Unable to play servers

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by ExoticButterz_

For some reason I am unable to download the Minecraft native launcher therefore I am unable to play Minecraft. I've deleted and temporarily disabled all my ant-virus apps and protectors. I've also tried taking advice from other forums and looking into common solutions but nothing has worked so far. It would be great to be able to play again and I hope this problem clears up soon, but atm I am unsure what to do. Java is also not downloading for some reason. I don't know if the download's problem for java is the same for Minecraft's. Help?

2. have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling minecraft?

3. yes, multiple times

4. do you have the latest java version?
    do you experience wifi lag?
    do you have a lot of metal near you? (Metal blocks signal, like in an elevator)
    do you live near a really big wifi consuming object?
    is your router shitty?
    do you have a lot of computers connected to your wifi?

5. No
    Yes
    No
    No
    No
    I've tried to install java but that doesn't work either

6. are you getting the .minecrft.tmp file did not move to minecraftlauncher.exe message?

7. If you are getting that message launch the program again and get that window open that gives you that message. leave it on your screen and move it to the side. go to bottom left and click your window icon. find file explorer or my computer. using the message as a guide map find that file location. It goes something like this. open c drive, click program files, click minecraft, click temp file, click roaming and so on and so on until you reach the file they are talking about. once you find the file dont open it. Highlight the file namein your message its usually like minecraftinstaller.tmp just rename it to the name listed usually something like MinecraftInstaller.exe . The computer will usually ask if you really want torename it and you say yes. Then close all windows a including the message window. Next reopen minecraft and it should work. Sometimes you have to restart the computer once but then its fine. hope this helps. :)

8. Edited 7 years ago by ExoticButterz_

Thanks for the help guys, really appreciate it :)
    I didn't get the Minecraft.temp file message I just got the "unable to launch native launcher" or sometimes it's "unable to download native launcher" message.
    I'll try your solution though, humfrydog

9. Edited 7 years ago by ExoticButterz_

Should I reboot my pc? (Again)

10. Update your java if that doesn't work come back here, dont reboot there a easier fix im sure

11. Edited 7 years ago by humfrydog

have you also tried uninstalling minecraft and then download a fresh copy from mojang? make sure you have your mojang sign in and info before doing this in case you need your parents help or need to locate this info first. also here is a link to go read about a possible solution.

link text

also here is a youtube step by step to possible fix your issue

link text

12. Edited 7 years ago by ExoticButterz_

Java won't install either. I keep getting an oracle error and yes I've tried downloading a fresh copy after uninstalling the original

13. Nothing is working..

14. Edited 7 years ago by ExoticButterz_

Here's the error I get when I try to download java:
    Download failed:
    from=http://javadl.oracle.com/webapps/download/GetFile/1.8.0_131-b11/d54c1d3a095b4ff2b6607d096fa80163/windows-i586/jre.1.8.0_131full.
    msi,
    to=C:\Users\(my name :P)\AppData\LocalLow\Oracle\Java\jre1.8.0_131\jre1.8.0_131full.msi

15. Are you admin on your computer?

16. Yes

17. have you tried all the alternative download versions and the non-java version?i use the non-java on one computer and the java one on the other because of their needs

18. Not yet, but i'll try..

19. Are you having issues downloading? What are you using to download the installer? What is your OS? What is your browser?

If the file is downloading properly, but won't install. Have you tried re downloading the installer? Have you tried the legacy launcher?
    https://minecraft.net/en-us/download/alternative

Posting what steps you take to get the bug, any error messages you get, and optionally screenshots will help us help you.

20. Edited 7 years ago by ExoticButterz_

I reset my pc and now it keeps rebooting in an endless loop, i'm using Windows 10. D: rip pc

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!