cepheid's thoughts #2: problems with staff and the server of CraftyMynes

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago

@R4iscool1 There already is an extensive introduction, in fact we have a 6 page guide on it.
    Anyone is free to ask any questions directly to higher staff or in the staff chat and they do, that's why I rejected that assertions of cephied, its simply not true.

As for unclear rules, it depends on context really when it comes to those words. We trust the good judgement of any staff to decide. Holding a vote really doesn't help unless we decide to blanket ban the words or blanket allow them.

The staff chat is very active, you can go away for an hour in the fun chat and come back to 700 messages easily. Hence why everyone has it muted.

We have taken the complaints and criticism which are true, which every staff has acknowledged there was some things that we need to work on, player retention for new players, voting and the rewards, clarifying texture packs and forge.
    That doesn't mean we should take half the barely hidden personal stabs in the OP's post and implement them all, after all if they really were issues they should have been raised when they apparently were one not months later as some sort of payback before leaving post.

You see this all makes sense, what is the point of this thread again?

3. Edited 6 years ago by Cellexya

@GrinningBobcat -image-
    How about just giving an orientation for staff, then if nublet staff helpers have questions they ask a higher up?
    If something is unclear or undicussed such as the use of bitch or dick being old examples then make a vote amongst the admins as a form of administrative hierarchy/seniority or have direct voting from all staff members.

I can confirm there is an orientation of sorts, when i was promoted i was given a tour of staff stuff, and Dawn and Baron had me in a skype call explaining rules, kicking, spawn cleaning and etc. When i was promoted to mod Nysic explained how to ban and that sort of stuff and the other staff things that come with mod. He missed a few things but all i did was ask questions and they were answered almost immediately. Most, if not all staff have Crafty on skype and if they dont get an answer from Staff Chat they can pm him directly and he always replies quickly. If new staff arent sure about anything and dont reach out for an answer further than Staff Chat then it just means higher ups are busy or just havent checked the chat yet. They all have lives and most of them mute the notifications from chat because as r4 said, it gets scary. Even admins will reply to direct skype messages so any unsure staff can pm them as well and probably get a faster reply if it is an urgent matter.

4. @GrinningBobcat -image-
    How about just giving an orientation for staff, then if nublet staff helpers have questions they ask a higher up?
    If something is unclear or undicussed such as the use of bitch or dick being old examples then make a vote amongst the admins as a form of administrative hierarchy/seniority or have direct voting from all staff members.

I can also confirm there already is an orientation. Considering I am one of the newest players to become helper, I feel like I have a good enough voice in this topic. When I was promoted, Dawn had me in voice chat and every single question I had was answered. She walked me through everything I had to do and even repeated steps when I wasn't sure if I heard correctly. I even said how I probably had more questions, but just couldn't think of any, and she made it clear that I can ask other staff at any time if I don't understand something. Staff made it very clear what my job was and was so helpful if I needed help. And I did in fact ask questions later on, mainly for my own benefit to make sure I understand, not because I wasn't told the first time. And the major person I asked for help from was Ceph cause we were usually on at the same time. Just because I asked him step by step questions doesn't mean staff didn't give a good orientation. I think that's where some confusion is coming from. Just because Ceph helped me learn more doesn't mean he was the primary teacher. He was more like the study hall helper that gave examples to the problems the teacher already taught.

5. @Dennari43 I can also confirm there already is an orientation. Considering I am one of the newest players to become helper, I feel like I have a good enough voice in this topic. When I was promoted, Dawn had me in voice chat and every single question I had was answered. She walked me through everything I had to do and even repeated steps when I wasn't sure if I heard correctly. I even said how I probably had more questions, but just couldn't think of any, and she made it clear that I can ask other staff at any time if I don't understand something. Staff made it very clear what my job was and was so helpful if I needed help. And I did in fact ask questions later on, mainly for my own benefit to make sure I understand, not because I wasn't told the first time. And the major person I asked for help from was Ceph cause we were usually on at the same time. Just because I asked him step by step questions doesn't mean staff didn't give a good orientation. I think that's where some confusion is coming from. Just because Ceph helped me learn more doesn't mean he was the primary teacher. He was more like the study hall helper that gave examples to the problems the teacher already taught.

And even if he was a primary teacher, he had been helper long enough to understand most if not all rules, and those he didn't know he could easily direct you to someone who could answer. Once you are staff and have a grasp on things, it is partially your job to help train new staff. Learning isn't just restricted to admins, any rank can help you learn as long as they are providing accurate information.

6. @Cellexya And even if he was a primary teacher, he had been helper long enough to understand most if not all rules, and those he didn't know he could easily direct you to someone who could answer. Once you are staff and have a grasp on things, it is partially your job to help train new staff. Learning isn't just restricted to admins, any rank can help you learn as long as they are providing accurate information.

Exactly!

7. I feel that the discussion on this post is over and therefore I am locking it. If you have anything else to add or wish to talk to me, please either PM me or make a new post.

- Crafty

or Sign Up to reply!