The future of Spawn Eggs

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

@Grinning_Bobcat What's next month's egg then? I ask just because it wouldn't really make sense with explanations. Or did i just missed the explanation while reading?

We don't decide eggs till the end of the month.
    It's also mostly Dawns department.

3. Edited 7 years ago by Grinning_Bobcat

@R4iscool1 We don't decide eggs till the end of the month.
    It's also mostly Dawns department.

Ah, but then why stop the egg-into-spawner system for this one month's egg? seems like a temporary solution

4. @Grinning_Bobcat Ah, but then why stop the egg-into-spawner system? seems like a temporary solution

I don't understand what you are saying.
    From this point onwards we will not place new eggs into spawners. Current eggs may be used to put in spawners however and we will continue to provide this service.

5. @Grinning_Bobcat Ah, but then why stop the egg-into-spawner system for this one month's egg? seems like a temporary solution

Temporary solution to which problem?

6. Edited 7 years ago by Grinning_Bobcat

@CraftyMyner I have had some time to rethink this decision, stopping eggs from being able to be placed in spawners now will not fix the economy, however, I don't want next month's egg to be able to be placed in a spawner. Going back on my original statement, eggs will still be able to be placed in spawners, just not next month's egg.

Well ask Crafty @Cileklim

7. Edited 7 years ago by Sofatroll

I know it's not the main topic of this thread but since everybody is talking about it, as unexpected as it sounds out of my mouth, I would really look forward having a map reset. I dont know why... maybe I'm just bored with this one

8. @Sofatroll I know it's not the main topic of this thread but since everybody is talking about it, as unexpected as it sounds out of my mouth, I would really look forward having a map reset ^^

same :P

9. Edited 7 years ago by Sofatroll

Also 1.11 pretty much fucked up the server economy. Not only the ammount of already existing shulker spawners but also the fact that it's now way harder for book shops to appear due to the change of how zillagers work and spawn, meaning that those who already have a public or private shop have an extreme advantage. Also the many adjustements to the server's villager shop made some players who took advantage of it before it was balanced incredible rich, others however have no chance to ever get close to that.

10. I enjoy seeing even the people who placed tons of their time and work into the game root for a reset to balance out the economy and to average out the fair play and advantages with both old and new players to come
    Maybe a voting poll ?

11. I think it'd take more than a reset. A serious discussion either amongst only staff or staff and some feedback from players, as to how the new vendors would look to still be useful and keep game balanced in a way to "futureproof" against minor economy updates.

But yah, I'd like a reset again in the near future. Moreso in that I have a better chance to start with other players than ever before. And make a better base from scratch.

12. -image-

13. Edited 7 years ago by CovertRaw

I agree completely with not changing spawners with new spawn eggs, it's much better for the server in the long run. However as many have pointed out players already in possession of these spawners are at a huge advantage over new players. A reset would be a possible solution to this and if it's decided that it's necessary then I'm all for it. I'm proud of the things I've built but I wouldn't hesitate to give them all up. I'm kinda hoping for a reset actually, it would be really exciting

14. I feel like a reset is kind of necessary and I would be willing to give up my base

15. I would like a reset too, also i think the server would be better without TPA or even sethome

16. @misterkickman I would like a reset too, also i think the server would be better without TPA or even sethome

No it definitely wouldn't

17. @Rybye No it definitely wouldn't

ITs an opinion first off, but think how easily things would balance if you had to take a horse or pack of llamas to spawn to trad, i think it would be really cool and fun

18. @misterkickman ITs an opinion first off, but think how easily things would balance if you had to take a horse or pack of llamas to spawn to trad, i think it would be really cool and fun

How would that balance things that just makes it more annoying to get around

19. @misterkickman I would like a reset too, also i think the server would be better without TPA or even sethome

people play CM for those features

20. @Quartz_King people play CM for those features

Ik, but at times i actually just walk to spawn, its really fun and adds to the game :P
    Also stop changing your skin ffs everyone has a signature skin

21. @misterkickman ITs an opinion first off, but think how easily things would balance if you had to take a horse or pack of llamas to spawn to trad, i think it would be really cool and fun

The map is huge. To stay safe, people have to live very far away, thousands and thousands of blocks away. No one wants to walk/ride all that distance, taking away hours of their time, just to go to spawn and trade.

Besides that, as much as I would hate to see all my creations disappear, and as much as it pains me to say this, I think a reset would be the right decision. The entire system of how many people get rich on the server has been compromised, and starting over with a new style of earning our way to the top is probably for the best.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!