Remove or Nerf all Spawn Villager Trader

1. 7 years ago

Im expecting a lot of hate or adverse reaction over this suggestion, but IMO spawn villager trader should be removed or reverted back to vanilla villager trader. They are subject to abuse. Instead of interacting and trading with real players, people tend to just trade with them. Players can easily become rich with these villagers by building very simple farms hitting the economy of the server.

2. which simple farms do you speak of? they already nerfed the jeweler pumpkin trade. And I have my own farmer villager and butcher villager.

3. pumpkins, crops, raw fish etc. And people in this forum keep suggesting to add more villager for their needs (e.g. recently wool, some say spider eyes). Why? Because maybe they have surplus of these items or theyre lazy to gather them in the conventional way. I dont know. Im just saying we should trade more with ourselves (the players) rather than the spawn villagers. Or as you said make your own village trading.

4. @_Drachenzorn_ pumpkins, crops, raw fish etc. And people in this forum keep suggesting to add more villager for their needs (e.g. recently wool, some say spider eyes). Why? Because maybe they have surplus of these items or theyre lazy to gather them in the conventional way. I dont know. Im just saying we should trade more with ourselves (the players) rather than the spawn villagers. Or as you said make your own village trading.

the crops are fine as you cnt auto farm them without planting yourself,

5. Yea, I make a decent fortune off of carrots, I woud make it 24-32 carrots per emmy, and reduce the amount you can sell before you have to wait for the villager.

6. Edited 7 years ago by _Drachenzorn_

@TheForgotten20 the crops are fine as you cnt auto farm them without planting yourself,

really? cause I have an afk farm that makes double chest of crops in just a few minutes without the feel of "replanting""

7. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

What about the players that already used the villagers to get rich? Unless you think of something about those players, removing the villagers would be a huge disadvantage to new and current players.

In my opinion, its best to keep it as is to prevent economy breaking even further.

8. Yeh sure, people tend to trade more with villagers than with players:

https://forum.craftymynes.com/conversations/buy-sell

If it wasnt for the villagers at spawn, half of these people would neither have:

• that much emeralds to buy their stuff from librarians/other villagers
    • buyers with emeralds enough to buy the stuff they resell with a fee

The more emeralds we have on the server's economy, the more likely are trades to happen, in my shit opinion.

9. Edited 7 years ago by Valgys

I think about a year ago I was totally about more villagers in spawn, but I see the advantages of having less. It forced me to either make my own or interact with the community, both of which I think led to a more fun experience on the server. That said, I think the villagers we have now is good, save one more I desperately need that can buy all my surplus seeds and poisonous potatoes, even if for just one emerald.

Also wouldn't be against another nerf to the diamond vendor, just because of the impact to the economy and I hardly use him (so I have no stockpile of diamonds). Just please don't touch my iron vendor lol!

But it only makes sense to do considerable vendor changes if we ever reset the map for reasons @Cileklim stated.

10. i 100% think the pumpkin one should be turned into 1stack for an emerald or just removed, it breaks the game

11. @Quartz_King i 100% think the pumpkin one should be turned into 1stack for an emerald or just removed, it breaks the game

@ZenithW shit they found us! Go! Go ! Go!

12. hmm

13. Edited 7 years ago by TheForgotten20

@Quartz_King i 100% think the pumpkin one should be turned into 1stack for an emerald or just removed, it breaks the game

nah, actually if you think about it 8 for 1 emmy isnt that bad, after all its 8. i wouldnt mind nerfing it to 12 or smthing because 8 is quite alot, a whole stack of pmpkins is only 8 emmies and emmies dnt translate into that many diamonds, so IMO its pretty balanced

to make 10 DB or 90 dias you need 45 emmies->dia trades, and since it takes 2 stacks to make a single emmy trade, thats 90 stacks of pumpkins only for 10 diamond blocks, around a double chest and a normal chest.

14. @Quartz_King i 100% think the pumpkin one should be turned into 1 stack for an emerald or just removed, it breaks the game

It wouldn't help much to do that my farmers will trade them for 10 pumpkins to 1 emerald. where it hurts is emeralds to diamonds that has been nerfed. If you really want to hurt people nerf the iron trade with jeweler its unlimited trades and if you have an iron farm like many do you can acquire wealth quickly. fyi i say leave it alone it encourages people to build above ground.

15. Remove all the villagers!

16. All things aside I feel that @_Drachenzorn_ Is correct people rely on the villagers to much, instead of player to player interaction.

17. Okay I'll start selling dubs of rotten flesh hmu

18. emearld per stack? lol

19. @OmegaSniper4eva All things aside I feel that @_Drachenzorn_ Is correct people rely on the villagers to much, instead of player to player interaction.

Yep, that's one of my main reason. TBH, Im one of the many who also trade with villagers (I sell pumpkins and raw fish and carrots and other crops) and I'll be also affected. However, I also see how I easily become rich and be abusive of the system. I find trading with players a long process but I like the haggling and interacting.

Im wondering what the staff think about this. Weird, that there are still no comments from any of them.

20. @OmegaSniper4eva emearld per stack? lol

Lol sure if u wanna buy xD

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!