1. 7 years ago

@CraftyMyner What's the percentage of a server reset at the moment?

2. While I can't speak for Crafty, It's not something you can just put a percentage on.
    Even putting the likelihood in vague terms would probably be inappropriate.

3. While a lot of core players have already handed in their opnion, there was no official poll yet so staff can most likeley not really tell rn if a reset is really wanted or if just those who do happen wo be more active in the forums then those who don't. Therefore I'd say it's too early to ask for information like that

4. @CraftyMyner Why don't you just take a poll?

5. Edited 7 years ago by cepheid

While I do think a poll would be useful, some individual topics that have been discussed and debated (spawn eggs and converted spawn era, for example) concern both short and long term consequences, and I don't think a simple "should we reset? Yes/No" poll can adequately account for everything

6. How was the poll look like when we reset 1.8???

7. @ZenithW How was the poll look like when we reset 1.8???

There was no official poll for the 1.8 -> 1.9 reset. People said their opinions on the forum; Crafty made a decision (or maybe staff voted IDK). Ultimately a number of factors made a reset inevitable sooner or later. Eventually we'll need a server reset again, but it's somewhat up to community whether we have hit that point yet.

8. Edited 7 years ago by Yelloms

We did a poll to reset after the hack in 1.8, mainly because we had lost weeks of work, which pushed a lot of people (including myself) to vote for a reset. The poll was still close if I remember correctly.

The hardest part about the poll is making sure all players know about it. A lot of players do not frequent the forums, so conducting a poll exclusively on the forums could skew the results. During the poll, Crafty made a prompt in game, like the vote link, for the poll, which I thought was a fair way to go about it.

I think giving the poll an active week of voting OR advertising for a week with in-game server messages when the poll will take place, would be the most accurate gauge of player opinions.

Of course all of this is pure speculation and opinion, ultimately the choice is up to Crafty.

9. Why did you need to make an entire new thread just to ask Crafty something

10. ^ You can pm him directly on the forums

11. I support a poll to decide this.

or Sign Up to reply!