An Important Announcement!

1. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by CraftyMyner

Dear CraftyMynes Community,

With deep regret, I am sorry to say, CraftyMynes will be shutting down. For the past 2.5 years, I have spent almost every waking hour working on CraftyMynes to make it the best I can, and I feel that most can agree that it shows. We went from 0 staff and 0 players to 30 staff and just over 1/4 million players.

Coming April 12th I will be finishing my schooling and need to start thinking about my future. While the last 2.5 years have been a fun ride filled with good and bad times, I must move on. I just don't have the time to manage all the components that make the server as great as it is anymore.

I know you guys will have many and I will try to answer them all the best of my abilities.

When is the server being shut down? - At the end of April, I will not be renewing the servers and they will be taken offline.

Why not transfer ownership? - CraftyMynes is a very complicated system and I don't have the time to teach someone how to run it to the same standards that I hold myself to.

Can I get a copy of my base or the map? - I won't be giving out bases as it is too time-consuming, I don't know if I am going to allow downloading of the map yet.

To all my players, I can't thank you enough for being a part of my life, whether you kept me up all night on the TeamSpeak or greeted me with open arms when I join the server. To my staff, I hope you guys can all find a server half as good as CraftyMynes, I know you guys will all do great wherever you land.

- Crafty

Edit: It was just a prank bro! The camera is over there! Happy April fools!

2. Thank you for all your work, it's truly been a great part of all our lives.
    All good things come to an end sadly.

3. Edited 6 years ago by Rigmor

well shit
    is there any way we can pay for the upkeep and just leave the server as is? I don't care for the new minecraft updates but I trust the admins enough to keep the peace.

4. I don't think that's possible while we have a very solid staff team in place, no one here has any experience with all the custom software CM runs on nor the time to maintain and add to it.

5. Edited 6 years ago by Rigmor

day before april fools too. Crafty this would not be a funny prank.
    EDIT: it turned out to be a prank.

6. Edited 6 years ago by GrinningBobcat

Fight me Crafty.

7. Happy April fools!

8. Day before? It's April 1st for the server ;)

9. i hate myself rn. i knew the crazy theories in chat and i was like "not gonna happen". i was actually gonna write a heartfelt reply but it turns out the server got its dates wrong. #CMGullible

10. @CraftyMyner Day before? It's April 1st for the server ;)

Okay you got me. I'm not usually so easily fooled. ;P

11. Crafty you better have a protege but gg lol

12. This got me good I don't really pay attention to time so I was worried for like 5mins until a friend told me April 1st is tomorrow. :D gj

13. JUST A PRANK BRO THE CAMERAS RIGHT THERE

14. I was crying on the inside thinking a way to keep my buddies around! Makes me realize I'm so not ready to leave CraftyMynes drama life. </3
    I almost thought it was about time to do something with my life too.
    Well played ;-;

15. ITS JUST A PRANK BRO

16. i see the announcment : NOOOOOOOO , i play on this server since 1 year and 10 month ! ( i think :P ) , i lost my old base , i come in sc and now drafty close !

i speak to my friend : yeah ! it s just a prank !

in my head : NOOOOOO he had me !!!!

17. I'm pissed as fuck but... In the other hand I thanks god it's a joke

18. Can Proxeria not take over Crafty ?

19. Not sure lol

20. rip april 1 boi

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!