The Best and the Newest

1. 6 years ago

Weird title, I know. I like weird things. :P

This thread really is simple.

What would you like to see in the future of Minecraft?

New redstone concepts? New boss mobs? Some additions from mods (like pistons, originally)?

Let's discuss!

2. An easy way to loop playsound commands would be wonderful. <3 Can't help myself...I'm a mapmaker. :P And yeah, more things to do in the ocean would be nice. Aside from the somewhat-rare guardian temples, we just have squid...

3. @MagicalMapmaker An easy way to loop playsound commands would be wonderful. <3 Can't help myself...I'm a mapmaker. :P And yeah, more things to do in the ocean would be nice. Aside from the somewhat-rare guardian temples, we just have squid...

We must be able to summon... The Kraken! Lol!

4. Multi-threading support.

I’d take it as the only change in a single update. That alone would improve everyone’s Minecraft experience with what’s already in the game.

5. Minecraft original edition

6. Edited 6 years ago by JuraraJupiter

Fish mobs, instead of the "invisible until caught" system we have now. They could just spawn like squid do and then be drawn towards the bobber and then fly through the air when you reel them in and turn into items when they hit the ground and die. Seems simple enough, though it would screw up AFK fish farms for sure, and it would be a major change to the fishing system in general. Not sure how they'd do treasure though, it's unfortunate that they added that without changing the fishing system first because it makes it more complicated. Perhaps fish have a chance to drop treasure that they've "eaten" for example. I think fishing could be a lot more interesting/engaging.

Edit: Better idea. You reel in the fish and on the bobber is some treasure attached as well. Less gross than the fish having eaten the treasure, and makes more sense. As well, sometimes the fish could get away (visibly swim off when you reel in) and you may still get the treasure attached.

7. @JuraraJupiter Fish mobs, instead of the "invisible until caught" system we have now. They could just spawn like squid do and then be drawn towards the bobber and then fly through the air when you reel them in and turn into items when they hit the ground and die. Seems simple enough, though it would screw up AFK fish farms for sure, and it would be a major change to the fishing system in general. Not sure how they'd do treasure though, it's unfortunate that they added that without changing the fishing system first because it makes it more complicated. Perhaps fish have a chance to drop treasure that they've "eaten" for example. I think fishing could be a lot more interesting/engaging.

Edit: Better idea. You reel in the fish and on the bobber is some treasure attached as well. Less gross than the fish having eaten the treasure, and makes more sense. As well, sometimes the fish could get away (visibly swim off when you reel in) and you may still get the treasure attached.

I wouldn't know, but fish would cause a lot of lag if they were everywhere, would they not?

8. Edited 6 years ago by JuraraJupiter

Not at all. I'm thinking small schools of fish, with a mobcap of course. If a hundred endermen don't cause lag, 20 fish wouldn't. And I'm actually thinking more like 10 at most gathered around the bobber.

9. I would love to see a new boss monster suface. Something air-based.

10. Deleted 6 years ago by Compos
  11. Edited 6 years ago by Fingerbib

worms

edit: also it would be cool if they fixed vanilla multiplayer

12. Different coloured redstone lamps rather than just the standard red. Imagine the map level designs and spooky blue atmospheric interiors of houses/hallways or others. Idk that's all I got for now.

13. @Chilled_Chaos Different coloured redstone lamps rather than just the standard red. Imagine the map level designs and spooky blue atmospheric interiors of houses/hallways or others. Idk that's all I got for now.

This, that would be dope

and something with beacons. they're cool but i feel like they're pretty one dimensional.

14. @Chilled_Chaos Different coloured redstone lamps rather than just the standard red. Imagine the map level designs and spooky blue atmospheric interiors of houses/hallways or others. Idk that's all I got for now.

Oooo, I like it!

15. Add gravity to all blocks and structural integrity to buildings. Also make the game scatter blocks in the vicinity of an explosion.

16. why waiting for the future when you can code mods yourself or implement new features with command blocks or resource packs tho?

we all know Jappa and his pals are lazy asses and probably it will take them twenty years to finally implement what people have wanted all along.

17. @HaloNest why waiting for the future when you can code mods yourself or implement new features with command blocks or resource packs tho?

we all know Jappa and his pals are lazy asses and probably it will take them twenty years to finally implement what people have wanted all along.

Most Minecraft players cannot code or design texture packs to that extent.

18. time to learn

19. @HaloNest time to learn

Not everyone has the time/talent/desire to do that. Suggestions are incredibly valuable - we shouldn't all stop suggesting things and build our own games instead. I mean, you can if you want, but that's not for most people.

--

Anyway, I'd like to see birds or some flying creature (parrots don't count lol). Would be epic if there was a tameable flying mob, but that would potentially make elytras useless. There would have to be some feature to offset that - perhaps your flying mount would get "tired" after a while, or perhaps it would require some rare item every so often.

20. Edited 6 years ago by HaloNest

if you got the time to play minecraft then you got the time to code mods and do resource packing eh...
    tell me does it take that long to make such a texture?
    -image-
    does it take such a talent?
    takes as much time as the time your bases last...

plus I'm in a costant want of new stuff to explore, then I'd like more biomes mobs bossess structures and things of this kind.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!