What do you need for shaders

1. 6 years ago

name applies

2. If you say your minecraft takes a lot of time to launch that you cant even wait for it, I would recommend you not adding shaders to the equation

3. There are around a google of videos on how to install shaders.
    Plus I spot some insincerity in yer threads

4. @alarmgv12 If you say your minecraft takes a lot of time to launch that you cant even wait for it, I would recommend you not adding shaders to the equation

shaders looks cool tho, any less laggy shaders?

5. They do, they look epic af, but they require a whole lot more processing power wich as far as I'm informed, you don't really have right now
    you can always google for some shaderpacks that you can after move to your new shaders folder in .minecraft folder after you have installed optifine, but that will only help you if you want to take single frame screenshots or play with the responsiveness of a powerpoint slideshow, cause it will really slow down your fps

6. is 40 fps good? :P i play on a laptop

7. Edited 6 years ago by HaloNest

if you can play with 40 fps and sharders on then there is no way your MC client takes ages to load.

8. not with shaders

9. If you play WITHOUT shaders and get 40 FPS you will not be able to handle any shaders mods.

I typically run 150-200 (without recording or shaders) and I cannot run any shader pack I've come across.

10. Just try it man, if you can't play with it, take it off
    it's best if you see for yourself

11. @alarmgv12 Just try it man, if you can't play with it, take it off
    it's best if you see for yourself

okey, my pc doesnt have a high max fps even with vsync, but it seems to handle laggy things such as mass tnt explosions

12. Edited 6 years ago by CactusOwnage

@Retrochewy Shaders take a lot of PC-power. For example:
    I can run Minecraft (when standing in my base) at ~700+ FPS (on Linux Debian I sometimes hit 1000 FPS (idk if it makes any diffrence)). That is with 16 chunk render distance and everything else pretty much on fancy and with 4x FXAA (which is anti-aliasing).
    When I enable a shader pack (in this example an ultra shader pack) it drops down to ~70-100 FPS. I can run pretty much any ultra shader pack at 60 FPS or higher at these settings. But there are 1 or 2 that go under 60 FPS. With those I also need to start turning down settings.
    Even when enabling low quality shaders it can still drop ~500 FPS for me (not exactly sure).

When you can only run at 40 FPS you probaly cannot run any shaders. MAYBE a very very low quality one. But I don't think it'll work out, unless you want to run at 10 FPS.

This is with an:

CPU: i7-6700k
    RAM: 16GB
    GPU: GTX 1070

13. I get 40fps with shaders, I can only run Kuda shaders at that rate though. Kuda looks good and isnt too hardware intensive.

I got:
    i5-6500k skylake
    8gb ddr4 ram
    GTX 1060 3gb

14. Shaders: Chocapic13 Lite
    CPU: i5-2300
    RAM: 4gb ddr3
    GPU: Intel HD Graphics 2000
    3fps

or Sign Up to reply!