1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago

Add a storage cap between 15-30 levels worth. That could solve some mass XP storage issues.

For anyone reading this who's having trouble following along: It's important to distinguish XP levels from XP. Because each XP orb is worth a certain XP amount, and each level needs more XP than the last to increase.

3. All the Issues aside.

No one has yet to provide a solid reason for implementing such a system.

4. @R4iscool1 All the Issues aside.

I mean it could be said why is the Crafty Credit exists if no good reason to really have it, food and xp as a reward for voting would be enough. My point being is that not having a solid reason wouldn't necessarily a bad thing, It would help out players that have no grinder and don't want to go out and hunt for xp

5. @GrinningBobcat I mean it could be said why is the Crafty Credit exists if no good reason to really have it, food and xp as a reward for voting would be enough. My point being is that not having a solid reason wouldn't necessarily a bad thing, It would help out players that have no grinder and don't want to go out and hunt for xp

Crafty credits exist because it encourages voting whereas food and XP don't.

A lack of a reason to do something is generally a reason not to do it.
    I don't think we should be helping players by making the game even easier than it already is and let them just stockpile levels, removing another minecraft process from the gameplay. If we start thinking about it that way we may as well play creative.

6. Edited 6 years ago by 1Lysander

@NutjobBob @1Lysander Don't take this the wrong way, but your posts are rather confusing and it took me a while to understand what you're trying to say. I don't think Crafty and Ven have quite understood you either so I'm going to attempt to explain what you're suggesting a bit clearer.

In a nutshell, make the xp bank work the same way as the players level bar.
    When a player wants to store xp calculate the approx. number of experience points they have and add it to the number in the bank.
    E.g. Player has 7 levels, 7 levels = 91 xp
    Bank has 10 levels, 10 levels = 160 xp
    New balance = 91+160 = 251 = 13 levels (round down)

When a player wants to take xp out do it as levels.
    E.g. Player has 0 levels, bank has 13 levels
    Player takes out 7 levels
    Player then has 7 levels, bank has 13-7 = 6 levels

This avoids the two apparent problems with just using exp or levels that other people have pointed out above. Namely:
    If only using levels; Players can repeatedly bank low numbers of levels, which require very little xp. Letting them accumulate very high numbers of levels much faster, and by collecting much less xp, than would normally be possible.
    If only using xp; Players can bank very large amounts of xp and use that to repeatedly gain low levels (i.e. go from level 27-30). Although this is less problematic in my opinion because it's no different to using an xp farm until you hit level 30, enchanting, and then repeating.

Unfortunately the method @1Lysander suggested still has issues. With a bank like that you could essentially farm xp from it by storing small amounts of xp and taking it out out again while you are at a much higher level.
    E.g. You bank 27 xp = 3 levels
    Level up to 27, you can then use the 3 levels to go from 27-30. That would normally cost 310 xp, but you just did it for 27!
    Rinse and repeat

Obviously you could work around this either by forcing players to bank all their xp before taking any levels out, or by preventing people from taking out levels if they have more levels than are in the bank but by this point no-one is actually reading this god-awful absurdly long post anyway it's probably more trouble than it's worth to implement.

K, bye

that explanation was pretty good but I did say to avoid the "27-30 levels with only 3 in the bank" by making it so that in order to take levels out you have to have less than or equal to the amount of exp in the bank before and after the transfer.

e.g.
    you have 31 levels in the bank and 27 levels on you,
    you can take 2 levels out of the bank before you cant take any more.
    this leaves you with 29 levels on you and 29 levels in the bank

7. @R4iscool1 All the Issues aside.

a good reason to have this is that it would encourage more new players to vote because they would have a way to keep there exp before exploring and are less likely to be ran off the server by players who like to kill new players

Another good reason is that it could attract attention to CraftyMynes. more players equals more possible donaters to CraftyMynes and more pizzas for crafty (<-- meant to be comical) .

This could also help crafty get further recognized for his coding skills in CraftyMynes by people who may hire him after he gets out of school (<-- is he still in? idk i remember talking about it in his April fools announcement)

This could also help hone Crafty's skills at coding (or just be childsplay practice) and to learn more on mechanics and way's to implement things,.. more chances to be experimental with the command blocks

there's at least three from me i am pretty sure i already stated at least one of these in past comments

8. As I said, this is what I had, the bank stored xp as xp and not levels, and payed out in xp, not levels. Being able to put some or all of your levels into the bank takes away any risk of losing them making survival one bit less important. Right now my time is my most important resource as I am working full time and only have a little bit of time to spread around. Coding skills are not an issue here, I've made it before, the issue is that it interferes with other game mechanics.

9. @CraftyMyner As I said, this is what I had, the bank stored xp as xp and not levels, and payed out in xp, not levels. Being able to put some or all of your levels into the bank takes away any risk of losing them making survival one bit less important. Right now my time is my most important resource as I am working full time and only have a little bit of time to spread around. Coding skills are not an issue here, I've made it before, the issue is that it interferes with other game mechanics.

I agree, just wanted to throw an idea on to how to make it slightly more fair. Though I do think it takes away from the "survival" in "survival mode".

10. @R4iscool1 I don't have farms. Only magic meat. I'm the rationing god.

11. Could you not just have the system able to withdraw and deposit specific amount of xp, and not levels?

12. @AttackTeam Could you not just have the system able to withdraw and deposit specific amount of xp, and not levels?

No, you can only give XP, not take it. That still leaves you with the issue of devaluing survival mode.

13. Would there be any possible way to overcome these issues somehow? like the give xp command? you can give players set amounts of xp using that.

14. @AttackTeam Would there be any possible way to overcome these issues somehow? like the give xp command? you can give players set amounts of xp using that.

@CraftyMyner No, you can only give XP, not take it.

You can give levels or XP with the XP command but you can't take XP. You can (and I have done before) make a command block system to take levels and convert them to XP.

15. what if you took a chunk of it out (ex 25% exp fee or have higher fees for higher level amounts for using the bank) that way it makes more sense to keep on yourself unless you absolutely have to store

or Sign Up to reply!