u saw me joining staff and moving up the ranks. We used to live together. I know you. You are not like that.

"[22:16:22] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§2Bleufirefly§r> get sand outa your vagina"

So what I think it happened it was just not you. We dont know whats going on behind each screen when we are playing, but I suggest to every player to keep their problems away from this fantastic world where we can escape from that reality, either to relax from a hard day or just to avoid the problems.
    Don't, i repeat to everyone, don't bring any of your problems to ANY server. Its just not the way to play minecraft in my opinion.

Cheers to all and happy to see you again Bleu.

13. @bleufirefly
    -image-

Sorry this is off topic, but that guy on the left, not gonna lie, thought it was Abraham Lincoln at first lol. Maybe it is and I'm not crazy, but probably. Hope you get the same kick out of that picture that I did, please don't hate :)

14. -image-
    There is a picture I got off google for reference, sorry for the poor quality, its an old photo, and sorry for being off topic....

15. tsu

13 May 2016 Suspended

Lmfao he pulled a mind

16. Deleted 7 years ago by r4iscool1
  17. Deleted 7 years ago by r4iscool1
  18. This threads issue has been answered. Locked

Nysic

or Sign Up to reply!