The future of Spawn Eggs

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

@CraftyMyner
    Will there be a map reset? If so, I'm all for it.

3. @Cileklim That is exactly what we are talking about! This choice won't make the server more fair at all. So I, @Tez1010, @Cellexya, @Pimpcy, @Dennari43, @CovertRaw, @misterkickman, @Blesian, @Sofatroll, @_Drachenzorn_, @Rybye, @Quartz_King, @Valgys and @Ham_Radio think that a map reset is the best solution to make things better and more fair.

i also don't object to a map reset, though i would be at a big disadvantage because i can't get on barely at all now because i have a real job so it might mean the end for me but you can still add my name to that list

4. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

@PenguinMytyMJ i also don't object to a map reset, though i would be at a big disadvantage because i can't get on barely at all now because i have a real job so it might mean the end for me but you can still add my name to that list

If this happens, I will personally help you build a new base, I promise! :)

5. Is it bad that I'm actually looking forward to the next map reset? Whenever it happens I'll be excited for it!

6. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

@Cileklim You could give them a different spawn egg and some craftycoins in return? You can't just remove the whole feature just for a single mistake.

We cannot just take things from people that have brought them with real life money, it makes no sense, will cause huge trouble and mistrust nor do we have a precise list of who owns what eggs.
    Tracking down all the OP ones would be a nightmare.
    This is not the route we should be taking and I think most players would agree.

@Cileklim Removal of this feature won't fix anything because shulker eggs are still out there; being used, bought, sold...

Wrong it won't fix the current problem of shulkers but it will fix the future issues. We are trying to limit the damage caused by making sure it stays at only shulker eggs causing damage.
    Thankfully due to the cheap grinders the price has mostly become cheap and it's not too OP but we cannot rely on that in future cases nor should rare items be cheap and easily available.

@Cileklim Bat spawners can be used for XP purposes so they will cause lag just as much as any other spawner(s).

You are being intellectually dishonest if you claim that a bat spawner is just as likely to be used as a shulker spanwer and therefore will cause similar lag. Its quite clearly not the case.

@Cileklim The problem is not the spawn eggs. It's the shulker egg. I'm afraid the only solution to this problem other than map reset is to remove shulker eggs/spawners and give those players something else in return (different spawn egg, craftycoins, diamond blocks, an item with lore etc.). Removing a feature this vital should not be an option, cons are simply too many. My 0.02$

The problem is with the spawn eggs, since they are unobtainable items that we should not have being putting in spawners in the first place. This was not part of Mojangs intention for the game, since it's quite clearly overpowered even in the case of just cows and sheep. Therefore for the benefit of the server we will stop this service.
    It is not a feature, mojang never added this to the game nor is it vital since the vast majority of players do not have access it. So it is indeed an option and clearly the best one.

7. @Cileklim I'm not bothered of you being the richest player at all. In fact, when I compare "the decrease of VIP+ sales and the huge disadvantage to new players" to "you being the richest player", the latter wins. Also, shulker shells and boxes are meant to be expensive and hard to get so you wouldn't be dumb at all. In fact, you saw the opportunity and striked first so in my opinion it's absolutely your right to take advantage of it.

There's much more likely to be a deduction in VIP sales if we starting taking away items they brought.
    Therefore to prevent this problem in the future we will not admin commands to create spawners with eggs, it's not part of normal survival gameplay and it unbalances the economy wholesale.

8. @Cileklim If spawn eggs were to be prevented from being put in spawners, that wouldn't stop you from being the richest player on the server. So it doesn't matter at all.

I believe that the removal of shulker eggs/spawners will fix all the problems at once. It is the most effective and less impactful way to fix things.

No but it removes the future potential for damage which is what this move is designed to do.
    The boat of Shulker shells have already left the port, the damage is done sadly and it's not realistic nor fair to remove them.
    By removing the Eggs we prevent future damage and actually bring ourselves closer to what most would consider a vanilla experience.

We cannot remove items from players because we made a mistake giving them out, especially when they paid for them. That's neither fair nor relevant.
    Its quite clear the least impactful way is to prevent future problems this way by stopping putting the eggs in spawners.
    It does not fix the problem either, it just fixes the current issue which is Shulker shells, next update it could be polar bear eggs which are OP or Bat eggs. We cannot risk the change and we equally cannot take from the players.

9. @Cileklim That is exactly what we are talking about! This choice won't make the server more fair at all. So I, @Tez1010, @Cellexya, @Pimpcy, @Dennari43, @CovertRaw, @misterkickman, @Blesian, @Sofatroll, @_Drachenzorn_, @Rybye, @PenguinMytyMJ, @Quartz_King, @Valgys and @Ham_Radio think that a map reset is the best solution to make things better and more fair.

I guess I feel like a server reset at this point does not fix the over problem. Yes it takes away the shulker eggs and spawners which as you have said previously people paid to get vip+ either for that specific egg or an egg in general and taking those away at this point is not really right to those people. Also different eggs are given out every month right? So somebody that joins VIP + plus in the future will not necessarily obtain an egg from the past. The number of eggs in exsistance is the same number of current VIP+ that have collected their crates. The VIP+ then choose to hold on to that egg or cash it in for a spawner. My understanding is that this particular egg has caused problem not just from an economic standpoint as much as from a number of improperly built spawners. If an individual has to lose a spawner because of poor design that should be on their own head. In other words if they have to destroy that particular spawner because they lost control then that is a personal problem similar to if you die and an item clear happens or you accidentally throw your god sword on the ground and it gets item clear happens then your stuff is gone.
    The state of the economy of the server is mostly a matter of perspective. Through my own observations it seems to be primarly a Laissez-faire style. By definition it is the theory or system of government that upholds the autonomous character of the economic order, believing that government should intervene as little as possible in the direction of economic affairs. Their seems to be small levels of interference but they seem to be fairly small. It is next to impossible to have a purely Laissez-faire economic system. I guess I believe that this is more an issue of the amount of time it takes staff to have to deal with spawners that have gone arwy instead of the economic impact in game. I think it is reasonable to set a cut off date that after that point no more making eggs into spawners. I think resets should be a last resort and for reasons other than people complaining about fairness because they did not get something that somebody else has. I think resets should be reserved for when @CraftyMyner deems that this world has met the overall criteria for a reset not for some feared in game economic crisis. also I feel like this server is fair for everyone even if it means somebody else has a spawner and I don't. It means I have to work a little harder for my stuff but @cepheid has shown me that not everyone in this server are out for themselves and not everyone is looking to advantage over everyone else.

10. Having given some thought to the significant of a map reset, I would like to play the devil's advocate here for a second.

First off, let us not get caught up and underestimate the significance of a map reset. Rebuilding spawn, for example- and all the command blocks, I don't know how easily- if at all possible- we can transpose the spawn to a new map using a new seed. The effort that went into spawn and the server we have is always appreciated, and of course significantly improves the popularity and smoothness (at least in terms of interacting with others!) of the server.

Yet, even if that could easily be done, what about the attrition due to a map reset? We've done it before (and I was on hiatus during that time, so I don't know how it went over), but I would not feel comfortable with a map resent unless a significant (imho 2/3rds or ideally 3/4ths+) number of players were in favor in a poll.

Lastly, the issue of wealth- and this is moreso the Spawn Egg issue. I don't know the stats, I would be very surprised if VIP+ didn't foot most of the server bill. Do I think a select few individuals having spawners for shulkers is fair? No. But if Spawn Eggs are a major attraction for VIP+ subscribers, what if we remove the incentive for those who pay a major chunk of our bill?
    In fact, I'm not at all opposed to VIP+ members having more wealth than others in-server because of their status (there are limits though). Given my position as a college student, I can't afford VIP+ on its recurring basis, but I do think they are entitled to more than I am. I'd be happy if they got some kind of replacement instead of spawn eggs (perhaps even, they get the egg, but just cannot put in a spawner), such as a shulker box every CraftyCrate, and other resources and armor to make their projects easier.
    I don't think it'll be fair that only a few VIP+ members will have shulker spawners while other VIP+ members, in the future, won't. We cannot bluntly remove overall incentive unless most VIP+ users accept it.

Now I will say, for the second point, owing to attrition, what about doing the "legacy" thing again but on a shortened basis. I feel, if we had a legacy server of this, those who were hell bent on their bases and projects (assuming many people but not a majority felt strongly against a map reset) could work on them, but I feel those who remain on legacy would gradually lose interest and want to join the new server with time. I wouldn't be surprised if the last time we did a map reset nearly everyone switched within a month (and then, the server can be terminated).

Also, the map reset does allow for many more resources, from the mesa gold to the mansions, to a renewed End. And I would truly love the reset with so many new opportunities, and the rebalance of the economy (particularly in regard to shells). I think it is imperative that VIP+ members have an upper hand in the economy, but it must be fair among VIP+ members and any person who decides to become VIP+ in the future, such as myself when I graduate.

11. @carhadras I think resets should be a last resort and for reasons other than people complaining about fairness because they did not get something that somebody else has.

There's no complaining about unfairness here, at least not in my decision for a map reset. I have had 2 shulker eggs and more than a dozen spawners to put them in. I had full opportunity to use and abuse them for money. I had as equal a chance as Cepheid in taking over the market economy(though I could never have made as awesome and efficient a grinder as he), but I didn't. I actually got rid of my eggs, one by selling super cheap, the other by placing on the ground. I got the same eggs as other vip+ and the same opportunity to use them, so theres no unfairness in this situation. In fact, a decent chunk of the people asking for a reset have access to shulker spawners/eggs or are in otherways fairly wealthy on the server. It would actually be unfair to them if we reset, because they will lose more than anyone else on the server(being the most economically sound/rich), but to better the future of the economy, they still asked for a reset.

12. Edited 7 years ago by FishW

Ok so I'll jump in here, a lot of these posts are long so forgive me but didn't crafty say next months spawn egg? Not this month with the shulker egg? How did the whole shulker eggs being taken away talk begin? I must have missed something.....
    Also i don't think all of this crafty just taking away spawn eggs, i think mojang has some strict laws on this, and i hate to be that guy, but i believe in the EULA(edit link here: to give some clarity) it states no ingame items can even be given so i think crafty is properly trying to regulate his server. Just my thoughts that i don't think it is anyone here's fault. Just our common enemy Mojang at work.

13. Edited 7 years ago by cepheid

If we're actually gonna go down this route, I believe the EULA prohibits a direct exchange of money for in-game items (e.g. selling a godset + tools, or X amount of diamond blocks for $15 or whatever), and since the staff doesn't advertise what's in the crate I believe it's okay. Crates are supposed to be a fun thing and in many ways a bonus to anyone who feels invested enough in the server to donate anyway.

If I'm incorrect please let me know, I don't like spreading misinformation

14. I'm literally looking up ways to fix minecraft economies right now.

it's hard to make a strong limited economy in a game with unlimited resources

15. I can't give game play changing items, like op eggs, the issue is that I gave away the shulker egg when it was useless, then mojang made it op, my hope of giving it this month was to level the playing field for new players, rather then only having 5-10 players with the spawners.

16. And yes I am trying to become more eula compliant.

17. Idk if I'm the only one but I'm against map reset. I had enough of them and the economy is fucked up anyway. It was even before the shulker eggs. Fuck it now and leave it as it is. Honestly the only valuable thing and a good thing in the CC are the eggs. Either remove the eggs or think off something good for CC's. I kinda started losing will to play when I heard of reset. Idk why tho. I was always for the map reset before.

18. @CraftyMyner, I guess my major source of distress are my builds, which are only on this server. If there were a way for me to pay for you to save the chunks that include my base, so that I can insert them into my single player world, I would be LESS opposed to a reset. Of course I knew from the beginning the finite existence of this map, but for me, I just don't realize how much I'm going to invest, until it is already invested. It would be like watching hours, even days, of my life disappearing in an instant.

@Server Community, On the topic of the economy, I think people are blaming aspects of the server for the state of the economy, and while I will agree, Egg, villagers and TPA have EXPEDITED the current state of the economy, I believe that it is inevitable. People on this server were unbelievable wealthy, long before craftycrates or villagers were implemented. I mean a matter of days, and people were beyond rich with resources. I agree that a certain point it is more fun to reset the server and begin again, but I believe making the "economy" the major reason for the reset, is naive.

TL;DR - Inflated economy should not be the reason for the inevitable reset.

19. @Yelloms @CraftyMyner, I guess my major source of distress are my builds, which are only on this server. If there were a way for me to pay for you to save the chunks that include my base, so that I can insert them into my single player world, I would be LESS opposed to a reset. Of course I knew from the beginning the finite existence of this map, but for me, I just don't realize how much I'm going to invest, until it is already invested. It would be like watching hours, even days, of my life disappearing in an instant.

@Server Community, On the topic of the economy, I think people are blaming aspects of the server for the state of the economy, and while I will agree, Egg, villagers and TPA have EXPEDITED the current state of the economy, I believe that it is inevitable. People on this server were unbelievable wealthy, long before craftycrates or villagers were implemented. I mean a matter of days, and people were beyond rich with resources. I agree that a certain point it is more fun to reset the server and begin again, but I believe making the "economy" the major reason for the reset, is naive.

TL;DR - Inflated economy should not be the reason for the inevitable reset.

Agree 100%

20. @Yelloms @CraftyMyner, I guess my major source of distress are my builds, which are only on this server. If there were a way for me to pay for you to save the chunks that include my base, so that I can insert them into my single player world, I would be LESS opposed to a reset. Of course I knew from the beginning the finite existence of this map, but for me, I just don't realize how much I'm going to invest, until it is already invested. It would be like watching hours, even days, of my life disappearing in an instant.

I remember I was like this when 1.8 reset. I strongly opposed the reset then and even suggest moving the chunk of my build to the new map. But when 1.9 was released I started again, even improve 2 or 3x my builds. I want to believe Im a pretty decent builder myself, at this point I would love to see everyone in equal footing with a reset. Even sacrificing what I already have which is quite huge IMO. See my base:

21. I love how much feedback the community tosses in now a day's , wonderful thing to see .

or Sign Up to reply!