1. 4 years ago

make a .restart command, limit it by having 90% of players online having to do it, so if 9 out of 10 people writes .restart within say 1minute?, the server restarts after 3minutes?, or instantly?..

Also only if there's more than 10 people online, so it cant be too easily abused by a single group of people.

And yes, i know its easy for me to just say make, but if this is possible it would be awesome... the server at peak is just near unplayable after 50minutes of a restart sometimes even before that, making me afk for 1hour and 10minute until next restart.

2. I can appreciate the idea, where your coming from. But even with a majority rules vote the server could easily get trolled into oblivion.
    Maybe allowing some of the helpers or mods have access to a restart command or change the timer to every hour as the server gets bogged down to oblivion after about 45 minutes from restart.

3. Edited 4 years ago by Compos

in the server properties config. there is a max-tick-time.

just set it to something lower so the server dies if the ticks per second get too slow.

warning. i have no clue if this would cause incessant roll backs

maybe just limit player count to 16 from now on. and if there are 16 players on. kick a default player. so that there is space for vips and above

just to give vips an advantage!

4. If there are over 25 active players restarts wont be effective. As soon as all these 20+ people log back in it will only be a matter of minutes before things start going down the same old hill again.
    Just be patient until crafty does some of his twirly finger magic again.

5. @Jkeller4000 in the server properties config. there is a max-tick-time.

just set it to something lower so the server dies if the ticks per second get too slow.

warning. i have no clue if this would cause incessant roll backs

maybe just limit player count to 16 from now on. and if there are 16 players on. kick a default player. so that there is space for vips and above

just to give vips an advantage!

woah he said the forbidden d word!!!!

6. Select staff have the ability to restart the server via commands. As for restarts every hour, I think this would a bit too much, right now I run backups and other tasks that require the server to be running between restarts and cutting it down to every hour is a bit tight. I had to set the max tick time to something higher because it was killing the server every 5 minutes. I would rather have a controlled restart than watchdog crashing the server and losing data. We do have a system that will kill the server if it stops responding (watchdog was not detecting the server hang) as a last resort.

While kicking out defaults would reduce the lag, we need all players to make this server exist. Players bring votes and votes bring more players, a percent of these players will donate and help pay for the server which allows us to exist. It would also be against the EULA (if anyone still enforces it), you are allowed to have a pay to enter system but its all or nothing.

7. @CraftyMyner We do have a system that will kill the server if it stops responding (watchdog was not detecting the server hang) as a last resort.

That shit legit sounds like you're planning a guerilla attack on Mojang if they don't fix their shit. xD

or Sign Up to reply!