Self Challenge Phase II: 25* Million or Bust

1. ‹ Older
  2. 4 years ago

This had to be a milestone, the first time I crossed paths with Crafty himself!

-image-

Well...sort of...anyway... I had read some chat messages about coming to spawn, so I decided to check it out. A few of the admins were, as well as Crafty, working on spawn. I kept my distance, as to not interrupt them, as I saw players being launched hundreds of blocks in the air to get them out of the way. Even I fell prey once, even though I was a considerable distance away. Soon Crafty began flying around spawn, and for just a few moments landed directly in front of me. He never said anything, but I figured I had to take the screenshot anyway. Thanks for the photo op Crafty, and thanks for the great server to play on!

3. cool

4. 7 Million Ticks.

0 Deaths.

-image-

No Iron Farm. No Gold Farm. No trades for any of this. (put the regen buff on the beacon to show i'm not cheesing, and yes, I have plenty more totems than what's shown):

-image-

Time for the home stretch. I got some digging to do for the megabuild I have in mind.

5. Be careful with the void, totems can't save you from that

6. @Myrtte Be careful with the void, totems can't save you from that

@iwarriiori would like to have a word with you.

7. @deyahruhd @iwarriiori would like to have a word with you.

Me or David? either way I'm watching my back haha

@Myrtte Be careful with the void, totems can't save you from that

Yup, I haven't gone to to the end much, just to stock up on e-pearls when i get low, and I stick to the main island then.

8. Edited 4 years ago by Graystreak

Um..well..I'm at a loss....

Someone bought me VIP... I guess Naidae is off the hook. Unless of course she was the mystery friend.

But to whomever it was, a HUGE thank you. I'm glad my little tale has inspired your generosity.

Oh, but the challenge still continues, I'm not to 10 Million just yet ;)

9. gimme all ur stuff when u hit 10 mill

10. I give all my stuff away if I DON'T make it Ronjob, including all my base coords and enderchest contents :)

11. Edited 4 years ago by j____a____r____d

@Roylne1 Me or David? either way I'm watching my back haha

David. iwarriiori is currently the only player in the server's history to have survived and escaped the void legitimately in survival mode.

Legends say his spirit still roams the void to this day, haunting those who attempted to trick him into an quick and inevitable death.

12. I've actually heard that legend, it was quite the feat based on the way it was described to me, probably not something I could come close to duplicating and another reason I'm avoiding the end haha

13. Edited 4 years ago by Naidae

Damn it! XD Wasn't me-- though I'll up the ante.. make it to 20 mil and I'll buy you VIP+

ETA: I know you have ideas on what you're planning on doing once you reach 10 mil, so no worries if you decide not to keep going! :)

14. someone go find him and kill him we want his stuff lol jk

15. Edited 4 years ago by Graystreak

@Naidae Damn it! XD Wasn't me-- though I'll up the ante.. make it to 20 mil and I'll buy you VIP+

ETA: I know you have ideas on what you're planning on doing once you reach 10 mil, so no worries if you decide not to keep going! :)

This honestly has never been about ranks for me, I would have been perfectly content ending as a default. What I was hoping to happen already has, I've engaged others on the server. This thread is sitting at 935 views currently. People all the way up to admin occasionally say hi to me when I log in (even as a default which really surprised me). I've been able to get people invested, even if it's only because they're waiting to see if they get my stuff.

That being said, I wouldn't be the "hardcore guy" if I turned down a challenge like this so.....

Fuck it. WE'RE GOING FOR 20 MILLION.

I'm going to reserve the right to keep my ender chest once I hit 10. I've had more than a few close calls and I think hitting the original goal deserves at least part of the reward I set myself. But i'll keep the base coords on the line all the way to 20, and if I fall I'll supply as much TnT as I'm able to make to the witnesses of the first death so they can go nuts on my bases (currently Shaded Tree Grotto and the foundation of my megabuild, which has a fully functional bad omen/raid farm).

16. Visited my original base in wild while gathering cactus, wasn't disappointed.....unlike HatHunter XD

-image-

Also holy crap 1k views on this thread, had no clue this would catch on so well!
    (oh and i'm now over 8 million, but i don't have a screenshot for it)

17. Not surprised you've got lots of views. Best thread for some time. Lots of action! It's great.

18. Dawwwwww thanks Tez! I'm happy to entertain :)

19. Tell you what, this thread gave me quite the read so I'll give you my spare elytra and dragon head once you hit 10 million to make end travel safer for you! Assuming you don't have one yet. :D

20. End travel's always safe if you got fireworks to spam, the common sense to fly decently high and the wits to spam space bar when you log in.

Source: Flew extensively in the end raiding cities, and in the overworld for mansions/outposts during the Great Crash Era of CM (1.14.1-1.14.3). Despite neverending server crashes while flying over open void, I've never had a NerdieBirdie happen to me.

You'll be fine. Just have an extra elytra when your main one dies.

21. @Shamstor Tell you what, this thread gave me quite the read so I'll give you my spare elytra and dragon head once you hit 10 million to make end travel safer for you! Assuming you don't have one yet. :D

I appreciate that Shamstor! I do have a dragon head already, it was part of a trade I made in the first couple days I was on the server. As for the elytra, I'd rather trade for it than be gifted it, I've gotten into the mindset of earning what I get, I'd feel guilty just being given an item that hard to obtain ;) (I have a post about trading for shulkers, if anything on there looks good let me know and I'm happy to adjust a trade for the elytra!)

@deyahruhd End travel's always safe if you got fireworks to spam, the common sense to fly decently high and the wits to spam space bar when you log in.

Source: Flew extensively in the end raiding cities, and in the overworld for mansions/outposts during the Great Crash Era of CM (1.14.1-1.14.3). Despite neverending server crashes while flying over open void, I've never had a NerdieBirdie happen to me.

You'll be fine. Just have an extra elytra when your main one dies.

I agree, now that 1.14.4 has been out for a while I've noticed the vast improvement, but it's more my own computer that makes me worry. I play on a potato, this thing is almost 10 years old, and has become a hodge podge of replacement parts over the years. Its makes gaming a little more difficult sometimes simply because it hiccups and can't keep up. I have no idea how this would affect trying to fly yet, but I would barely use an elytra in single player. I've kinda gotten used to not using one, and since I can trade for the one thing I need an elytra for the most (shulkers), it would be more a luxury than a need. I do still want to get one though, just to be able to look at builds from the sky for tweaking purposes. That's another reason I'd prefer trading over a gift, I feel like it would almost be wasted on me :)

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!