Post a Reply

Nerdnation: Applications

1. 6 years ago

IGN: Czechmate
    Age/Maturity: um... it's trite but true, I'm 47, going on 2. I'm mature when called upon to be so... that is to say, when I have a duty to be so. The rest of the time I'm talking about banging someone's mom.
    Discord: Czechmate#0224
    Approximate Time on CM: Been playing on the server for a little over two weeks.
    About Me: I started playing MC because I was a new father and I knew that my children were going to be playing it endlessly. As a child of a programer in the 70's I was raised to really hack something apart and understand why programs worked. I am an original nerd. From the day's of "revenge of the nerds" and "porkies".. from the original Dungeon's and Dragon's blue basic book, I've played, or watched, or read anything that I can. I was weened on first run episodes of Star Trek.
    These are of course just generalities. I am a desparately honest individual, which probably makes me a liar, but I honestly only lie where necessary to save feelings or protect the innocent. I love multiplayer games. I love the interaction; meeting new and interesting people and learning from them. I live to teach, and try my best to pass on whatever I have learned to others so that everyone can enjoy these amazing creations that we make. To this end I served as an administrator to Kirupa.com for many years, working on logic solutions and programming fixes. I quite enjoyed the work, but keeping up on Flash was a nightmare and that aspect of a program which I saw as going no where made the exercise tiresome.
    I am a husband to the love of my life... I am a father to the most interesting people I've ever come to know. Z is eight and inquisitive about minecraft but much more into research sciences like palentology. Lex is six and is a master lego builder at this point. It is astounding how OCD he is with regard to finishing a build he's started on. I work for an industrial gasses company, and quite enjoy the job and the people. I've been doing this for 22 years now.
    I'm a yankee, but with much love and sympathy for the south and the good parts of that culture, I also like the indy scene and get along well in Portland, Seatle, or New York. Honestly, I find it hard to go anywhere and not have a good time, if there are interesting people to meet and hopefuly good beer to drink. I get along pretty well with the old and young alike.
    I consider myself a jack of all trades and a master of few. I am at home working with a router and a nice block of aged oak, or putting together a red stone contraption. I cook, I clean, I pay my taxes, (even if I think it's unconstitutional to ask me to)
    Lastly just to list off a few pros and or cons
    I like to read, canoe, camp, hike, drink GOOD beer, bbq or grill, and I try not to miss 420; I am overly empathetic to others, including those who I am not. I know that doesn't make sense, but I assure you it's true.
    Minecraft is complex and there are many things which I enjoy about it. Firstly I suppose would be just exploring topside or in mines. The game generates amazing constructs, and I am endlessly facinated by the scapes I see in game. When I'm bored of that, I work on a red stone contraption to save time, or to trap enemies. To this end I rarely work in creative mode. I prefer to have both the danger of random creeper explosions, and the need to aquire resources. When that bores me, I work on beautifying my house. I would say that this later aspect is my greatest weakness. Gather materials? I'll get you boxes full.. but make a good looking rock wall in MC and it seems to elude me. Could be my work is crap, or it could be that I'm my own worst critic. My favorite work in PVP is building traps for others to stumble upon. I'm hoping to build a rep on Craftymynes for exactly that. I like to sneak.. I like to spy.. I like to build traps.
    Former Factions: No former factions, but I served as an admin for years with Casual Mature Gamers CS:Go, and left in good standing.
    Why Join NN?: There are a number of good reasons but very simply.. you have a policy of raiding without greifing, and that is one of the first time's I've seen that in a faction. I synch very closely with this type of behavior. I want competition to exist to enhance the fun and danger, but I also hate to see people utterly demolished into a pile of smoking ash and fire. Builds are a personal thing, and when someone wrecks something that you have spent blood sweat and tears to build... well I just have a really good feeling about your attitude. In addition to that, I enjoy your kind of layed back attitude about the CraftyMynes server. Some people take this waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy to seriously. I like your touring of other active builds and other old destroyed builds. That is something that enhances everyone's time on the server, and costs you time to do. I can appreciate someone who feels that something like that is important enough to document.
    Why Should I Be Accepted?: because I'll love you long time? The above speaks for itself. I will not betray someone who has put their trust in me. I am stalwart in my affiliations. I think I'd be a good fit with the other members who I've seen in your videos so far. If they are an indication of the types of players you are recruiting, then I should be a good fit. I like to build, I like to redstone, I like to collect resources, and I'm looking for a team that can help me learn the finer arts of PvP and raiding. I'm honestly not very good at killing players yet. I'm fairly good in combat in my own games and I play on hard level.
    Mostly though... it's my name. You should have me just to have a Czechmate on your side. You never know when a czechmate will come in handy. Plus there's more to the name than just the obvious and I really only discuss that with friends.
    Other:
    If you have no open slots at the moment, please feel free to keep my application on file for future use. I will probably be flying solo unless I can find another faction as good a fit as yours.

There once was a man from Vanderloop,
    who for many months could not poop,
    I tell you no lie
    when I say he did die
    of a terrible boopadoopdoop

2. IGN:
    Cankicker8
    Age/Maturity:
    13, very mature
    Discord:
    Cankicker8#3196
    Approximate Time on CM:
    I joined in November about 2 weeks before the reset
    About Me:
    I usually like to spend my personal time either playing video games, watching youtube, or spending my time outside doing whatever.
    Former Factions:
    Strangers Company (still in it)
    Why Join NN?
    I've been getting a bit bored here on craftymynes with no current projects or events going on and i have also been seeking an active group to cure my boredom. I also like the peacefulness of the faction and its straight forward rules. I also feel that NN would be really fun to be a part of as a faction on CraftyMynes.
    Why Should You Be Accepted?
    I think i would be a great helper for the faction, i might not be all that good at PVP but i'm pretty good at building and redstone especially. I can also offer any building assistance, or maybe fund materials. I'm also really good at making mob farms, weather it be for XP, or just for mob drops, i can do it.
    Other: Sparklez is a nub confirmed boopadoopdoop.

3. Edited 6 years ago by DBZ_Killa

IGN: DBZ_Killa

Age/Maturity: 20 but I am wise like an old Man

Discord: DBZ_Killa

Approximate Time on CM: Around a month or more

About Me: I am a good builder and base finder.
    Builder- I like to build small castles, fountains, and have practiced making fast (medium efficiency creation in about 5 minutes) zombie and skeleton grinders.
    Base Finder- I have been becoming more effective at locating bases recently (see below)

Former Factions: None, but this I like the Videos this one makes.

Why Join NN: I can help raid, make cool buildings, and hopefully find some places in the End for the Team. I have been spending an extensive amount of time googling how to locate Bases in vanilla servers (entity count, where to look relative to wild teleporters, nether teleport usage) and have started to some now that I have an enchanted elytra. Additionally, I have been researching group PVP strategies and teleport traps (e.g. when a griefer tries to teleport to you) that I am anxious to use with a team.

Why Should You Be Accepted: I can make a huge difference for the team and am very creative and love to raid Bases! I do not really grief at all, other than destroying chests or breaking through walls as needed. Additionally, I have accumulated a small fortune on the server and can share it with NN as needed (sets of diamond gear mostly). I am confident I will become a productive part of your community if I am accepted.

Other:
    I am in school so sometimes I have lots of free time to play at odd hours. I am considering purchasing VIP to support the server and become more deadly with additional warps, I was about to purchase it yesterday but decided to wait to see if I can join a team. When I was younger I was really into first person shooters. Currently I spend a lot of times out doors and lifting weights. Thank you for considering my application, apologies for the brevity of my initial post.
    boopadoopdoop

4. Also, the only other member that was interested in the base was 0ptimore, and in your video he tries to kill you and your teammates, also, HustL was only in our bases to see them, then he was inactive, while 0ptimore was active and adding to the bases.

5. Edited 6 years ago by ButterChully

IGN:
    ButterChully (no alternate accounts)

Age/Maturity:
    16. Maturity is... Questionable, at best. Most of the time I have the rules at heart I'll and stick to them, but on occasion I'll try to break the Server's social rules for no other reason than having the satisfaction of annoying somebody. Though, that only really applies to the staff of the server... In terms of general players though? I exercise the utmost respect for their property and wishes. If I ever am invited into the home of another person, I would naturally want to look into their chests and see what they have, but I'd never dare to take something from them. I'm not easily upset, either.
    If you're at all familiar with the Myers Briggs personality system, then I'd have you know that I'm an INTP-T. (Introversion, Intuition, Thinking, Perceiving, Turbulent)

Discord:
    ButterChully

Approximate Time on CM:
    Ticks: 9681082 (134 hours)
    Join date: Unknown as of now, but the CraftyMynes forum says I joined it 5 weeks ago, so do with that what you will.
    I do know that the time spent is lower than your established prerequisite, but all I hope is that you'll either make an exception, or simply look upon my post once I've reached the server-side maturity that you wish to see from Nerd Nation applicants.

About Me:
    I was born and raised Down Under, so I won't be able to hang with many of you during faction peak hours. Otherwise, I'm just some kid with far too much time on his hands. I love being alone and working on my pet projects, but I still enjoy the energy of community and kinship with others. First and foremost; I love to build. Though I have yet to delve into any of my larger projects, (primarily due to creative indecision) construction and design are my favourite elements of MineCraft. Outside of virtual constructions, I do enjoy myself some strip mining, dungeon-delving, agriculture, and trade.
    In terms of real-world hobbies, I appreciate various forms of art, be it illustrated, digital, or aural, and I'm also quite fond of PCs and PC gaming. Aside from that, I love history, factual and fictional writing and reading, and on occasion; mathematics.
    I have my fair share of passions, but not many of them are too inclusive of other people, I'm afraid.

Former Factions:
    N/A
    I do not have any history with other factions or groups.

Why Join NN?
    I've been lurking around on the server for a while now, and I've since grown accustomed to many of the staff, players, and organised factions. I have amassed myself an impressive wealth of resources, and I've also become quite ambitious with my aspirations. After reviewing many of this server's largest factions, I see now that Nerd Nation most closely aligns with my aspirations and wishes (community, collaborative building, general productivity, and occasional, selective raiding.)

Why Should You Be Accepted?
    Though I doubt I'd be an instrumental component of Nerd Nation, I can't help but agree near wholeheartedly with its fundamental values and merits. My uncertainty is buried in what you do and do not consider 'fair game' when it comes to raiding.
    Other raider factions? Yes, I'm all for that. Fight fire with fire.
    Humble no-names who live their life in isolation and general neutrality? I can't ever bring myself to take from them what little they've taken from the world.

Other:
    My primary motivation for applying is to just have some people to call my own, a community of like-minded persons, as opposed to my current living situation which revolves around trying to form awkward, unstable friendships with people I hardly know.

EDIT: I do not have a microphone, so I won't be able to physically speak to others through Discord, but I can still listen to what's going on.
    boopadoopdoop

6. IGN: Djscales101

Maturity/age: My age is 12. I think i am pretty mature. I think I am mature because a lot of people tell me i am, i hang around with kids a couple years older than me, and i watch shows and video games that are pretty mature like call of duty.

Discord: Koamoi#7746

Approximate Time on CM: 6.5 million ticks.

About me: My favorite part of mincraft is that the only limit is your imagination, also the fact that you can make familys of sheep:). In real life I like to play soccer, read, and play pokemon. I have 3 dogs and a Bearded Dragon, I like pizza and sushi. In mincraft I am pretty good at PvP, I like to explore, and i like to breed sheeps.

Former Factions: I use to be in Conquest, I left because we realized that we weren't going any where. Our goals were to just hang around and mess around. The members were gminidog14, and Deadpoolpunisher.

Why Join NN? I want to join NN because i want to be part of a large faction and I want to be part of NN because i want to be part of a faction that you are not faction mates but family. What I hope to achieve is to explore the world of craftymynes. The reason that i want to join you guys is like i said before you guys are not faction mates you are family and I Ike the fact that you guys don't grief.

Why Should You Be Accepted? The reason i should be excepted is I am very active with the community, I like to share with my faction mates, people say I am likable, friendly, and funny. I have been playing for a long time not only on Craftymynes.

Other: boopadoopdoop

7. @Djscales101 IGN: Djscales101

Maturity/age: My age is 12. I think i am pretty mature. I think I am mature because a lot of people tell me i am, i hang around with kids a couple years older than me, and i watch shows and video games that are pretty mature like call of duty.

Discord: Koamoi#7746

Approximate Time on CM: 6.5 million ticks.

About me: My favorite part of mincraft is that the only limit is your imagination, also the fact that you can make familys of sheep:). In real life I like to play soccer, read, and play pokemon. I have 3 dogs and a Bearded Dragon, I like pizza and sushi. In mincraft I am pretty good at PvP, I like to explore, and i like to breed sheeps.

Former Factions: I use to be in Conquest, I left because we realized that we weren't going any where. Our goals were to just hang around and mess around. The members were gminidog14, and Deadpoolpunisher.

Why Join NN? I want to join NN because i want to be part of a large faction and I want to be part of NN because i want to be part of a faction that you are not faction mates but family. What I hope to achieve is to explore the world of craftymynes. The reason that i want to join you guys is like i said before you guys are not faction mates you are family and I Ike the fact that you guys don't grief.

Why Should You Be Accepted? The reason i should be excepted is I am very active with the community, I like to share with my faction mates, people say I am likable, friendly, and funny. I have been playing for a long time not only on Craftymynes.

Other: boopadoopdoop

i have 13 mil

8. Edited 6 years ago by Retrochewy

IGN:Retrochewy

Age/Maturity:12 now, for the people too lazy to check chat logs

Discord:nerdie knows mine

Approximate Time on CM: since September 2016 or over 20 million ticks

About Me: I can build, redstone, pvpish and i like tacos

Former Factions: SC ally, Team Aqua, Equipped, Taco Legion

Why Join NN? I love playing on craftymynes and it just doesnt feel right without someone to play with and people to survive with

Why Should You Be Accepted? Bcuz im derpy and i can help the faction by building a backup base. Also im good at redstone and mob farms and I can AFK for hours at a time. I dont ever betray and i can help with raids as i commonly find bases while mining

Other:boopadoopdoopydoop

9. @Gminipug14 Your application has been denied. Good luck elsewhere!

@Djscales101 Your application is currently tied in votes. The voting will end in about 24 hours. Thanks for waiting.

10. @Djscales101 Tonight. Few hours from now.

11. @Dennari43 @DoppyRex they have nothing else to gloat about. you gotta give them what little they have sometimes

we have probably the closest bonded faction on the server, the most raids pulled off, the longest living active faction, most riches acquired, and we are the most skilled at pvp.

but ya know, whatever makes you feel better lol, say we got nothing bucko

@GrandpaCarl00 @SharpSerac lol but ya'll are just piggy-backing off your mole tho

we didn't even get any of the riches because of our mole, we got that just because we're the best players on cm

12. @SharpSerac the longest living active faction

...*cough...