best tpa traps

1. 7 years ago

following wblains epic fail, the thread was super popular about tpa traps and the best ones
    i think a new thread would be appropriate

2. Edited 7 years ago by Derndeff

So yes, let's restate what we came up with.

Idea: Obsidian "gas" chamber

Description: Make an obsidian "gas" chamber that uses splash potions of damage from dispensers in the roof to kill the player.
    You can fairly easily station yourself in the chamber, accept the tpa, and hit a button that activates a 2 redstone tick clocked circuit to fire the dispensers while you log off. Make sure the dispensers and non-obsidian walls are far out of reach and cannot be reached before dying from damage.

Cons: A quick-thinking player might know to log off when in the chamber. However, this will not waste the automatic firing so long as the chunks remain unloaded and are only loaded by the victim's logging in. (Use this in a remote location, and make sure you teleport out of the chamber rather than logging off if you fear a smart player)

Credit to _Confederacy_

3. *dispenser dropper wont work

4. :D

5. @Derndeff So yes, let's restate what we came up with.

Description: Make an obsidian "gas" chamber that uses splash potions of damage from dispensers in the roof to kill the player.
    You can fairly easily station yourself in the chamber, accept the tpa, and hit a button that activates a 2 redstone tick clocked circuit to fire the dispensers while you log off. Make sure the dispensers and non-obsidian walls are far out of reach and cannot be reached before dying from damage.

Cons: A quick-thinking player might know to log off when in the chamber. However, this will not waste the automatic firing so long as the chunks remain unloaded and are only loaded by the victim's logging in. (Use this in a remote location, and make sure you teleport out of the chamber rather than logging off if you fear a smart player)

Credit to _Confederacy_

Log off get alt or friend dismantle trap

6. Edited 7 years ago by Pimpcy

Attack an afk Player and hold them hostage until they give you art

7. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

@Pimpcy Attack an afk Player and hold them hostage until they give you art

*coords

8. @Derndeff So yes, let's restate what we came up with.

Credit to _Confederacy_

Thank you ;)

Build it 5 blocks wide and 10 blocks up and make it dark so when they tpa they won't know what is happening, it's just dark, and making a water fall elevated up to the dispenser is out of survival reach, which will further delay their escape and promote death rate.

And if they have slow internet, which forces them to load the terrain for 5-10 seconds, then they are dead before they can even see what has happened.

9. i hve to load the terrain for 2 seconds..when it doesnt load i look like im falling down through a chunk with no blocks in it but is surrounded with blocks in other chunks

10. That happens when I tp to spawn,

Keep In mind when you are lagging like this your avatar is subject to damage from other players, environment/ mobs.

11. I think I have created the best possible tpa trap. It puts the player in a 2x2 space where they are unable to break or place blocks. Arrows or harming potions can be fired into the space, and lava can be added at head height for extra fun. I believe that other than tping out or getting another player to dismantle the trap, there is no way out, even with ender pearls.

I wonder if anyone can figure out how I did it.

12. Keep in mind, it's nearly or completely impossible to kill a smart player with a trap. For all of these, note that chorus fruit could be used to escape before death (and ender pearls for less effective traps). Also note that people could eat gapples before teleporting to the trapper. If the regeneration heals them faster than the damage they receive, they could just teleport away once they realize it's a trap.

Additionally, all these creative ideas about combining lava with potions and attacking, etc., won't work as effectively as planned: While a player is flashing red from taking damage, they can't be damaged unless they receive more damage than the damage they just received. With lava, potions, and attacking, most of the time the player will only receive the lava damage. Milk buckets could be used to cure poison otherwise.

13. @NutjobBob I think I have created the best possible tpa trap. It puts the player in a 2x2 space where they are unable to break or place blocks. Arrows or harming potions can be fired into the space, and lava can be added at head height for extra fun. I believe that other than tping out or getting another player to dismantle the trap, there is no way out, even with ender pearls.

Haha I thought of a funny way to do this. Fill the trap with tons of zombies or something (spiders would fit nicely) so that the player doesn't have any room to mine out.

Or did you use some piston based contraption which pushes them so they can't mine...?

14. @NutjobBob I think I have created the best possible tpa trap. It puts the player in a 2x2 space where they are unable to break or place blocks. Arrows or harming potions can be fired into the space, and lava can be added at head height for extra fun. I believe that other than tping out or getting another player to dismantle the trap, there is no way out, even with ender pearls.

Hmmm im assuming you used like pistons with the hay bales thing, and then the top has dispensers but that leaves a few unanswered questions.
    Another option is that you somehow get into a bedrock hole and trap them.

15. @FishW Hmmm im assuming you used like pistons with the hay bales thing, and then the top has dispensers but that leaves a few unanswered questions.
    Another option is that you somehow get into a bedrock hole and trap them.

Sorry for going off topic, but this brings up a question: @Nysic @Blackened_Dawn (because I think these admins are active on the forums) Are we allowed to make holes in the overworld that go into the void?

16. @Triatomic you won't be able to as that would require breaking bedrock which requires creative mode.

17. Edited 7 years ago by NutjobBob

@Triatomic Are we allowed to make holes in the overworld that go into the void?

No, see this thread:
    link

@Triatomic Keep in mind, it's nearly or completely impossible to kill a smart player with a trap.

True, theres nothing to stop them tping out before taking damage. However combined regen from a gapple and full saturation is still not enough to regen from harming potions. Even taking the damage cooldown into account

@Triatomic Fill the trap with tons of zombies or something

Nope. You could just kill them and mine out

@Triatomic Or did you use some piston based contraption which pushes them so they can't mine

Also nope. When your head is in a block you can still mine it. I guess with a fast enough cobble gen you might keep them stuck in there but that's not what I did

@Triatomic chorus fruit could be used to escape before death

This can be easily prevented by removing all valid tp spaces around the trap

18. @FishW im assuming you used like pistons with the hay bales thing

Neat, hadn't seen this before. With the changes to pistons in 1.9 it's fairly easy to ender pearl out though.

@FishW somehow get into a bedrock hole and trap them

Also nope :)

19. @Nysic @Triatomic you won't be able to as that would require breaking bedrock which requires creative mode.

@NutjobBob No, see this thread:
    link

@Nysic it doesn't require creative mode, but @NutjobBob thank you for clarifying with that post. I read Crafty's response and he doesn't allow breaking bedrock.

@NutjobBob This can be easily prevented by removing all valid tp spaces around the trap

That's a lot of work to make an 8x8x8 cube, but I supposed good traps need hard work. I'll keep thinking.

20. @Triatomic undThat's a lot of work to make an 8x8x8 cubeefined

There's a few 'blocks' that prevent chorus fruit teleportation. For example water or repeaters, just flood the place!

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!