Is 1.13 Going to be a Reset?

1. 6 years ago

Is 1.13 going to be a reset?

Because this seems like a pretty big change to commands.

2. minesy

16 Aug 2017 Suspended

hmmmm... seems like it may... but it probably wont because it has been less then a year since the last..

3. @minesy hmmmm... seems like it may... but it probably wont because it has been less then a year since the last..

No matter the time, some command blocks creations won't function anymore.
    I think there will be a reset..

But let's look at the bright side of it for a second.
    1.13 will ease some harsh server mechanics (that never work for my server, grr!) that are hard to implement in a multiplater world such as world structures, custom loot tables, custom achievement etch, they all will be stores in one unique folder called datapack.

Now let's look at the command blocks for a second.
    The most of the commands will the slightly changed

• /clear
    • /give
    • /setblock
    • /summon
    • /toggle
    • /scoreboard
    • /testfor
    • /tp

Etch.

So reset ftw

4. https://gist.github.com/Dinnerbone/943fbcd763c19be188ed6b72a12d7e65
    ^ All the 1.13 commands. 98% have been changed

5. Also the structure of resourcepack folders will change, and 98% of the 1.13 textures are just horrible

6. I think a reset should be considered but respect that these changes are not final and a reset may not be needed in due course.

7. We are monitoring the changes but these are just snapshots and as stated not final. Once something is ready to be launched we will look at everything.

Changes to the command blocks are currently being worked on and there will be a few changes to how these systems function, if some of these changes do go live. But we are not counting our chickens just yet.

Nysic

8. @HaloNest Where is it said that resourcepack structure is being changed?

9. I heard that from your friend Mickey Joe Alpha talking with Danchuc on the PackPainters discord.
    @3ddy
    Or maybe it was someone else, I don't remember just right.

It was something about the models and blockdata I think

10. Edited 6 years ago by Valgys

Since all of this seems to be focusing on performance and "backend" stuff relative to the players, a reset may not be necessary.

After the new release, we'll probably be in the 1.12 version for at least another month while the admins work to adapt and test the new commands, but after that it'd be an update to the new version then back to business as usual (def not trying to minimize the amount of effort needed to go into the recoding though).

Unless the admins want a reset specifically for a clean slate or something, I don't think a reset is absolutely critical.

11. @Valgys We'll probably be in the 1.12 version for at least a month while the admins work to adapt and test the new commands, but after that it'd be an update to the new version then back to business as usual (def not trying to minimize the amount of effort

Craftymynes's always been updated to the newest version, why not this time? And if so:
    How can you work on something it's not even sure?
    What if you change all command block inputs but then Mojang decides to change? Much rage
    All we know's a leak of an update still in develoepment.

If not, Valgys's right

12. It is true that they are changing everything about commands, however, all the same functions exist, just written a different way. It is quite possible a converter could be written to translate the code to the new format. Especially now that most of the code is in functions.

13. I don't think a converter program would be the best way to go though. A lot of commands are able to be written differently and more efficiently, something a converter wouldn't be able to do.

14. Wouldn't want a reset, spent too much time lmao

15. think of it as everybody starting from scratch and at the same level, would be kinda fun to go through

16. Personally I would prefer no reset, just rewriting the commands for the same map.

17. @OtherGreenGamer Personally I would prefer no reset, just rewriting the commands for the same map.

That would implement the server either down for mantainance or some clutch functions to not work (like tpa or rtp) during playtime for a while.

And starting from 0 is fun

18. @HaloNest That would implement the server either down for mantainance or some clutch functions to not work (like tpa or rtp) during playtime for a while.

And starting from 0 is fun

Incorrect. They could just keep in the same version and map for a while, and transfer all the commands over with structure blocks to the new version. Downtime would be small.

I'm not sure if structure blocks save command blocks though.

19. @OtherGreenGamer I'm not sure if structure blocks save command blocks though.

They Do.

20. @OtherGreenGamer Incorrect. They could just keep in the same version and map for a while, and transfer all the commands over with structure blocks to the new version. Downtime would be small.

I'm not sure if structure blocks save command blocks though.

That's another option.

@Jams__ They Do.

They do now, what if they get corroupted or changed in any way?
    Happened in the past to some custom maps, nothing sure, but take it in consideration

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!